color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas|1404791419|3708694 said:
Yay! Glad to hear your surgery went fine and everything "fit!"

Thought about you all day. I really hope they can get your pain under control!

And the visitation rules seem very..
Not normal.

Thank you Kelinas. I really appreciate you keeping me in your thoughts today. (((Hugs))).

Thank you for the pain reduction wishes too. I cannot even imagine how it would feel without all these pain meds. The night nurse (with whom I share a first name-another good sign I think plus she is so nice) is going to discuss my pain with the "pain team" (LOL gotta love that name) tomorrow because I am still experiencing a lot of pain. But it is the first night after surgery and I truthfully am not surprised. I remember right after the accident I was in lots of pain for a few nights before any real relief.

Sorry I was not very clear (drug induced haze) on HSS's visitation rules. These apply only to the recovery area where there are others recovering from their surgical procedures. Hence the limits. I just think they take it to the extreme and are doing it because it is easier for the hospital and not better for us. My opinion only (but being in healthcare for over 25 years gives me a different vantage point) but I bet I am not very far off from my interpretation of these rules.

Regular visiting hours once you are in your room- 11AM to 9PM. Much more civilized to be sure.

Just to show you the emotionally fragile state I was in when I checked in this morning and the very nice personnel were explaining the rules when they got to that one tears started streaming down my face (silent crying perhaps not as bad as bawling but still not a good reason at all to start crying!) :oops: I was embarrassed but the woman was lovely and very compassionate and it was OK.

If I was very wealthy and/or inclined to pay for a private room let's just say rules do not apply. My dh could stay overnight and come and go as he pleased. And perhaps they even have a separate recovery area for people who are private pay and pay for their own hospital room and maybe even staff. But I don't know if that is true, probably not. But now that I have finished the surgery I feel emotionally stronger and am just fine here alone. Plus the staff is very competent and I know I will be fine. Still nervous about recovery and all that jazz but one day at a time and I am finished (at least for now more on that later perhaps) with the surgery. Woohoo! :appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MISSY!!!! I have been waiting for this great update all evening. I'm sorry your in so much pain. I'm sure they will be able to get that under control for you quickly. I know and understand how you feel about taking the pain meds but please listen to the doctor. You will feel so much better if you don't try to tough it out and take the meds when you feel the pain increasing. Also I know you hate the catheter but it really is going to be better for you tonight. If you have an iV giving you liquids, you would probably be getting up every hour to use the bathroom so it's probably really good for your ankle that you have it. You sound so much better than I would have imagined in your post. I'm so happy everything went well with your surgery

I'm sure the nurses are going to love you as we all do! Trust me they see really grumpy patients. They aren't going to want you to leave!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy, glad to hear everything went according to plan. hoping for a speedy recovery.
bighug5.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1404793413|3708720 said:
MISSY!!!! I have waiting for this update all evening. I'm sorry your in so much pain. I'm sure they will be able to get that under control for you quickly. I know and understand how you feel about taking the pain meds but please listen to the doctor. You will feel so much better if you don't try to tough it out and take the meds when you feel the pain increasing. Also I know you hate the catheter but it really is going to be better for you tonight. If you have an iV giving you liquids, you would probably be getting up every hour to use the bathroom so it's probably really good for your ankle that you have it. You sound so much better than I would have imagined in your post. I'm so happy you everything went well with your surgery

I'm sure the nurses are going to love you as we all do! Trust me they see really grumpy patients. They aren't going to want you to leave!

Thank you Callie!!! And I agree completely about not toughing it out. I got over that one pretty fast during the first few nights of the accident June 27th, 28th and 29. Bad pain is truly awful and colors one's perception of every single thing. I cannot remember who said that here (PSers have so much wisdom to share and so generously share it) but being in pain can certainly cause depression and affect one's recovery so bring on the pain meds please. ::)

And same for the catheter. It is very painless and OMG so glad I do not have to get up every time I need to pee and also glad I do not have to restrict my fluid intake. So that outweighs the yuk factor for me.

Thank you for saying that the nurses will like me. Maybe that explains why they are laughing at all my jokes and coming around to chat. (And we haven't even brought the yummy goodies for them yet lol). That or else it's a slow night and it makes the time pass. I don't know but either way I appreciate their very pleasant company!

I am also getting to know them and enjoying that too. I have learned the following- Costa Rica is awesome a must visit. Well, I knew that one already but I love hearing the excitement and happiness when someone is describing an awesome trip/experience. One is starting medical school next month and she is also very funny and kept me laughing as I did her so we clicked immediately. And another assistant is a sweetheart with curly hair so we bonded over that and shared hair tips. And we also love all shows BBC. Though I cannot fathom anyone not enjoying their fine programming. ;))

Dancing Fire|1404793785|3708722 said:
missy, glad to hear everything went according to plan. hoping for a speedy recovery.
bighug5.gif

Thank you Dancing Fire! When I am up for clearer comprehending I am going to read through your Ocatavia thread. So excited for you. :appl:
And I see Lorelei's informative emotie thread is proving helpful for you. ;))
Still cannot post emoties the right way on my mac air though but hugs back to you. :wavey:

_48.gif

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Yay so glad to see you in recovery missy! :appl:

Remember, the recovery period is sloooooow. Some days you may feel like it's going backwards, other days you'll make big improvements. It's normal to have good days and bad days. Don't worry about pain med addiction: pain med USE doesn't cause it, only ABUSE does. And you aren't abusing it, you're using it. You need it.

Rest well x

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Since I can't bring you flowers!

Get better soon Missy! I hope you are taking it easy and the pain is lessening! And I hope you have a stack of good books to read!

_20012.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So good to hear from you and know that things are good! I too am sorry about the pain but at least it's now from the fix and not the fall! I'm sure they will do all they can to control the pain so you can now rest and not worry about the surgery - its all behind you! The best words were 'it all fit' - that's excellent news! So glad this part of the journey is over - let the healing begin in earnest.

Take care and rest and know that so many are thinking of you and wishing you well!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear your surgery went well! Here are some flowers for you! :)

uploadfromtaptalk1404813525720.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1404813546918.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1404813577068.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
{{{old fashion hugs}}}} so glad you are past the surgery! Now on to the task at hand real recovery!!! :appl:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad things went well, Missy! I was thinking about you yesterday.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
You were on my mind all day yesterday & this morning, the first thing I wondered (after "where's my coffee?) was how you were feeling. Whew, it's great to have the surgery over, isn't it? Your voice ( :D ) sounds better this morning already than yesterday. I can tell our good ole Missy is back from this:
missy said:
Maybe that explains why they are laughing at all my jokes and coming around to chat. (And we haven't even brought the yummy goodies for them yet lol).
But you're probably a gas to gas with!

It's really fabulous news that the jigsaw pieces fit together well -- I'm sure that will make healing much much better & quicker & possibly full recovery with fewer difficulties. Finally, some GOOD luck in this thing! In a few days after the initial surgery pain eases, you should begin feeling better with the break stabilized, maybe have less pain when moving your leg. That's my infallible prediction!

Glad you have fun nurses & your useful toys around & your wonderful DH. Chin up, honey -- better & better things coming!

--- Laurie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, missy-

I'm astounded that you are able to post so well! I hope that you don't wear yourself out! It is fantastic to see you back on-line and very reassuring to all of us who have been awaiting the results of your surgery. It sounds as if Dr. Wellman outdid himself this time! I am sure that you inspired him. ;)) I am actually not kidding. Having met you, he probably wanted to do his very best for you. Not that he doesn't want that for all his patients...but surely even physicians are human and when they work longs hours and need to go their length that day, perhaps remembering a sweet patient can subconsciously help them to go the extra mile!

I send my love.

Deb :wavey:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yay! So glad it went well! You are over the hump and now have at least entered the trail of recovery. <3

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Missy! So glad you got through everything ok and all is well! I couldn't wait to get up this morning and see if you had been able to post. I hope and pray that your good days far out number the difficult and you are on the road to a very speedy recovery. I am glad the hospital is nice and the staff are treating you well, and of course, that you have a great view! It's a small thing but sometimes it is the small things that mean the most!

I am praying that you will soon have a great lessening of the pain and be back to feeling like yourself even through the recovery process.
Please don't feel at all bad about 'venting' here. You can whine or complain all you want and we will try to lift you up! Our pleasure! Hey we got some new emoties it looks like. So I will add a few to make you smile. :clap: :clap: yay for getting though surgery, :naughty: don't you dare feel bad about posting your thoughts on pain, :pray: we will pray, and :dance: do the dance of joy when you are back on your sweet feet. Oh my, but these crack me up. Take care Missy!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I was so happy to read your last post. I'd gone to bed right after I posted late last night. How is your pain today? I'm so glad your stay is going very well and I knew the nurses would LOVE you! Don't worry you will click with all of them! Please keep telling your stories from your hospital stay. I was relieved when you talked about the nurses telling you about school and Costa Rica. They will take such good care of you and the time will probably go by fastest than you think. I wish I could send you flowers or cashews!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are doing great! How do I know that? You're writing about making the best of your situation and that translates into keeping yourself positive and when your mind does that, your body follows :angel:

You're over the hump of surgery now, YAY, and you're onto to recovery and rehab now. Way.To.Go!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness! I'm just reading about your accident now. I'm so sorry this happened Missy. You poor thing.
I hope your surgery went well and I'm wishing for a speedy recovery!

New emoties! Woot!
Here's what I hope you feel like soon ... :dance:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, you're a trooper for sure, I didn't think we would hear from you so soon! But I'm so glad you were able to check in with us, I've been thinking about you this entire time! I am so, so happy the surgery went well and that you are comfortable in your new digs - so sorry about the pain though, hopefully it will lessen soon, and it's reassuring the pain team (ha!) will be on top of it. What a relief the surgery is behind you, now you can focus on healing - continue to hang in, you are doing so great!

1094232nk7m1yvh5r.gif

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
So relieved to see an after surgery post Missy! I hope you're feeling better today & the pain management team has everything under control for you. Sending positive energy your way for a speedy recovery (((hugs)))

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I am delighted to hear the surgery went great and everything fit together really well. I hope your pain becomes more manageable as your body starts to mend. Our local hospital doesn’t allow visitors in the recovery room at all so I was kind of surprised to hear they allowed your family in to see you. Maybe they want to make sure you are rested and they want to keep a close eye on you. It sounds like you are all set up in the hospital and DH is taking good care of you too. That is great the staff is so nice because that can make a big difference. Hugs and speedy recovery wishes coming your way. :wavey:

_20039.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1404811988|3708817 said:
Yay so glad to see you in recovery missy! :appl:

Remember, the recovery period is sloooooow. Some days you may feel like it's going backwards, other days you'll make big improvements. It's normal to have good days and bad days. Don't worry about pain med addiction: pain med USE doesn't cause it, only ABUSE does. And you aren't abusing it, you're using it. You need it.

Rest well x

Thank you Rosetta. I am in quite a lot of pain. They have me up to taking 15 mg oxycodone q3h but after 2 hours the pain becomes intense again. I also have morphine hooked up to my IV and I can take that q10min. Its been helping a bit but still only partially. The pain management team has been working with me to find the right combo. I am also taking 650 mg Tylenol q6h in addition to all that I am taking. And these meds make me very foggy and exhausted. I can barely type this out to you.

SB621 said:
Since I can't bring you flowers!

Get better soon Missy! I hope you are taking it easy and the pain is lessening! And I hope you have a stack of good books to read!

Thanks for checking in Sarah.

MissGotRocks said:
So good to hear from you and know that things are good! I too am sorry about the pain but at least it's now from the fix and not the fall! I'm sure they will do all they can to control the pain so you can now rest and not worry about the surgery - its all behind you! The best words were 'it all fit' - that's excellent news! So glad this part of the journey is over - let the healing begin in earnest.

Take care and rest and know that so many are thinking of you and wishing you well!

Thank you MissGotRocks. You are right. Even though I am in so much pain (and the hospital is doing the best they can to control it with considerable pain meds) I know there is healing beginning so I should be getting better despite the pain. With this pain I know there is a reason and end (I hope) in sight.

mochiko42 said:
Glad to hear your surgery went well! Here are some flowers for you! :)

Thank you mochiko.

Mayk said:
{{{old fashion hugs}}}} so glad you are past the surgery! Now on to the task at hand real recovery!!! :appl:

Thank you Mary. (((Hugs))) back.

Zoe said:
I'm so glad things went well, Missy! I was thinking about you yesterday.

Thank you Zoe.

JewelFreak said:
You were on my mind all day yesterday & this morning, the first thing I wondered (after "where's my coffee?) was how you were feeling. Whew, it's great to have the surgery over, isn't it? Your voice ( :D ) sounds better this morning already than yesterday. I can tell our good ole Missy is back from this:
missy said:
Maybe that explains why they are laughing at all my jokes and coming around to chat. (And we haven't even brought the yummy goodies for them yet lol).
But you're probably a gas to gas with!

It's really fabulous news that the jigsaw pieces fit together well -- I'm sure that will make healing much much better & quicker & possibly full recovery with fewer difficulties. Finally, some GOOD luck in this thing! In a few days after the initial surgery pain eases, you should begin feeling better with the break stabilized, maybe have less pain when moving your leg. That's my infallible prediction!

Glad you have fun nurses & your useful toys around & your wonderful DH. Chin up, honey -- better & better things coming!

--- Laurie

Thank you dear Laurie. This morning I had everyone laughing and in a good mood. Nurses, doctors, physical therapists (team of Lauren and Lauren LOL) and my roomie and now good friend Susan from California (near San Jose) now but originally from China. Love her and we are fast friends. She came here without her dh for a special surgery and we are already making plans for her next doctor follow up in 2 weeks. So good things can and do come out of bad experiences.

Unfortunately the pain started very strongly mid afternoon and has not let me up from its grip. It is very bad. My surgeon came by before the pain had started up so strongly so he has no clue. Fortunately I did well with the walker (walker over crutches any day!) and impressed everyone with the distance I walked with the help of the walker. Didn't get to do stairs because by that time the pain was too intense.

All in all an exhausting day where the morning was good and mid afternoon through right this minute very painful. The pain team kept tweaking what they are giving me but not sure we hit upon the right combo yet.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
been out of town but agree re walker over crutches any day, glad you've made a new life long friend but most of all glad to see your post! :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1404825302|3708904 said:
Hi, missy-

I'm astounded that you are able to post so well! I hope that you don't wear yourself out! It is fantastic to see you back on-line and very reassuring to all of us who have been awaiting the results of your surgery. It sounds as if Dr. Wellman outdid himself this time! I am sure that you inspired him. ;)) I am actually not kidding. Having met you, he probably wanted to do his very best for you. Not that he doesn't want that for all his patients...but surely even physicians are human and when they work longs hours and need to go their length that day, perhaps remembering a sweet patient can subconsciously help them to go the extra mile!

I send my love.

Deb :wavey:

Thank you Deb. I think I have worn myself out and can barely type my responses here. Very fuzzy and woozy (pain meds effect) and the pain is exhausting. But I needed to be able to post my gratitude to all here who have helped me so much. (((Hugs))) and love to you.

luv2sparkle said:
Hey Missy! So glad you got through everything ok and all is well! I couldn't wait to get up this morning and see if you had been able to post. I hope and pray that your good days far out number the difficult and you are on the road to a very speedy recovery. I am glad the hospital is nice and the staff are treating you well, and of course, that you have a great view! It's a small thing but sometimes it is the small things that mean the most!

I am praying that you will soon have a great lessening of the pain and be back to feeling like yourself even through the recovery process.
Please don't feel at all bad about 'venting' here. You can whine or complain all you want and we will try to lift you up! Our pleasure! Hey we got some new emoties it looks like. So I will add a few to make you smile. :clap: :clap: yay for getting though surgery, :naughty: don't you dare feel bad about posting your thoughts on pain, :pray: we will pray, and :dance: do the dance of joy when you are back on your sweet feet. Oh my, but these crack me up. Take care Missy!

Thanks luv2sparkle. Pretty emoties. :dance:

Tourmaline said:
Yay! So glad it went well! You are over the hump and now have at least entered the trail of recovery. <3

Thank you Tourmaline. Recovery here I come. :pray:

Calliecake said:
Hi Missy, I was so happy to read your last post. I'd gone to bed right after I posted late last night. How is your pain today? I'm so glad your stay is going very well and I knew the nurses would LOVE you! Don't worry you will click with all of them! Please keep telling your stories from your hospital stay. I was relieved when you talked about the nurses telling you about school and Costa Rica. They will take such good care of you and the time will probably go by fastest than you think. I wish I could send you flowers or cashews!

Hi Callie. Good news is they finally took my catheter out and maybe tomorrow they will take my IV out depending on how I am hydrated. It's been difficult to drink because with the pain I have some nausea but I am hanging in there. Not a great day all in all but I am just at the beginning and I know as time goes on I will heal and get better. Thanks for your support. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1404835324|3709000 said:
You are doing great! How do I know that? You're writing about making the best of your situation and that translates into keeping yourself positive and when your mind does that, your body follows :angel:

You're over the hump of surgery now, YAY, and you're onto to recovery and rehab now. Way.To.Go!

Thank you azstonie. Not so great this afternoon but I know things will improve from here. And I am keeping a positive outlook despite my pain. It will take time but I will improve. In small baby steps but steps forward nonetheless!

JaneSmith said:
Oh my goodness! I'm just reading about your accident now. I'm so sorry this happened Missy. You poor thing.
I hope your surgery went well and I'm wishing for a speedy recovery!

New emoties! Woot!
Here's what I hope you feel like soon ... :dance:

Thank you JaneSmith! Me too-we should have a dance GTG as soon as I am back on my feet. Around 6 months or so from now hopefully. Dancing here we come. :dance:

junebug17 said:
Missy, you're a trooper for sure, I didn't think we would hear from you so soon! But I'm so glad you were able to check in with us, I've been thinking about you this entire time! I am so, so happy the surgery went well and that you are comfortable in your new digs - so sorry about the pain though, hopefully it will lessen soon, and it's reassuring the pain team (ha!) will be on top of it. What a relief the surgery is behind you, now you can focus on healing - continue to hang in, you are doing so great!

1094232nk7m1yvh5r.gif

Thank you so much Junebug. Healing is my mantra and one day at a time is my life path for now. Hugs for all your encouragement and support.

woofmama said:
So relieved to see an after surgery post Missy! I hope you're feeling better today & the pain management team has everything under control for you. Sending positive energy your way for a speedy recovery (((hugs)))

Thank you woofmama. I appreciate your positive energy and speedy recovery wishes!

marcy said:
Missy, I am delighted to hear the surgery went great and everything fit together really well. I hope your pain becomes more manageable as your body starts to mend. Our local hospital doesn’t allow visitors in the recovery room at all so I was kind of surprised to hear they allowed your family in to see you. Maybe they want to make sure you are rested and they want to keep a close eye on you. It sounds like you are all set up in the hospital and DH is taking good care of you too. That is great the staff is so nice because that can make a big difference. Hugs and speedy recovery wishes coming your way. :wavey:

Thank you Marcy and you are right. We needed our rest after such a big surgery. I think it was 4 hours long and perhaps that is not long compared to many surgeries it is long enough for me lol. Thanks for your hugs and speedy recovery wishes. :wavy:

movie zombie|1404871820|3709408 said:
been out of town but agree re walker over crutches any day, glad you've made a new life long friend but most of all glad to see your post! :wavey:

Thank you movie zombie. I am going to become your namesake soon devouring movies by the dozen LOL. Thanks for saying hi and all your kind support. PS is a nice place to visit and a soft place to fall when you need it and most of all I enjoy the company of the so many intelligent and caring people here.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I'm so sorry you've been in so much pain this afternoon. Hopefully they will find the magic combination of drugs to make you more comfortable quickly. All the medicine you are taking could also be making you feel nauseous. Your poor little body has been through a lot the past two days. Hopefully tomorrow will be a much better day and you can get some much needed rest.

Please don't worry about responding to posts until you feel better. Everyone understands you may not feel like posting for a few days. Your body needs the rest so please just focus on getting yourself better. Sending lots of dust to you honey!

I'm so glad your roommate is so nice.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Very best wishes to you!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1404874999|3709472 said:
Missy, I'm so sorry you've been in so much pain this afternoon. Hopefully they will find the magic combination of drugs to make you more comfortable quickly. All the medicine you are taking could also be making you feel nauseous. Your poor little body has been through a lot the past two days. Hopefully tomorrow will be a much better day and you can get some much needed rest.

Please don't worry about responding to posts until you feel better. Everyone understands you may not feel like posting for a few days. Your body needs the rest so please just focus on getting yourself better. Sending lots of dust to you honey!

I'm so glad your roommate is so nice.

Sky56|1404876807|3709494 said:
Very best wishes to you!!

Thank you Callie and thank you Sky. I am feeling better this morning. :wavey:

It was like a slumber party last night with my roomie and the nurses and personal care assistants despite having pain it was still fun. They come in every 2 hours to take vitals and I am also given pain meds every 3 hours as is my roommate and they also come in if we need to use the restroom. So between all that we see them almost every hour to hour and a half and of course we are woken up if we are sleeping (which believe it or not with the pain meds we often are). Those meds knock us out! And that is a good thing lol. So it was not a bad night at all now that the pain meds are kicking in and knocking me out. And it was like a girls slumber party. Everyone here is lovely.

Except the resident who stopped by this AM to check on me because he said they were going to take my IV drip of morphine out (yay I want that gone as I am not using the morphine anyway and it is hard to move my left arm and do anything with it in my vein) and I was probably going to be discharged today because the insurance company wouldn't cover a third night. :shock: OMG. And he wasn't very empathetic about it. Until I said hey I don't have a run of the mill leg fracture I have a Pilon fracture and my leg had serious damage. That shut him up but I guess that was more about him looking bad by being so callous than really caring about me. Don't get me wrong. I want to get back to my home and my kitties and my dh (though he has been here all day every day since I got here) but not if I am still having uncontrolled pain.

While the pain is better it is still quite bad at times and I am not confident the pain is under control. Yesterday afternoon I was literally crying from the pain that would not abate. And now they are just shipping me back home? I am pretty worried to be home and in pain. In the hospital environment I know I will be OK because if I am in severe pain there is a 24/7 pain management team that is very good. At home I am on my own.

Anyway I am being sent home today as the case manager just stopped by and said that the insurance company won't cover another night just because I am in pain. Sigh. I am too exhausted to fight with the health insurance company and in too weakened a state to be able to deal with this. The case manager said I had to deal with it that she couldn't help me out. OK well at least I am going to see my dear kitties and be in my own bed.

My roommate is so cute. She is really trying hard to figure a way out for me to stay. Telling me what to do/say so they have to keep me here another night. LOL.

30 more minutes till my next round of pain meds. :appl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Any way your DH could deal with the insurance co., Missy? Usually they can be wrestled into at least one more day, which might give the drs. time to adjust your meds. 2 nights is ridiculous, just ridiculous. The point of insurance under Obamacare laws -- and whether you're in an exchange or private insurance, they must follow the regs dreamed up by young idiots in a back room -- is to save money, so very fast discharge is par for the course now. Hate to say it, but that's what everyone who voted for this crap bought for the rest of us. Socialized medicine is great as long as you're not very sick.

What fun that everyone is so neat, though! Makes a difference to have some laughs & good peeps around -- I think that helps healing. I'm also impressed you are up on a walker already & went a distance! It is exhausting by itself, without all the other physical & emotional trauma so your tiredness is expected & understandable.

I hope you can manage to stay another day, anyway. It sounds like such a good hospital! If you go home, I'm sure your kitties will be waiting & anxious to see you -- teach 'em to make you some tea, ok?

Much love!

--- Laurie

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
hugsss

sorry to hear about the insurance... arrgh!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1404914138|3709702 said:
Any way your DH could deal with the insurance co., Missy? Usually they can be wrestled into at least one more day, which might give the drs. time to adjust your meds. 2 nights is ridiculous, just ridiculous. The point of insurance under Obamacare laws -- and whether you're in an exchange or private insurance, they must follow the regs dreamed up by young idiots in a back room -- is to save money, so very fast discharge is par for the course now. Hate to say it, but that's what everyone who voted for this crap bought for the rest of us. Socialized medicine is great as long as you're not very sick.

What fun that everyone is so neat, though! Makes a difference to have some laughs & good peeps around -- I think that helps healing. I'm also impressed you are up on a walker already & went a distance! It is exhausting by itself, without all the other physical & emotional trauma so your tiredness is expected & understandable.

I hope you can manage to stay another day, anyway. It sounds like such a good hospital! If you go home, I'm sure your kitties will be waiting & anxious to see you -- teach 'em to make you some tea, ok?

Much love!

--- Laurie

Good morning Laurie! And thank you so much for your comforting support. Yes, my dh called them and was on hold for 30 plus minutes and was told that the hospital and/or my surgeon has to call them directly. Not him. But then the case manager gave us the run around and so on and so forth. Fortunately the head of my pain management team likes me and is now going to leave in my morphine IV that he wanted to remove first thing this morning (with strict instructions not to use it) so the insurance company cannot just send me home and will cover me another night. So woohoo! I cannot believe I want to stay another night in the hospital but there you have it lol I would never have believed it. ;))

Turns out his 12 yo daughter looks just like me haha. He showed me a pic on his phone and he's right. She looks a lot like me. I think that went a long way in getting me another night's stay. Funny but true. And he's very nice too. The case manager called me after the pain management doctor left me and told me she's calling the insurance company to get me another night. And my dh just called saying my surgeon's office called him and is Okaying another night in the hospital. So I think I am staying.

And I completely agree. Socialized medicine is amazing if one is healthy. But I almost feel that way about any type of healthcare. It's all great until one gets sick and then it can be a crapshoot. So many variables.

Oh and I used a scooter today in Physical Therapy and they said I did wonderfully. Love the scooter though it does put a little too much pressure on my knee so I am going to wait before using the scooter. It does go fast though so will suit my need for speed when I am ready. :shhh: :cheeky:

gregchang35 said:
hugsss

sorry to hear about the insurance... arrgh!!!

Thank you Greg and hugs to you too! I got the green light for another night. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results