color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning everyone!
My 4th was fun...and yours?
My friend made a watermelon salad with Vidalia onions, olive oil and lime juice that was so good, and there was wine from the local vineyard down the street - that she bought at the gas station [!} and it too was very good. surprise!

Trying all those excellent wines in France really captured my interest. I think we probably had the "best of the best" as the other guests who visited during our stay were the American US representatives for the company. I don't drink as a rule, but now I am always curious to experience wine.

The band I've been looking at starts at 3.5k in gold and is 2.5mm - very delicate.
It seems like a lot to me, but in comparison to Tiffany, Cartier, etc. it is probably not all that high.
Whoops! I think I am channeling the NIRDI enablement program.

Let's stick to Maui Jim's, OK? lol

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Jimmianne, I'm going to start with the enabling....only because I love Caysie's work. After you mentioned the pricing of a branded piece, Caysie's pricing didn't seem that bad. The band is gorgeous AND would look so beautiful with Joy. Consider it a little work of art on your finger. :love: :love: :love: In all seriousness, it will look beautiful on you Jimmianne!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, thank you for the ena-bling!
It's what we do for each other, eh?
Just a little nudge in the right direction. : )

But what I love about PS is that PSers will also say when they think a piece is not a good idea, so I trust when people say "go for it!"

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Callie, I have plenty of room for another bear. Sorry the present wasn’t for you and I can’t believe your DH found a bear for me. Knowledge of my weird bear obsession is spreading near and far. I am glad to hear I’m not the only one who is OCD about dirty dishes. If Marty cooked something for lunch and didn’t clean up the kitchen or rinse his dishes I have to do them before I cook supper. We are getting a lot of rain this afternoon here. Hopefully it stays away from your landscaping project. Marty put in a drip system to water our pots out front; I LOVE that. I be your landscaper could put something like that in for you. I feel bad for your furbaby hating all the fireworks going off. I heard them well after I went to bed last night and that was pretty late.

LLJsmom, your daughter sounds like a wonderful person. I am glad you have her in your life. You are lucky you can take the heat and humidity. I have a temperature tolerance of about 2 degrees and that’s about it. 72 to 74 is it. The bears are doing great with Marty on the other side of the world. Weird how that happens.

Jimmiane, ena-bling is awesome! I will have to check out some Caysie bands. They look lovely.

Marty got to Malaysia at 8 am our time today. It was 97 with 80% humidity. Fun! Marty hates heat and humidity. He needs to take lessons from LLJsmom.

I stayed up until about 1 am last night waiting for Marty’s last plane to take off.

I went grocery shopping and was going to go back to Sears and buy the new dishwasher and refrigerator but it’s been raining a lot. Maybe I’ll go buy them tomorrow.

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I 'm really sorry about the rash, I hope by now it has gone away…try not to worry too much if it isn't, it could very well be something minor that will just go away on its own. I know it has you upset though (((Hugs))) and I do understand that it's worrisome. Ugh, it really is always something, isn't it? And please don't hesitate to share the things you're going through! You could never be a downer; you are always so compassionate and supportive to all of us, the least we can do is return the favor when you're worried about something! I hope you and Greg had a nice weekend and were able to get some cycling in.

Yes, it's getting close to beach time! :dance: I'm looking forward to the break - it will be great to get away for a little while.

Jimmianne, ena-bling - I see what you did there! :cheeky: Love it! :D And I can see why you are tempted by that band, it really is beautiful. Glad you had some fun things going on this weekend, sounds like a wonderful time.

Marcy, you certainly have had a few busy days, your get-together with your friends sounds like a lot of fun! And the menu, yum! Wow, Marty really is quite the globe-trotter on this trip, I hope things go well for him in Malaysia. These long trips aren't' easy, that's for sure. Will he be gone for long?

Calliecake, sorry your poor doggie was so scared, it's really tough to see them that upset, thank goodness it's over.

Luv, I hear you on the added expenses of the wedding, but it will be a wonderful family trip for all of you. And, (talk about enabling :halo: ), I think you should at least consider DH's offer, that watch is so special and 35 years is a big anniversary! I just think it would be so awesome for you to have that watch on your wrist.

LLJsmom, your daughter sounds like a very special girl with a lot going for her! You must be so proud of her.

Have a good night everyone, see you tomorrow!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey girls, I need your advice. Remember how I told u about that $3k LV bag that I liked? Well, I can get that for about $1k less. Legit. Or I save about $400 on a LOVE cuff. What would you do? I don't think I will get another chance at saving $1k on the bag unless I'm here, which will not be for years. But you all know how long I have loved that LOVE. another potential option is to get the orchid necklace which I do love. That is about $230 less. But the feeling of saving $1k would be huge. What to do???

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs! I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday weekend.

Marcy, how are you doing? Poor Marty traveling on the holiday and to a place that is so hot and humid. I hope he gets what he needs to accomplish quickly and that he is on his way home to you very soon!

I am glad you got to watch some good movies and are also enjoying reading good books. Sounds like a perfect way to spend a relaxing weekend. Thank goodness you have your fur babies to keep you company and we know things are never dull with those killer bunnies hopping about lurking in corners ready to attack the sweet teddy bears.

We can see fireworks from our beach house as we are across from NYC and the harbor. And the town had fireworks the night before that we could also see from our backyard. Truthfully it doesn't interest me though Greg watched for a while. I am over the whole fireworks thing and in fact as much as I loathe to admit it I don't like parades either. I am glad that some of you enjoyed the fireworks however and they can be very pretty to watch.

I guess I am a bit bah humbug about parades, fireworks, and that sort of organized mass celebration. Parades block the streets and make noise and cause traffic jams and fireworks are noisy and disruptive to our fur babies and our lives so yeah I could do without the whole affair. Sorry I know that is so bah humbug but that's how I feel. MY least favorite parade is the Caribbean day parade because they block off all the streets by us and it is a real traffic nightmare. We are never home for that parade anymore just so we can avoid the mess.

I am attaching a very boring photo but the only one I have of a July 4th parade we cycled by on the holiday. This was the Ocean Grove July 4th parade. Kae Kae, did you happen to catch that parade? It goes through all of Ocean Grove and it is very small town charming as far as parades go that is. :sun:

Yay for popcorn for dinner! That is one dinner I can make without Greg's help when you visit hehe. JK I would never serve guests popcorn for dinner LOL. I am a much better host than that but popcorn for dinner for one is a nice change and treat for sure.

I hope this workweek is a good one for you Marcy and that conflicts you have been dealing with are successfully resolved. Thank you for your hugs!

Luv2sparkle, thanks for your reassurance. My derm thinks it could be a drug reaction now from my Oracea but I am not discontinuing that med unless I seriously have no other choice. It is the only med controlling my POD and I cannot bear thinking about d/cing it and going back to what I was dealing with from October 2014 till this summer so hoping for the best.

When is your daughter's wedding? I think it must be getting near and I know it will be a time you will always treasure and worth the time and expense. Happy experiences and memories like that well you cannot put a price on these things. I still think you should get that Cartier watch at Costco if you want it. 35th anniversary woohoo!!! That's something to celebrate!

Does your dh still cycle like he used to Luv? I remember you sharing your dh's love of cycling with me and I was just wondering if he still goes and if you ever join him. If so have you considered tandeming? There really is nothing like it and since you have been together 35 years I know you would love it. There's a saying about couples who tandem. It really gets you where you are going in the relationship must faster than you could have ever imagined LOL. If you are a good couple you will love it (as you guys are) but if there are any problems in the relationship it will be magnified 1000% and bring them out that much more quickly. But as I said for good relationships is is so enjoyable to be able to feel the wind in your face cycling with your dh enjoying being together and being active. Just a thought for your 35th if you haven't gotten your dh a gift yet. A tandem bicycle perhaps? :cheeky:

Callie, There are Maui Jim sunglasses for faces of all shapes and sizes so yes you can find a pair that looks great on you. If you go to their website they have for small/med/large faces and then tell you if it works on round/oval/heart/square etc shaped faces. I find it best to try on in person though as buying something like sunglasses/glasses sight unseen is a crap shoot even with the best description. Is there a sunglass hut/Lenscrafters near you because they carry Maui Jim sunglasses. The problem is that most stores that carry them do not have their full selection so you might want to go to a few different stores to try as many different pairs as you can to find the best pair for you. Also Luv said that some Costco stores have them too. Unfortunately I checked and they are not at our beach Costco at least not yet.

I am glad you had a good weekend of shopping for shoes and dinners out. Sounds wonderful!
I hope the landscaper can come Tuesday and take care of everything for you then. Fingers crossed the weather holds. We have rain/thunderstorms predicted all week but I am cool with that and we will make the best of it. Greg is working from the beach home all week and I am the only one off from work so that is always challenging scheduling around his unpredictable work schedule. I sure wish he got more vacation time from work but we do what we can with what we have right?

Haha on Jeff finding another bear for Marcy. Love it! The NIRDIs are ever present and ever dear. :appl:

LLJsmom, that is a dilemma. OK a few questions. You sold a couple of LV bags on ebay recently. How is this one different? Will you use and enjoy this new LV bag? I mean a deal is only a deal if you are getting exactly what you want and this bag sounds like exactly what you want but I want to make sure you will use it and not save it for another day. If the answer is yes you will enjoy it now I say go for it. You love your LV bags and 1K savings is not an insignificant amount.

As for the LOVE bracelet I thought you didn't like the way it looked on your wrist? Sorry if I am getting confused but saving $400 doesn't matter if you aren't going to like the way it looks or feels. I was actually thinking about this the other day and thought if someone who is wearing a bracelet that cannot easily be removed gets mugged what happens? I worry about things like that and just mentioning it because if you are wearing a bracelet and a criminal mugs you and then tries to get the bracelet off how does that work? I don't like anything that I cannot easily remove so just putting that out there to think about because it is good to be prepared for different scenarios. If you love the way the bracelet looks on you and feels on you and removing it isn't difficult well then I am going to say get the bracelet too. Saving money on something you actually want and love and will wear is worth getting both these items IMO. You can take it from another bling fund of yours so can rationalize/justify it that way.

I am glad you are feeling better and taking it easy re running so you can get back to that very soon also. It is smart to let your body rest and heal so you can start running without reinsuring yourself.

Your daughter is amazing and that doesn't surprise me. The apple doesn't fall very far from the tree dear LLJsmom!

I need lessons from you about staying cool when it is hot and humid. That is amazing you can do that and I would be just like your friends fanning myself and probably making myself hotter.

Jimmianne, I have a question for you. Do the people who do those vintage bike tours cycle in vintage clothing or vintage *cycling* clothing? Greg asked me and I didn't know the answer. Darn because a couple of years ago I got rid of Greg's cycling clothing from the 80's and 90's. Not sure that qualifies as vintage though as to me the 80's and 90's were recent decades. LOLOL. :lol:

Glad you had a great July 4th. That watermelon salad sounds delicious. Mmmmm.
And yes let's stick to affordable things for now so we can save some $$$ for something we are completely and totally in love with OK? For now Maui Jims are an affordable treat. I think every NIRDI should get a pair. :cheeky:
Haha ena*bling. LOVE it.

Kristie, how are you enjoying your new Samsung? What are your thoughts re clarity when chatting on the phone and internet reliability? How is the charging power, how long does it last on one charge? I am interested because I am deciding (not till autumn though) between the new Samsung or switching to the iPhone and I am unsure which is best.

And I might have missed it but what is going on with Ms Groovy?
Hugs to Finnie boy and Maggie girl and hope everyone is staying cool.

Junie, thank you sweetie for your hugs. I always love getting hugs from you girls. We enjoyed the weekend very much and got cycling in all 3 days. This week I am hoping there are some mornings Greg will be able to cycle with me even though he is officially working but we shall see because rain is predicted all week starting tomorrow. LOL. What can you do.

I am excited for your beach getaway and all the NIRDIs are sending you lots of good thoughts and good luck wishes for a smooth closing and move! :appl:

oceangrovejuly4thparadeduringourcycling.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom,

Missy said just what I would have said if I had my wits about me and could articulate as she does.
I thought they were once called slave bracelets so I looked it up and the designer based it on the idea of a chastity belt, so I guess I would wear one if my partner did also! LOL [but I think it would feel restrictive, at least to me - not the chastity part : ) but the not being able to easily remove it.

Missy, yes, the cycling clothes looked vintage and many people wore vintage "street" clothes - hats, skirts, dresses...old uniforms..lots of suspenders, and many willow bike baskets with a picnic, wine or stuffed animal : )
and of course lots of vintage bikes.
7906668-12283117.jpg 1a99b962d5a0d00aa71f9084253a3b6f1380097985100.jpg 11142202_1396949020625474_1525443470_n.jpg

Happy Monday to every NIRDI!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, I'm answering you before I read what anyone else has said regarding your purchases. I didn't want what anyone else said to make me rethink what my gut wants to tell you. Please don't be mad at me becuase I'm going to be brutally honest with you...you know I love you. Here goes. Please buy the LV bag. The reason I say this is because $1,000 is a huge savings for the bag. Now onto the bracelet. You and I have both gone back and forth on this bracelet for years...I still go back and forth. I have almost bought it 4 times. Right before I go to make the purchase something always tells me to wait. Just like you I LOVE this bracelet on other people but know I would be unhappy with it getting beat up looking, which it will. You can't take it on and off often so there is no way to avoid it getting beat up. In my opinion the cuff doesn't look nearly as nice as the bracelet. If Cartier changed the design and made one that you could easily take on and off I would fly to California and be standing in line with you to buy it. We could be bracelet twins!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Well I guess it would have been fine if i had read all the comments regarding the bracelet for LLJsmom. We all seemed to be in the same page... Whew! I had never even thought about the getting mugged factor. I seriously doubt many criminals would believe you couldn't take it off without a screwdriver! I hope you and Greg are able to get out and the weather cooperates. My husband was off on Friday for the holiday but spent much of the day working and on the phone with London. I worked on putting music on an IPod while he worked. I was pretty embarrased when the you guy was showing me all the features of my car started laughing at my IPod. I'm sure I had one of the original ones. He didn't think you could still by the cables for it to use in the car. So I took my husbands new one and he is getting another one. I had to laugh the other day. We stopped in Barnes and Noble and I was at the Starbucks inside getting coffee. The two young girls behind the counter were trying to plan a 70's party and had no idea what music to play. They were picking my brain about what music to play. Too funny. Did I walk out of there feeling OLD! I hear you on parades. I thought they were boring as a kid!

Marcy, I hope you are doing well with Marty out of town. He is bound to be exhausted after this trip. I hope your second meeting with your group gets cancelled and your work week goes well. My husband has named your bear. I told him you may not like the name he chose and you can't give someone a gift and name it!

Junebug, I'm so glad you are going to the beach. You deserve it more than anyone I know! Can you bring Zoe with you? My husband wants to try to bring our furbaby on a vacation with us. Believe me, we would be thrown out of the hotel in 15 minutes if we brought her along. She would bark at everything if she was someplace she wasn't familiar with.

Jimmianne, I love yiur pictures! What have you decided about the ring?

Kristie, I have missed you. I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!!! :wavey:

Had a good 4th, lots of pool time and our neighbors next door DID NOT set off their ordnance at midnight which last year caused Finn and Maggie about 6 hours of high anxiety and freak out and no sleep for anyone. I hate fireworks, wish they were illegal here. Shoot, I guess I should be more realistic, in Arizona you can bring a gun to college and church and pretty much everywhere, why would they shrink from lowly fireworks, ha.

LLJs, get the bag of all those choices. The bracelet was a no-go if I am remembering correctly. You can get the orchid necklace later. Get the bag.

Or get something ENTIRELY DIFFERENT! Mix it up, LLJs!!! Come on, lots of cool stuff to be had out there :bigsmile: Don't limit yourself!

Callie, how did your pupster do on the 4th, were your neighbors setting off firecrackers?

Junie, beach house time, you deserve a good long exposure to the waves, I hope you have an amazing time! Does Zoe go with? You could tuck here into a small purse, she's like a pocket kitty!!!!

Marcy, glad to hear Marty is a good traveler, I hope you have some fun things to keep you busy set up and ready to go.

Luv2, thank you for the info, I'm going to order this if I can't find it here. YUM. Love bleu cheese. I knew I was an adult when I started loving blue cheese dressing, when I was a teenager it was WAY TOO MUCH for my terribly small palate :lol: Same with onions. Used to hate 'em but I like Bermuda onions now.

Missy, great pic, looked like a lovely day for a parade by the seaside :appl:

Ovi, anyone heard from Ovi or is she still on holiday? I'll shoot her an email....

Jimmianne, love both those rings, the birdie ring is unique and pretty, where did you find it? Did you say? I missed it! The Caysie ring, is that from Grace's website? Are they in partnership for those bands? I hear ya re the cost. I track the price of gold on the commodities exchange so I know what that's going to cost them, I know what melee costs, so sometimes its a LARGE HUMP INDEED to get over for prices that I would consider a MUGGING. I don't mind paying up, I just don't care for a mugging :roll:

Groovy has not yet been to get sized. Its super hot here now and its really hard to get up the oomph to drive to Scottsdale to the jeweler, plus if I wait until fall and the weather cools off I'll get a more reliable sizing (hands swell with heat here). I'll definitely have her sized by Miami or how else will you guys be able to FIND ME??????

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls, I really love you all so much for giving me honest opinions. What you all said is true, and remember my own comments. However, when I was really honest with myself I admitted that the LOVE cuff is the one piece I cannot forget or let go of. I hope I can trust my heart because... Is all I will say for now.

I didn't get the LV bag but I did get a gorgeous LV scarf. I walked away and did not regret not getting the bag. Which tells me I really did make the right decision. I love the scarf and see myself using it all the time too. :). And it's my first LV scarf. Amazing that all these years and it's my first one!!

So much to tell you guys soon!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, If you have tried the cuff on and like it that's a perfect way to go. I didn't like the cuff on me. If I did i would have bought that a long time ago.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Junebug, hurry up beach time, huh? Marty will get back home Thursday evening so it seems like it will take him longer to get there and back than the time he actually is there working.

LLJsmom, I was going to say buy what you want the most but it sounds like you already made your choice. Your scarf sounds fabulous.

Missy, I know what you mean about watching fireworks. I used to photograph them and seemed to enjoy them more then. It’s not like you see anything new, right? Our town has a big rodeo that lasts 10 days and I hate it. They have 4 parades, rodeos every day, night shows and you can’t go anywhere because the town’s popular swells like crazy. So yes, I know exactly what you mean about the inconvenience of these big events. Ocean Grove is pretty.

Jimmianne, the vintage cycling pictures look great. Everyone is having fun!

Callie, Marty has the same problem with American holidays; his boss is in the UK so he often has to talk to his boss. The new iPods are so tiny. I have a pink 4 g one and it’s certainly out of date. Too funny Jeff named the teddy bear. I am quite curious now. Marty has been using some over the counter sleeping pills so hopefully he won’t be completely wiped out when he gets home. He is playing golf bright and early on Friday so we’ll see how that goes.

Kristie, I am glad the neighbors didn’t light off their fireworks at midnight. I wish we were down there visiting; I’d go to the jeweler in Scottsdale with you. My ring size changes in the summer too.

We have chilly, rainy weather. Boo. My sinuses are blathering at me.

I cooked a little steak, oven potatoes and salad for supper. I will probably get window food tomorrow since that means no dishes.

I did have an interesting email from one of our credit card companies this morning for a fraud alert. Someone was trying to charge something to our credit card. I wasn't about to reply to the email so I called them and found it was a fraudulent charge. They closed the account and will issue me a new card. Holy crap! I need to go check everything else out tonight

Have a great evening.

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs!

Marcy, ugh! Glad you called them and canceled your card and they are reissuing you another. That has happened to us a number of times in the last decade or so and it is never fun. American Express is great about it and they find fraudulent activity usually before we do and contact us so yay for the CC companies being on top of these things. It is amazing how many new schemes criminals come up with and I think if they put just half that energy into actually earning an honest living they would do OK. Oh well. :wall:

Glad Marty is going to be home soon woohoo! 2 more days! You are right. It seems he was traveling longer than working this time haha. Turns out Greg is going to go into the office probably tomorrow via ferry and I am thinking of taking the ferry in to the city with him and doing some shopping and then meeting him to go back to the beach. Might be a nice little day trip if the weather is not too bad. It can get rough on the ferry when it storms here but it's sort of romantic too. I'm crazy I know lol.

Hope your weather gets a bit warmer and sunnier Marcy and have a good day at work today.

LLJsmom, Glad you got what you really wanted and at a great deal too! :appl: Please share pics when you can and please also come back with the details and what else you have up your sleeve. :naughty: Love getting bling at a deal! And yay for the LV scarf. Sounds beautiful and a perfect purchase. Easy and classic to wear and you will get lots of enjoyment out of that I am sure. Would love to see pics of the scarf to if you feel like sharing.

Kristie, I am so happy for you and the fur babies that your neighbors behaved this year. I hate fireworks too and it took Francesca especially an extra day to get back to herself. I was worried but now she seems fine.

How did Bob's appointment go yesterday? Thinking of you both and hoping it went well.

I chatted with Ovi briefly last week and she has a lot going on but all is well. She said she would come here soon and say hey but dropping her an email when you have the time sounds like a good idea.

Jimmianne, thank you for those delightful pics. Looks like a blast and so civilized too. Sometimes (only sometimes mind you lol) I wish I lived in a different era when people dressed with more thought and care and were more polite to each other. Of course that might just be a fantasy and that might never have been the way people actually were but in movies it seems as if people were more civilized in the 40s/50s/60s. We watched All About Eve the other night. I loved Anne Baxter in that movie and of course Bette Davis. Love her. Greg doesn't like Bette Davis for whatever reason but he enjoyed the movie. Can you believe that was the first time he ever saw All About Eve? Thank goodness he has me to introduce him to the finer things in life hehe. Nothing beats a great classic movie or book IMO.

Callie, are the landscapers coming today? It's Tuesday and I hope your weather is cooperating. I am sorry Jeff spent much of the friday before the holiday working but glad he was home at least. It never seems as bad if Greg can work from home vs going into the office. Unfortunately the culture where he works is to go in as many days as you can vs where he used to work.

I love 70s music and I am glad you were able to help those girls out Callie. I don't even have an iPod and never did but my iPad is amazing and we have it set up to play through my speakers in both exercise rooms (here and at the Brooklyn home) so I have all my favorite tunes with me wherever I am working out. We use tidal. The monthly fee is not as cheap as other music apps but Greg likes the sound quality and selection the best with Tidal vs what we used to have which was Rhapsody.

Yesterday we had a good bike ride and guess who we visited? The ducklings and goslings of course and turns out there is a new batch of ducklings! And the ducklings I had photographed in this thread pages back are getting big! Here are some pics of the new ducklings and the older ducklings. See how less yellow their hair is compared to the new ducklings and see how big they have grown. Oh they are so sweet. :love: :love: :love:
Pics are a bit fuzzy sorry!

We enjoyed a lovely dinner outside as the weather was perfect and Greg made some delicious wild cod for us to enjoy. It was a perfect day even with him working for a few hours at home.
Today the chance of rain begins lasting at least through Friday but we are going to try riding this AM and hope to remain dry. The temps are climbing as is the humidity so we will see how it goes. I am much less heat tolerant than days of past and will take it easy not to overdo.

Have a good morning girls and perhaps I will see you later. :wavey:

closeupofolderducklingsseehowtheyhavegrown.jpg

ducklinggrowingup.jpg

newducklingsjuly62015.jpg

oldandnewducklingstogethersweet.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some more pics. Sorry for the overload of duckling pics but they are so sweet I cannot resist sharing these with my NIRDIs. I hope you enjoy them!

Today is my 1 year surgerysary. :appl: So glad the year is past me and I am moving forward. Thanking all you girls for helping me through. And sending big (((HUGS))) to each and every one of you!!!

picturesqueoceangrovewithducklingsbypond.jpg

onebighappyfamilyducklingsoldandnew.jpg

oceangrovenewducklingsandolderducklings.jpg

oldandnewducklingstogetherawwsosweet.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, bring on the duckies! I love their cuteness so much.

Thank Greg for his vintage clothing question. At the time I thought it was so unfortunate that while some people dressed in romantic retro street clothes, too many others wore traditional tight bike clothes. I did not understand that their attire was just as vintage - and after Greg's question I looked more careful at the photos from the event, then online to discover that you can still buy "retro" cycling clothing.

The idea of riding the ferry IS romantic. It sounds wonderful. Hope it's smooth sailing and the shopping is fun & fruitful!.

LLJsmom - can't wait to see your scarf!! I have always wanted one and will be curious to see which one you picked out.

More later - off to the dentist several towns over [the rural life - where everything is somewhere else!] then to bunny sit.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Duckies, loved all the pics, can't have too many of those so post away!!!!

Jimmianne, at least you get to stay in the same state!!! When I lived in Anchorage and Juneau it meant trips to Seattle to get lots of medical needs taken care of :roll: (Juneau had a very basic medical community and Anchorage had 1 of pretty much everything but 1 is not workable for someone like me who wants a second opinion and some options).

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, nice pic of Ocean Grove! I love seeing pics of the Jersey shore, I haven't been there in a while.

Taking the ferry with Greg sounds like a great idea! A day spent shopping in the city sounds like fun. Ugh, what is up with this weather? I hope you can get some cycling in. Looks like this weekend should be nice though.

Love the pics of the ducklings!! :love: SO cute!

LLJsmom, glad you came to a decision you're comfortable with! Sometimes it just takes a while to figure out what we really want. Sounds like there's a Love cuff bracelet in your future! Looking forward to seeing pics.

Marcy, I'm glad Marty won't be gone very long. I hope work is going ok for you so far this week. I'm glad the credit card company caught the fraudulent activity right away, that has happened to us too and it's pretty scary.

Kristie, I would love to take Zoe with me but I don't think she'd handle the plane rides that well so I think she's better off just staying put. I'll miss her though!

Calliecake, that is so cute that your dh bought Marcy a bear - Your husband is as thoughtful and kind as you are! And it's so nice your husband wants to take the fur baby on vacation. Do you have any specific plans for vacation this summer?

Hope you're all having a good afternoon!

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
I've been out of PS for a while but I've wondered how you've been Missy!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls, I'm sorry I haven't gone through all your posts. I've just been posting about shopping stuff.

Here is the scarf I got. There was one other scarf that was a showstopper, so bold and just a work of art. But it was beyond what I could afford after all I had spent. I'll post another with it on later. But, if I haven't told you about the pricing, the US price is $485 not including 8.75% sales tax. In euros, including VAT, it was 330 euro. That does not take into account the VAT refund. I cannot get over the price difference of buying LV in France. The trip would pay for itself.
http://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/lvrtual-flowers-square-010189

It's funny reading my posts about how I agonized over spending the money on a love. Once I got it, I felt at peace and all the worries melted away. It was like when I had my stone reset with Victor. What took me so long?! The store was so nice. Remember I was thought I was locked into a white gold one b/c it matched my ering? They were so nice to let me try on a 2.5 carat solitaire to see how it went with the rose gold. I am happy to say that I actually feel good about mixing my metals on this hand. I have to say I was not impressed with the solitaire though. Lucky for me I wasn't buying an ering there. I can see they chose a stone with a nice spread, cause it looked big, but truly lacked sparkle. I have to give it to Tiffany, as far as ering rocks go. Among all the big dogs, Cartier, Graff, DeBeers, Tiffany stones look the most sparkly in all their professional, mesmerizing store lighting.

So I am planning to wear it on my left arm, and it is very subtle, almost neutral looking on my skin. I tried on the white gold with one diamond, and it looked great, stunning with my ring, but gotta say, a little too "much" for a Cartier newbie like me. It just seemed to scream "LOOK AT ME!! I'M WEARING CARTIER!" Maybe I need to ease into the LOVE cult with something a little less BAM. My mom really liked the white gold with one diamond b/c it was rhodium plated. She was a big NO NO to the white gold, no diamond, b/c no rhodium plating and she could totally tell the difference.

So in the end, I went with my heart, and so far, it feels right. Callie, I get you, and now that I've crossed over to the dark side, all I can say is, "Callie, join me on the dark side. It is your DESTINY..." In case you're not an insane Star Wars fan, see the last 15 minutes of Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. ;-)

Missy, I think it is significant that the ducky family is healthy and thriving on this your one year anniversary.

Hi everyone, and thank you so much for your thoughts and wishes. I do SOOOO wish you all were here.

Ok, have to schedule VCA into the remaining two days!! :) Updates soon! (((hugs)))

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1436287195|3899901 said:
Duckies, loved all the pics, can't have too many of those so post away!!!!

Jimmianne, at least you get to stay in the same state!!! When I lived in Anchorage and Juneau it meant trips to Seattle to get lots of medical needs taken care of :roll: (Juneau had a very basic medical community and Anchorage had 1 of pretty much everything but 1 is not workable for someone like me who wants a second opinion and some options).

thanks, AZ. I'll keep that in mind lol - it really puts things in perspective!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas said:

Kelinas!!! How are you? I have missed you and so glad you dropped by to say hello. Biggest hugs to you! I hope life is good for you and that you are doing well. Thank you for checking in with me. I am good. (((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Greg is off to the city via ferry and I am left behind because as things tend to go our downstairs A/C broke last night. Yup that's right. 85 degrees inside sigh. I noticed that it wasn't working right at 4:55 PM and lucky about that because the HVAC guys we use close at 5PM so we were able to get them on the phone and get a 9/9:30 AM appointment this morning. Which means I had to stay behind today. :blackeye: Interesting the way these things go because around 9PM last night it started working again. WTH. BUT I am still waiting for Jimmy to come this morning because obviously something is not right and as you girls may or may not remember A/C is one of my most favorite inventions ever and I do not want to have to suffer the heat without it so hoping Jimmy figures out what is wrong. Just because it started working again a few hours after I noticed it wasn't doesn't mean it is OK. Something has to be amiss right? Just hope I am not waiting in vain. LOVE that song. Anybody else love that song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj5CCOzJ7nk

So is it bad I am already bored? LOL. :cheeky: :knockout: :rolleyes:

Callie, did your landscapers come yesterday? How did it go?

Kristie, how high did your outdoor temperature go yesterday and what is the estimated high today? Sometimes I wonder if 100 degrees of dry heat is as oppressive as 85 here with those high humidities we have. All I know is I am hot much of the time these days. Oh the wonders of menopause. But it is nice not getting our periods anymore I am not going to lie. I don't miss that at all. :appl:

Still thinking about that area in California and I mentioned it to Greg and he is open to exploring that possibility so woohoo. But remember without the NIRDIs I wouldn't consider it. Too far from everything unless you girls consider coming with. :pray: :appl:

LLJsmom, YAY for getting exactly what you want and feel at peace and thrilled with your choice! So happy and excited for you. :appl: We need pics when you have it in (on) hand. :love:

Thanks for that thought about the ducklings thriving the one year anniversary of the accident and surgery. I like that thought LLJsmom, thank you!

Junie, we have been very fortunate in that we have been cycling every day since we got here last Friday. Today no because Greg is off to work and not sure about tomorrow as the weather forecast looks very thunderstormy and not nice but I am still pleased with all the cycling we have done. And I am holding my breath for Saturday as that is the rescheduled family GTG. I don't want to jinx it so not saying anything yet and just hoping it is a nice day. :shhh:

This is the weekend you are going to your new house right? Or at least getting away and getting things ready for the move. Hoping everything goes smoothly and that you enjoy it all! So glad you are getting away even if you will be doing a lot it will be good to get away from your every day life. (((Hugs))) for a good trip!

Jimmianne, how did the dentist appointment go yesterday? How was bunny sitting? What are your plans today?

Hey there Marcy, hope yesterday went well at work and hope you have a lovely day today.

See you girls later. I am home all day. No car so I really am home all day. The joys of living in the suburbs. LOL. It feels so Orange is the new black except I am wearing blue today. Have a good day! :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, Missy, good to have it checked out anyway, even if it's working right now. There are a lot of hot days before Fall.

The dentist's receptionist made an error and I did not have the appt. written on the card she gave me - so I turned lemons into lemonade and went to the big mall instead. I am PATHETIC. I hardly got anything...2 espresso cups, demitasse spoons and 2 drawer knobs from Anthropologie. I'm going to paint my TV console light grey and put bone & brass knobs on it.
Sur la Table tried to sell me an espresso machine, but I wanted to research online first. The manager DID make me a lovely cup of
brew : ). The machine she recommended was the Nespresso with pods. It sounded convenient, but a little too modern.

You can't be bored...you have us!

LLJsmom - so much looking forward to your reports! Did I say this already...you picked a beautiful scarf. It's lively and fresh. I've become a scarf fanatic in the past month & Your scarf made me get online to look at scarves. I also like Hermes, but everytime I see one I want it costs a million dollars [more or less : ) ]

June, I haven't said hi in such a long time. It's exciting that you are having a new house to think about and I'd love to hear more about what you are doing. Are you in moving mode only? or planning some decorating too?

During the construction last year the men enclosed the kitchen yard for the dogs. Now the grass has to be string trimmed or the fence taken down to get a mower in, but then I remembered I already had a couple of little mowers that could fit through the narrow gate.
p1140842.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww I love your horses Jimmianne! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmy is here and cannot figure it out. ;( OMG.

Sometimes it feels like almost nothing works right. :doh: Cable tv, internet, A/C, and the list goes on and on and on...One day everything will all be working at the same time. When hell freezes over that is. LOL.

He is still here trying to figure it out and we need collective PS dust to help him fix our system. :pray:

Meanwhile he set it to 74 when he got here (it was on 80 downstairs) and it is still indoor temp reading of 80 so something is not right. He has been here for over 20 minutes now. C'mon Jimmy you can figure this out. :pray:

Haha I just realized Jimmianne's name is so close to the Jimmy name. That has to be good luck right?

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
missy|1436358270|3900291 said:
Kelinas said:

Kelinas!!! How are you? I have missed you and so glad you dropped by to say hello. Biggest hugs to you! I hope life is good for you and that you are doing well. Thank you for checking in with me. I am good. (((HUGS))).
I just saw that you had your 1 year surgaversary! Wow, it's already been a year? I'm glad to hear that you're doing well.
How are your darling kitties?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls, I only havea few minutes and willost more later today.

Missy, No landscapers yet. Hopefully tomorrow!

LLJsmom, You are killing me. Everytime i was about to purchase the Love I stopped because you had the exact same feelings. I love the Rose Gold and feel it looks the softest and prettiest. Now you have me thinking about this all over again!!!! I also love how they look when you wear two or three of them together. I'm so happy for you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas|1436368144|3900364 said:
missy|1436358270|3900291 said:
Kelinas said:

I just saw that you had your 1 year surgaversary! Wow, it's already been a year? I'm glad to hear that you're doing well.
How are your darling kitties?

The kitties are ever so sweet when they want to be that is LOL. Can we say Cattitude? They have that down no problem. :bigsmile:

How is your sweet Remington doing? Also how is your dear pup? I hope all is well with your furbabies and also with you. I cannot believe how fast time goes. A whole year plus yet in some ways it feels like it just happened. Glad this past year is over though and hoping for lots of good things happening for all of us with health and happiness all the way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results