carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1429356462|3864012 said:
Haha :lol: Jimmianne! I forgot to say I saw a beautiful wild bunny in our front yard yesterday after we got here. So sweet! Eating all our pretty grass that just came up after winter lol. It's worth it though. Now Mr. (or is it Ms.?) Bunny is getting all their nutrition after a long hard winter. :sun:

So you are saying the KBs have migrated to the NE?!?!?!
evil_bunny.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1429357188|3864017 said:
missy|1429356462|3864012 said:
Haha :lol: Jimmianne! I forgot to say I saw a beautiful wild bunny in our front yard yesterday after we got here. So sweet! Eating all our pretty grass that just came up after winter lol. It's worth it though. Now Mr. (or is it Ms.?) Bunny is getting all their nutrition after a long hard winter. :sun:

So you are saying the KBs have migrated to the NE?!?!?!
evil_bunny.jpg

weareloversnotkillerslol.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
t-t-they d-d-don't look too scary.
It is OK to come out of my shoe now?

images_26.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1429358103|3864022 said:

images_26.jpg

awww, c'mon out. Princess Francesca will protect all of us.

ETA: On second thought we will have Tommy the fierce mocha leopard protect us.

cmonandgetmeidareyou.jpg

tommythefiercemochaleopard.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1429358952|3864025 said:
Jimmianne|1429358103|3864022 said:

images_26.jpg

awww, c'mon out. Princess Francesca will protect all of us.

ETA: On second thought we will have Tommy the fierce mocha leopard protect us.

And Zoe can assist! I'm sure she'll be a big help :cheeky:

img_7660.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Callie, I hope you had a nice time at dinner. I am sure I’ll have a nice vacation; I won’t be working and will get to see Kristie. I chuckled at your husband having no idea how long it takes to make something for dinner. I always thought those Rice Krispy treats commercials were funny. Is your weather still nice? It looks like Nebraska is getting pounded with thunderstorms today.

Missy, your weather sounds about perfect there. Especially since you are at the beach house. You and Callie are certainly welcome to join us for lunch. The guys may not like all the giggling and talking but I’m sure they’d be fine. If you called me at 4:15 in the morning I’d think it was work and probably not good news. Marty always says the bunnies in the yard are the militia.

Jimmianne, I love the idea for rabbit repellent. I should try it. The bunny with the Evil saying is fabulous.

Jimmianne, Missy and Junebug, your pictures all made me laugh. Your furbabies are so cute!

We got up about 7. I brewed up pancakes and bacon. We had homemade soup for lunch. The snow is melting like crazy so there are rivers everywhere around town. We just go finished packing. I don’t really have a lot of warm weather clothes because I live in Wyoming and I’m always cold. Marty says we may be out buying me new clothes. Darn.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The dirt pile behind our house looks like snowy mountains. The clouds are building up over Nebraska.

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1429402212.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy,

I like those clouds behind your house. Very dramatic!

Pancakes and bacon? aw - you are killing me. I want some Right Now!
Sorry to hear that you might have to buy new clothes. Try to keep an upbeat attitude about it lol

Long day here trying to spiff up the place for pet sitters coming on Monday. I even washed horses. One thing about vacations - even if they are very short, it's a great way to get organized! Glad you are traveling too! Happy Trails.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, yep, sounds like a little clothes shopping is in order! :dance: Dare I say the weather here on the East coast was almost hot today? And I loved it! But when I went to get something to wear, I realized my warm weather stuff is looking a little ratty, so I think I need to do a little shopping myself soon. I'm excited you're going on vacation marcy, you've been working like crazy and you deserve it!

That Wyoming sky is beautiful!

Jimmianne, I didn't know you were going away too, that's great!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug,
I'm having a lapse - where on the East Coast are you?
I know - after yesterday I can feel that hot weather closing in. My peonies are blooming a month early! with underdeveloped leaves.

I'm only going away Mon-Wed to the bird sanctuary in Scotland Neck, NC with artist friends.

[Missy, The house sitter is the person who found Puff in a tree outside his house, so I trust him to take good care of your bird : ) ]
I can't believe I'll be away when your earrings come : (

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Brrr it's colder here today and we had to shut all the windows in the bedroom here because it is freezing. What a difference a day makes!

Junebug, Zoe is the sweetest kitty. That face, that expression, those soulful eyes. Please bring her for a visit. Francesca needs some female kitty company. She only has her 3 brothers to play with and you know boys. They like to roughhouse and all but forget meaningful conversation. :cheeky:

Yes the weather was amazing yesterday and I didn't even need to use my heated vest. Though today is a different story. It is quite chilly with a strong east wind. I am even questioning going cycling which would never have been the case in the past. We would go no matter the wind but with my face issues it gives me pause as the cold temps and wind aggravates my face even with a face mask. I think we will go anyway but it might not be so pleasant today...

We cycled 55 miles yesterday and it was a wonderful day. We stopped at one of our friends houses in Sea Girt and saw their newly redone kitchen. Gorgeous. And had a lovely visit. We stayed longer than expected but it was nice visiting. All in all a lovely day and came home to a clean house. Always good. Though our cleaning crew increased their fees and ouch. I mean am I the only one who thinks $250 is a lot to clean the house? It's not like we didn't keep up with it either as our handyman Julio had his wife clean after he finished painting the house. Sigh. Everything is so expensive because our gardener also showed up yesterday morning and his spring cleanup bill was exorbitant IMO. I am thankful we can afford this but sometimes I wonder if Greg will ever retire. ::)

Did you have a good day yesterday? What are your plans today? I wish I could go clothing shopping with you because it's always nice to get some new things. But I would really love to go jewelry shopping with you and the other NIRDIs...soon enough I hope. :bigsmile:

Marcy, that scene behind your house does look just like snowy mountains haha. Incredible. And I'm with Jimmianne, it's a lovely sky with pretty clouds. I love fluffy innocuous clouds. Stay away rain clouds!

Happy Vacation!!! Ooh you and Marty are going to have so much fun with Kristie and Bob! We cannot wait to hear the details. Enjoy your vacation and enjoy meeting Kristie IRL. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Jimmianne, I didn't realize you were going to be away. Hmm should I wait for the earring reveal for next weekend? I haven't received the earrings yet though they are waiting for me in Brooklyn with the doorman. We will get home tonight and fingers crossed they are as pretty as I hope they are and that they fit my ears just right. Always a leap of faith when buying online as I much prefer to try on in person. It's just lucky I don't live near Grace or Park Place Jewelers or any of the other antique jewelry places I love or I just might need a 12 step program. 8)

Have a great time at the bird sanctuary. That sounds like a fantastic trip and once again I find myself wanting to go meet a NIRDI IRL. First Marcy and Kristie's mini GTG and now you... NIRDI watching the birdie(s). And I'm OK with Puff's babysitter after your explanation but please tell her to take good care of my Puff baby. :kiss:

Orsi, hugs and love to you.
Callie, hope you are having a great weekend.

Enjoy the day NIRDIs! And I will miss you Marcy and Jimmianne. Have a marvelous vacation. (((HUGS))) and have a great day all. :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls

Jimmianne and Marcy, Have a wonderful vacation!!! You will be missed very much here the next few days!!! Yes Marcy, I'm still very jealous you get to meet Kristyie and have lunch !!!!!! How I would love to join the two of you! Jimmianne It's great that you have someone that will come stay with your animals while you are away. With the dog flu being at epidemic levels here I can't even take our baby to doggie daycare. She needs grooming in the worst way but they have been saying to keep your animals always from places where there are other dogs. This past week they announced cats are also catching this flu.

Missy, I'm sorry the cold weather has returned. It has been beautiful here the past few days but next week it will be getting colder again. I want to live someplace where it is warm during the day and very cold at night. I hope you and Greg have a great time biking today and your face doesn't hurt. My husband came home yesterday. The poor guy comes home and I leave to go shopping with my niece. What did you decide about your earrings. Are you going to post them when everyone is back from their trips. I'm stuck at home so you can always email a picture of them. It will be our secret :)

Kristie, Enjoy your time with Marcy this week. Have you backed away from the jewelry sites or do you have more pretties to show us? When we get together you need to help me find some cool things rings too.... My husband probably won't agree this is a good idea! I'm going shopping today. I found some cute things yesterday while out with my niece that I need to go back and try on.

Junebug, I wished you lived closer too. While our husbands were away we could go shopping for some new spring/summer clothes. I couldn't agree with Missy more. Zoe is beautiful. It's easy to see why you fell in love with this baby.

OV, I hope to hear from you soon. Hopefully all is going well with you.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I'm glad you had at least one amazing weather day this weekend and that you put it to good advantage. I can only imagine how nice that bike ride was!
Please don't wait for the reveal!!! I don't want to get killed by my NIRDI family for any delay. I hope you love, love, love them.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
TO ALL MY BELOVED NIRDI'S!!

I have been gone from this thread, but you ALL have not been forgotten.

As page after page of posts flew by & I fell so hopelessly behind on everything on this thread, I became embarrassed & as a result, did not post. At this point, I avoided the thread entirely--egads. So here I am....finally doing something about it. I am so sorry to all of you!! :pray: :pray:

You guys pulled me through the hard times with your wonderful encouragement, & for that am so very grateful. I think about each & every one of you & hope you all are living life on your terms! :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sarah :wavey:

I'm glad you are back for however long you wish to stay. I have been wondering about you and how you have been feeling. I hope you recovery is going well and your furbabies are also doing well. Hopefully you have been getting some much deserved nicer weather. We have had a few beautiful days lately here in Chicago. I know you are located in Michigan and think you are probably experiencing the same.

Callie

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1429474626|3864541 said:

As page after page of posts flew by & I fell so hopelessly behind on everything on this thread, I became embarrassed & as a result, did not post. At this point, I avoided the thread entirely--egads. So here I am....finally doing something about it. I am so sorry to all of you!! :pray: :pray:

You guys pulled me through the hard times with your wonderful encouragement, & for that am so very grateful. I think about each & every one of you & hope you all are living life on your terms! :wavey:

Sarahb, no kidding if I hadn't seen a post from you on PS by tonight I was gonna put out an APB Sarahb thread!!!! :wavey:

I'm glad you're good! We've missed you and we've missed your awesome doggos! How is your leg? Are you done with PT at this point?

Re being out of the NIRDI loop, just jump in right here where you are, that's the best thing to do. :D

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1429475278|3864543 said:
Hi Sarah :wavey:

I'm glad you are back for however long you wish to stay. I have been wondering about you and how you have been feeling. I hope you recovery is going well and your furbabies are also doing well. Hopefully you have been getting some much deserved nicer weather. We have had a few beautiful days lately here in Chicago. I know you are located in Michigan and think you are probably experiencing the same.

Callie

Hi Callie :wavey: The fur babies are up to their same antics, you know how it goes, different day different stuff. I'll have to see what pics I have to post. Hip has been fine, am on the cane & getting around ok. Working with exercises etc & making progress slowly. We've had such a cool spring, & with the last week or so have had some incredible 'Chamber of Commerce' days, & we understand it is to get cool once again with rain beginning tonight. This winter weather was unreal, wish I could switch it out with my beloved NM weather & we'd be all set. Feb's avg temp here according to the news was 3 degrees, certainly you have had the same there--I'm only 40 min inland from Lake MI, so you bet we share a simile weather pattern!! It is good to re-conect, hope you've been well Callie, I need to go back about 10 or more pages to catch up, thank you for your graciousness! :wavey:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1429477080|3864560 said:

Sarahb, no kidding if I hadn't seen a post from you on PS by tonight I was gonna put out an APB Sarahb thread!!!! :wavey:

I'm glad you're good! We've missed you and we've missed your awesome doggos! How is your leg? Are you done with PT at this point?

Re being out of the NIRDI loop, just jump in right here where you are, that's the best thing to do. :D

Kristie--I have been lurking on PS or the most part, & a few hit & run posts, but would not even look here as I was so embarrassed due to not posting & keeping up with everything. I missed so much: JimmieAnnies diamond ring evolution, & understand Marty is going to Singapore, Missy's job updates, I hope Ovi's situation is easing, & so on & so forth--I will catch up with everyone in time--hope you've been well, altho its been about a month (has it been more?) I guess that I've missed, hope things have been going ok for you--& you are well!! :wavey: :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarah, Please don't be embarrased. We love having you here so just pop in whenever you feel like it. I'm just so glad you are doing well!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sarahb! :wavey:

I read everything here every day and still can't keep up! : )

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know Callie is getting rain :wavey: ...and it has been pouring here ALL DAY. Cozy!

Looking for NIRDI weather reports.
Missy? did you get out on the bike today?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Jimmianne, we did go cycling yesterday. 43 miles so not bad. It was chilly with a brisk east wind but definitely better than a strong head wind. I will take a strong east or west wind any day over a strong south or north wind as we are cycling south and then north on the way home.

I did want to go an extra 2 miles so we could have made it 100 miles total for the weekend (since we did 55 miles Saturday) but truthfully I was in too much pain (female body part still getting used to the saddle again lol) so I was very happy when we reached the beach house and decided going an extra 2 miles was not worth the pain. See I can be sensible at times. :rodent:

We got our first flat of the year on the bike (back tire) on Saturday. Greg has it down to a science though by this juncture in our cycling lives and was able to change it in 10 minutes time which is pretty awesome given that a tandem is more challenging than a regular bike in changing flat tires especially back tires. We had checked both tires before we left as we always do and then at mile 15 we got a flat on the back tire. Turns out there was a piece of glass in it and there is just no way of avoiding all that when riding. We usually don't even have a clue where we picked it up on the road.

The reason we fell in June is we got a flat on the front tire so you can imagine I am hyper about us checking the tires continually. It's just stuff happens because there is a whole lot of crap on the roads where we cycle and glass etc gets into the tires no matter how careful we are.

Weather report today is for heavy rains with windy conditions and cool temps. We are back in Brooklyn and Greg is off to work so I am planning on staying home and doing some chores, cleaning and working out and snuggling with the kitties. They were traumatized from the trip as this is their first beach house trip since my accident the last weekend in June last year and they have to get used to the car trip back and forth all over again. Sweet babies. No one vomited (usually Francesca) so woohoo to that!

I hope you are all ready for your trip and I know you will have a great time. Looking forward to hearing about it and maybe even seeing pics of some of the birds..have fun!!!

Sarah, hi there! So glad you came to say hello and you are always welcome here no matter how long or short a visit it is! We have missed you and I am very glad to hear you are doing so well and life is good and survived the brutally cold winter. Don't ever worry about keeping up with us and what is going on. As the others have said just jump right in, the NIRDI waters are always inviting! :wavey:

Callie, did you have fun shopping with your niece? Did you buy anything for yourself or just for your niece? How did the visit with your SIL go? I am sure Jeff was happy you had a nice visit with your niece and didn't begrudge you going out with her at all. He was probably exhausted from his trip. Glad he is home and back with you!

Kristie, I hope Bubbles makes her appearance today or at least by tomorrow. Fingers crossed. I know you and Marcy are looking forward to meeting each other IRL tomorrow. We are all wishing you a great visit and want to hear all the details when you guys have the time. Have fun!!!!

Marcy, safe travels to you and Marty and enjoy a fabulous vacation! And have fun with Kristie Tuesday!

Junebug, we are getting some heavy rain today so stay warm and dry and I hope you enjoy a quiet day inside. There will be plenty of time for shopping another time. Today is the day for reading a good book, watching an old movie classic and perhaps doing some online shopping. :read:

Ovi, I am glad you had a good weekend and hoping for a good week ahead for you. (((Hugs))).

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn't really leave without visiting our thread : )

Missy - glad it was a back tire. Can Greg invent a puncture-proof tire that will allay your concerns and make him billions???
But you got hurt because the clips didn't release....?
and now you have good clips?
I am wanting to be reassured that you are safe out there.

I'm having a love affair with mrs.blops yellow gold rings : )

speaking of bling - there was no mention of earrings this morning?!

well, I'd better be good and start packing. I'm going to take a leisurely drive over to the coast, arrive a day before my friends and scout out the place. I will take at least one bird photo LOL
Joy's first road trip - and first time out with my friends. I dreamed about Joy last night and also that my puppy, Izzy, said "I love you."
Of course it is PUFF I am trying to teach that to, but it would be much more exciting to have a talking dog.

later! :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, if you can teach Izzy to say I love you then I bet Greg can figure out how to puncture proof our tires lol. We would both make billions. :appl:

Ooh Joy is going on an adventure! I cannot wait to hear how it goes. You are sharing her beauty with so many others now. :love:

The earrings are beautiful and I am going to see if I can get a pic or 2 before you leave. Hope I am not too late. I am a notoriously terrible photo taker so don't expect too much. Here I go. Will be right back.

OK some terrible pics. I am not editing so sorry for my finger being in the way in the 2 earshots lol. Earshots are impossible when one is taking them on oneself haha but I am including the two I attempted even though they sure do not show the earrings in the best possible light. Just to give a sense of proportion and perspective. Grace did not send backs for these and I will not wear them without something because I do not want to lose them so I will have to sort through my collection of earring backs to see what might fit.

And may I just add that it is challenging when every pic I try posting turns up upside down and figuring out how to make it right side up is not as easy as you might think. :think:

Please excuse my messy hair! It is early here still... :oops:

oeccushiondangles.jpg

img_0364.jpg

graceearrings.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate to embarrass you, but you have a beautiful profile!
The earrings are quite substantial looking and I like the contrast between the two shapes.
They look lovely - and you already know how I feel about the diamonds.

thank you SO much for posting right away!
I would love to see these beauties IRL

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1429533350|3864774 said:
I hate to embarrass you, but you have a beautiful profile!
The earrings are quite substantial looking and I like the contrast between the two shapes.
They look lovely - and you already know how I feel about the diamonds.

thank you SO much for posting right away!
I would love to see these beauties IRL

Aww thank you Jimmianne. :oops:
I feel badly for doing such a poor job at showing the way these earrings look IRL. Sorry Grace if you happen to see this!

It is pouring here now and I just took another pic that is sort of cool with the colors. Attempting to add it here.

img_7687.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to pop in real quick to say I love your new earrings missy! :love: :love: :love: My gosh, they look perfect! I love the length, it is perfect IMO. How are you feeling about them?

Ugh, it is pouring here too, and I'm going to my mother's today - I'm hoping the rain slacks off in a bit…will check in with everyone later!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1429535903|3864794 said:
Just wanted to pop in real quick to say I love your new earrings missy! :love: :love: :love: My gosh, they look perfect! I love the length, it is perfect IMO. How are you feeling about them?

Ugh, it is pouring here too, and I'm going to my mother's today - I'm hoping the rain slacks off in a bit…will check in with everyone later!

Thanks Junebug. I love the earrings but will share thoughts as I wear them because I just got them last night and tried them on for pics for you guys this morning. Once I find backs and wear them I will update you. I love how light and comfie they are on my ears and for me that is a big factor.

Please be careful today. I was worried you might be visiting your mother today and I know you are fully capable of driving in this weather and all but is it possible to change your visit to tomorrow? It is supposed to be quite treacherous out there today and in fact Greg has plans with a good friend tonight after work and I am concerned for him as well.

Please drive carefully and don't take any chances. Have a good visit with your mom!
And do check in when you can to let us know you arrived safely. :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Missy, I adore those earrings! Simply elegant! You wear them so well! :love:

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Sharon!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results