shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi girls, yaaay I finally write something here!

So, as some of you know I have had some serious bumps down the road lately and lots of work at home too working on my private life and looking at different directions and options but for weeks it was very tough trying to solve a serious situation and some of you also know I got somewhat involved with my ex fiancee and that was an additional emotion turmoil realizing he is not a person I can like despite my past history with him. He has no ethics and I do not share that. I should have known that but because there was no closure I had to do this even if it is like pulling a bad tooth out, for three days it was like walking through hell on top of everything else but I am trying to think positively about which directions I want to head in and maybe leave men out for a short time at least, then I always feel my head is clearer until I am ready to and person meet a nice person. I will not say many things here about what has been happening but many of you already know.

Yes I missed you all a lot, this thread and those that I do not talk to privately. I still read PS when I have time at work but there I do not sign in, only read general threads so I cannot write.

I will try to read back as far as I can this weekend.

This morning I got terribly sick, I think that not being able to sleep and all the stress finally took a toll on me. It started with throatache two days ago and ended up in horrid stomach virus and of course on a day when I had to go to work as I was going to be alone. That was not easy. I had my driver come and bring me lots of medicine and then wait to catch my carpool but we still had to stop a few times. Miraculously I did not pass out at work.:))) I have to promise myself to take it easy and try to sleep, even if in the afternoon as my body must somehow relearn how to relax, rest and get its energy back and have to do things for my soul too perhaps by talking to you my friends and reading PS, etc.

I need new ideas on how to divert my attention, I did listen to music for a while but it became hard too, too emotional, I am looking for ways of getting my brain shut off and helping my heart heal. It all takes time I know.

I have to say I love your earrings Missy, was I so bad that I missed your birthday? They look beautiful on you and you are gorgeous as always.

Tomorrow will write everyone more.

Hugs to all of you my NIRDI Girlfriends!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls!

Kristie, I keep checking to see if Bubbles has arrived. It's after 12:00 pm your time. Where the heck is that Fed Ex driver! Doesn't he know we are waiting to greet Bubbles!

Missy, I can't believe what they told your patients at the clinic. How disappointing. I'm also beginning to wonder if this was not done intentionally to ensure appointments would be booked with the other doctor. If that is the case that Is extremely underhanded and sneaky. I'm sure you will hear much more in the coming weeks about what transpired while you were gone. The weather is still cold here too. It has also been extremely windy. I don't think it will be getting nicer until sometime next week. If you go riding thankfully you have your heated vest. Greg truly is a gem! Although I'm sure I don't have to tell you that.

Jimmianne, I can't believe you have stayed places with no locks on the doors. I would be out if there so fast it would make your head spin. I gave a hard enough time sleeping in hotels with multiple locks. When I used to travel for my job I slept with mace under my pillow. It was a very sad day when they took it away from me at the Cleveland airport. It was before 9/11 and the security people noticed it in my purse. Then the buttons on my blazer and dress kept sounding the alarms off. After they figured out the buttons were not a security threat they had a long talk with me regarding the mace. I had traveled all over with the mace in my purse for months without anyone saying anything. I was so disappointed they would not let me take it on the plane. I was traveling with my boss and he was laughing so hard. Whenever we traveled together after that he always teased me and asked to look in my purse for weapons.

Marcy, I hope your having a wonderful time on your vacation. I have to admit I miss hearing what you are making for dinner.

Junebug, I have to agree with you about the size. I'm thinking we are both pretty similar about needing finger coverage. If you are having doubts you will be happy with the size I would definitely pass. You keep mentioning yellow diamonds. I just wonder if you will be happy with something else. Sometimes I think the hardest part is finding the piece that will keep you happy for a long time. Would you like to see my drawer of mistakes :blackeye:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bubbles is at long last home!

Some surprises: She fits my left AND right ring fingers (let's hear it for the narrow bands, LOL). She looks GREAT with my old wedding band (I think she does, do you guys think so?)

I apologize ahead of time for all the pics. Bob is not home from work so I had to go 1-handed with my Kindle fire; THEN the clouds came around and all my pretty sunshine was gone---took some shots inside to share.

7.49 ct, concave cushion cut, 11 mm, true Fanta color. Has expected bubbles (sugar) inclusions. Band is 3 mm wide. 14 kt white gold/rhodium plating. Bought in 2010 from Andrew Gulij/GemFix.

Okay, ROLL 'EM!!!!

img_20150423_133703_hdr_kindlephoto-3323080.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Little less direct sun.

img_20150423_133814_hdr.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously, I loved the stone before it was set and now I LOVE THE RING! I can't help myself from posting pics!

img_20150423_134143_hdr.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nutz I know. With my old wedding band.

img_20150423_140016_hdr.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indoors with band

img_20150423_140800_hdr_kindlephoto-4747695.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie! I LOVE Bubbles and her amazing setting. She's amazing. :love: :love: :love:
An orange ball of fire. Brighter than the sun and hotter than any PS jewel before her. GORGEOUS. :love: :love: :love:
I am so glad you love her and are thrilled with how she turned out. :appl:

She looks great with your band and how exciting that she fits on both hands. :dance:

Bubbles is, as I said before, Da Bomb. :love: :love: :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1429824791|3866728 said:
Seriously, I loved the stone before it was set and now I LOVE THE RING! I can't help myself from posting pics!

Bubblilcious! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Kristie, Bubbles is absolutely gorgeous and looks fabulous in the setting!!! She looks downright delicious! :love: And 11 mm, you know that's right up my alley! :naughty: The ring looks perfect with the band too :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and I have to add your pictures are great Kristie. Really great!

Sharon, that's perfect. Bubbles is Bubblicious!

And Junebug, she is also very delicious! And you're right. At 11 mm no one's gonna be feeling deprived. :cheeky:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, why are we all thinking of chewing gum right about now? Heheheheheh, "Bubbilicious!"

Thank you for the wonderful feedback on Bubbles :bigsmile:

Bob says this about Bubbles and her setting: "It's been a long and whiney road!" :twirl:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, 11 mm is NIIIIICE, I highly recommend it!

We just have to find you the right 11 mm stone, that's all.

Are we focusing on yellow for you?

Or is it a diamond hunt at this time?

Yellow sapphire is an amazing stone, Junebug....An estate piece would mean an excellent deal...(I saw one at Park Place, its a round cut.)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AZ! OMG!!!
Bubbles is amazing!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1429831164|3866785 said:
AZ! OMG!!!
Bubbles is amazing!!!

I think Bubbles and Joy would make a STUPENDOUS bypass ring!!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL yes. Great idea!

Bubbles did not make me think of chewing gum, but theft :naughty:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1429831588|3866795 said:
LOL yes. Great idea!

I think Puff is a NAUGHTY influence on you, Jimmianne! You should spend more time with those sweet mini horses :saint:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1429831670|3866797 said:
LOL yes. Great idea!

I think Puff is a NAUGHTY influence on you, Jimmianne! You should spend more time with those sweet mini horses :saint:

We can discuss this in NYC. Bring Bubbles :devil:

Meanwhile~~~any chance of more photos???

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1429831670|3866797 said:
LOL yes. Great idea!

First of all I LOL'd reading this. Hard. Jimmianne you are evil. But in the best possible way. :naughty:

Second of all, Jimmianne, I agree with Kristie. You need to spend more time with your sweet horses and you can give me Puff and we'll call it a day and no one gets hurt. :halo: :appl:

Third of all, OMG your trip sounded so amazing! And those birds. Ooh I am in love with them. Thank you for sharing pics of them and I am so glad you had a great time!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the FABULOUS Mrs Box that Jimmianne treated me to recently for winning the NIRDI "Most Likely To Buy Something Right Now Dammit!"

img_20150423_163056_hdr_kindlephoto-6562353.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I clearly need Puff to come to MY HOUSE to organize my jewels and get these Westies in line for a change!!

img_20150423_163214_hdr.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1429832520|3866810 said:
Here is the FABULOUS Mrs Box that Jimmianne treated me to recently for winning the NIRDI "Most Likely To Buy Something Right Now Dammit!"

A winning color combo if I ever saw one. I love hot pink and orange together. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JUNEBUG! I hope you are around. I know nothing about emeralds but this ring is pretty! Check it out. 2 hours left on auction. And it is a nice size! The emerald is included as I know natural emeralds are. Here is the description.
"18K white gold Large ring. Centered with a magnificent large Oval/round cut Green emerald (with natural inclusions and minor cedar oil treatment) approx: 19.20cttw, surrounded by 24 sparkling round cut diamonds approx: 1.20cttw, H-I color, VS1-VS2 clarity, all prong set. "

It's 22mm by 24mm...large enough? :bigsmile: Seriously though it is within your price range (well within right now) and perhaps it is something you would love? Again since I know nothing about colored gemstones I am leaving you to Kristie and her colored gemstone expertise.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Estate-Diamond-20-40ct-Green-Emerald-18K-White-Gold-Cocktail-Ring-13-4-Grams-NR-/121625097291?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c516bb44b

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd buy that---good price.

Fantastic presence/finger coverage, good green hue, icy diamonds too! Go get it, Junebug!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie,

OMG....Bubbles is gorgeous!!! Every time I look at here I hear that "Happy" song in my head. She was definitely worth the wait.

Jimmianne and Kristie, I'm signing up for Puff's "How To Become A Jewel Thief" seminar. You two better look out at our get together!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buy me a martini or 4 and you won't need Puff!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1429750545|3866160 said:
Marcy, I'm so happy you are enjoying your vacation. It sounds like the four of you had a wonderful time yesterday. Kristie's cake sounded delicious! I know Kristie was really looking forward to your visit. I'm so glad you were able to spend the afternoon together. Missy and I were pretty jealous that we were not there with you! Your new purse spunds beautiful! How are you enjoying the warm weather. My husband saw snow flurries on his way to work this morning. Even the furbaby didn't want to go outside today.

Missy, How was your day at work today? Has any mention been made about you getting your patients back? I was hoping the adminstrator would have stepped in fixed things but I also know that may end up taking some time. Do you have any plans for biking this weekend? It has been so cold here the past few days. There are frost warnings for tonight with temperatures expect to be around 30.

Junebug, So what have you been thinking in regards to your diamond ring? If you aren't absolutely sure just take your time. There have been times I waited and the pay off was always good. Eventually something always jumps out at you that you can't pass up if you take your time. At least it has always worked that way for me.

Kristie, What have you been up to this afternoon? Anything exciting?

Jimmianne, I hope you are having a great time on your trip and the weather has been cooperating. I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

Callie, I was really looking forward to meeting Kristie too. It's kind of funny I felt like I was going for a job interview - I hope they like me. I think it would have been fabulous for the rest of the NIRDIs to be there too. I can make a big batch of cookies for all of us. Snow flurries there? Oh no. I know that's waiting for me in a few days. You are wise to wait for the piece of jewelry that really jumps out at you. They are usually going to be keepers.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1429783372|3866305 said:
Good morning girls!

Today is Bubbles day!!! We cannot wait for you to get your darling Bubbles back in her new and lovely setting Kristie! Woohoo!!!

Callie, it has turned cold and windy here today and for the next few days. My fingers are crossed for a milder and less windy weekend so we can go cycling. :pray:

Work was slow and today's schedule doesn't look better. I am just biding my time and hoping things will improve. I really have no clue what to expect at this point and I have already done what I can. I had a patient tell me yesterday they told him (at his residence) I wasn't returning to work. Sigh. I love the way misinformation gets around. Many of my patients also thought I was in a car accident. ::)

How was your day yesterday? Any plans for today?

Marcy, I won't lie. I am looking forward to those death cookies one day lol. They sound as if they are worth every calorie! And how nice of you to share Kristie's delicious Kahlua cake with your SIL. And doing your own laundry and emptying and filling the dishwasher...You sound like the perfect house guest! Glad you are enjoying vacation and yes it is way better than work. :appl:

And if I get that money tree you can bet all the NIRDIs will be receiving plantings of it. :appl:

Jimmianne, cannot wait to hear how your time away went. Hope you had a great vacation and looking forward to seeing you soon!

Junebug, hey there. Hope you are having a good week!

And Orsi, thinking of you as always and sending good thoughts your way.

Missy, I hope it gets nice enough there to cycle this weekend. I try to make my cookies without calories. :lol: I can't believe some of your patients think you were in a car wreck. I hope things get worked out with time. I know I like the guy I see so well I always definitely ask for him when I make my appointment. Are you enjoying your new earrings? They are so pretty.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1429790968|3866352 said:
Good morning!
The bird sanctuary was fabulous. Simply enchanting. If I tried to explain, my post would go on for pages. I could have stayed for a week.
The birds are free in large natural areas with netting over them that you can walk around in.
The town itself is in the middle of nowhere and there is nothing - no cell phone service, just one motel, and only one good place to eat.
The first night I was the only person in the motel with no phone service. I was very happy to see my friends when they arrived the next day : )

The friend who suggested this trip also suggested our last trip - a 1950's boarding house on Pawley's Island, SC. Again, fabulous. No electronics permitted, you can go barefoot to dinner, no pool, no AC, NO LOCKS ON THE DOORS [and you have to sleep with your door open to get the breeze, and one shower per floor]. Just three wonderful meals a day, a library, the beach and the sea breeze. It's expensive and you have to book far ahead to get in - which makes me smile because the lack of amenities would suggest otherwise.

These trips are so calming.

So, a few photos and then I'll see what I've missed. Something about cookies of death and Greg's guacamole...and Bubbles! p1140524.jpg p1140574.jpg p1140498.jpg

Jimmianne, I am delighted your trip was so relaxing. You pictures are fabulous.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results