shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I need "good" vibes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
yay ally!! congratulations
36.gif

good luck with the flooring and decorating, and as for the job offer, i have my fingers crossed for you! make sure to keep us updated....

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
YAY ALLY!!!! I''m sooooooooo excited about the house for you!!! And the job sounds like such an awesome opportunity for your boyfriend - I agree, he would be perfect for a position with unusual hours since you will be working your tail end off for the next 3 years as well! I will be sending good vibe!!
28.gif

As for the floors - I totally agree with you. The floor in the second picture you posted was so much warmer and had a beautiful rich tone to it. The first one... eh, I see why it''s on sale!! Well, I guess it could work very well in some homes but it almost reminds me of the color that a fence gets after it''s been weathered about 2 years... just kinda blah and cold? I guess I just love wood floors because of the warm look that they add to a room so the 1st picture seems to lack that warmth and therefore kinda defeats the purpose of having a wood floor. Does that make sense? Although, I think that the first floor has a modern look to it and if that is your style then it will probably fit in just fine...
9.gif
How''s that for diplomatic???

Let us know what happens with the job & the floors!!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Teebee! Hugs! You''re so cute. I''m not into the first floor, I said to his mom "So you think we can find paint to go with the weird colored floors?"
9.gif
. I find it more masculine...I don''t know if that makes sense. BUT my boyfriend is so in love with that floor. I told him, Dr.Phil''s advice to men on decorating "Don''t mess with the nest". Of course it''s not technically my house, but I''m always going to be over. And I AM helping with the downpayment, and paying for the floors so I think I should have some say. I''m going to tell him that the girls on pricescope perfer my floor
9.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
You''re right Ally - the first floor is more masculine - perfect description!! And considering you are making part of the down payment & the floor, then you definitely should have, at the very least, veto power!!

I''m gonna have to remember Dr. Phil''s little saying for future ammunition ~ FI & I already had an argument this weekend over the decor!!! Later he came to his senses and said I could do whatever I wanted to the interior but he has veto power on the exterior (which is funny, since we have to go through the Historical Preservation people to do anything to the outside anyhow...).

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I am so happy you got the house! I was hoping that no news was good news when we didn''t hear.

I agree with the second floor. I feel like it would be more versatile as well.

Congratulations on the house!! Ooh and congratulations on his promotion! It sounds like that''ll be great for him. Working the evenings and long hours will pay off in the long run so its good to do that while he''s young and you two don''t have a family to worry about! What a great weekend it was for you two!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results