shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I need "good" vibes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

I really need my pricescope fairies now! All of you worked so well to get my other offer rejected. My boyfriend just made an offer on a house that we both REALLY want. Since it''s only our temporary house for 4 years until I graduate, it''s not my dream house (have to wait until I make money for that) but our ""pseudo-condo" Basically the only thing you get for this price range is a 1 bedroom 400 sqaure feet condo so we thought we''d give this a try. Our offer is low, we expect it to be rejected and counter offered, but it all depends on what he counter offer is, if it''s too high then it''s more then we are willing to spend. So I need some good vibes please!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
sending you good thoughts ally! this house sounds great
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope it all works out, more postitive vibes to you!!!! Maybe this is the one!!!
9.gif
Did work well last time didn''t it?
31.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Good Luck!!!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Good vibes coming your way!! If you''ve posted pics of the house, can you point me to them...if not can you post some? Would love to see what I KNOW is going to be your new home
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending my strongest vibes your way!!!!!!! Please post pics, we''d love to see them!!! Good luck!!!
1.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone!

Thanks for the early responses, as long as someone is rooting for me, I'm happy.Compared to Teebee's mansion, I'm kind of embarrassed by what I'm buying
20.gif
. But then, I guess I don't set real estate prices in Quebec, so here it is:

http://www.remax-quebec.com/en/propriete/ficheResult.jsp?uls=M803712&nPosUlsList=3

I'm still a STUDENT sooo... I'm trying not too feel to embarassed
8.gif
. I think it's good for a temporary home. My boyfriend can afford more, but he wants to make sure he can pay for all of my schooling. And as terrible as it sounds (except maybe to Pricescopers) he really wanted to make sure I got the e-ring of my dreams
11.gif

Really by far the cheapest stand alone house that I've found. And the location is a dream, really quiet street where all of the houses are bigger and more expensive ($200 000+). Hopefully everyone can see past the bad pics. The land is 7700 sqare feet which is about three times the size of most land lots in this area of Quebec.

Anyways, just for comparision sake, this is a house (in a bad sector of town, that was recently sold):

http://www.remax-quebec.com/en/propriete/photoadd.jsp?uls=M-1096322&pageid=3&perPage=8&history=3

The listing price for the one above is $146 000 and the real estate agent said the final price was $141 000. It's a two bedroom house, and well, I feel, has a lot less personality.

I have to say, I really wished I lived in Teebee's state. Seems as though you get WAY more for the money!

Thanks everyone!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
good luck! keep us posted on the outcome

teebee

Brilliant_Rock

OH ALLY!!! YAY!!! I''ll be happy to send some of those good vibes back your way!!! I really hope you get the house and are able to get away from the drunken irresponsible dog owner. You guys deserve a change of scenery!

I think the house looks great so please don''t be embarrassed!! It is a lot larger than where my FI and I are currently living and I think it will be perfect for your needs during these med school years!! I haven''t taken French since 7th grade... but it looks like it''s got a modernized kitchen and a remodeled bathroom? OH, and I LOVE front porches!!! Seriously, if you want to see embarrassed, I will post pics of where we are living RIGHT NOW and you can see me hang my head in shame!!
15.gif
When some of my family members were in town a few months ago... oh, I almost couldn''t bear to let them in the house & all of our neighbors were really surprised to learn that Bryan is a dentist and lives in this crappy place!!

I''ll be thinking about you!! And, even if their counter is too high... you can counter back unless your first offer was as high as you''d go?

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck to the 2 of you!!! *fingers crossed*

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Good vibes from me 2!! This has to be the one b/c it conveniently came back on the market when u were looking. There is NOTHING to be embarrassed about. You''re both about to own property at a young age AND continue to go to school. Do you know how successful you are already??! Your priorities are in the right place. As you said in another post, this is your capital. Things only get better from here on out....
2.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Teebee!

35.gif
. You're so sweet to make me feel better. It's just that your house is a mammoth! Yes it has a new bathroom and kitchen. The main living quarters (living room, kitchen, dining room) are really big compared to similar priced condos. Plus there are 2 bedrooms and an office, which I think is a better resale value then a one bedroom condo. I told my boyfriend he would regret spending that money on my e-ring. It could have gone to buying more house! Although in all honesty, it's my bf place, (I'm living at home until we get married) and even when we were in his apartment, a one bedroom, TINY 3 and 1/2 we NEVER went in the bedroom! We like to sleep in the living room on the couch. So this house is ridiculous in terms of what kind of space we need. But I'm thinking of future- being able to recoup the sale price.

Your new house is SO beautiful though, you won't have any more of these types of problems! I think I remember that you said you finacee had jumped into opening a dental practice (instead of waiting) so he had a lot of debt, he was much better off pooling his resources into the practice then the house in the beginning. You both will be much better off in the future because of your sacrifices.

I think he'll counter offer high. But me and my boyfriend have a FIXED budget and we are adament that it's not going to be a penny more. I'm just hoping the owner (who's been transfered) and the house is been on the market for 4 months, wants to sell desperately enough that he'll come down to our price. Our agent says that in the present market, 4 months on the market = need to drop price by A LOT. Although this house already had 2 offers on it, and both times, the financing did not come through for the buyers! Maybe it was waiting for us
11.gif

Cute330! Hey girl (my mentor in all big changes
2.gif
) ! I was going to email you for an update. I offered what you suggested, our real estate agent was positively horrified. She said it was too low and the seller might be insulted. I'll take my chances. We should get a counter offer tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know.

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Hey Ally, you have so many things in your favor lady. I sent you an email....

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Ally- Many, many, many good vibes your way! I think that house will be just perfect for a starter. To have the remodels done and, I agree with Teebee, I love that porch- it is huge. Here''s to you getting a reasonable counter offer tomorrow!

Croí

Shiny_Rock

hey Alley

sending MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF BONA FIDE IRISH LUCK YOUR WAY !!!!!

let us know how it all goes
C

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Ok everyone, the counter offer was for $136 500. Now in all honesty, I would have paid $137 000. But my boyfriend was to counter again for $135 000. I''m totally happy with this counter, I want to take it because I think it''s a completely reasonable offer. The guy still came down $8000 dollars, so I think it''s good. I feel like we are SOOOO close. I don''t know what to do, counter at $135 000 or accepte at $136 500. Honestly, I think that it''s such a miniscule amount of money that we should take it. Now $135 000 was what are initial budget was, but honestly, what is $1500? I mean I upped the budget on my e-ring by $2000 so why not for a house??? Jeez. I''m driving myself crazy, sorry everyone.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Dont apoligize buying a house is one of the most stressful life events. I would proably give in to the extra 1500$ but it is your and your SOs decision. Either way I hope you get the home soon.
35.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh goodness ~ I''m totally sympathizing with your stress on this!! Not knowing all of the details... I would say that his coming down by $8000 is a great counter and were it me, I would accept and not dicker around anymore over $1500. Is your boyfriend set on countering at $135,000? I''d hate for you guys to pay more than you have to - but I know you''d hate to lose out on the house because of $1500... What about appliances? Maybe you could counter w/ the $136,500 but specify that the refrigerator and clothes washer & dryer stay (if you haven''t already asked for that?)? There may be several ways to work it where you accept his price, but ask for a few things that were not initially included... Or ask him to pay more towards repairs deemed necessary by inspectors?

I don''t have much experience in all of this type of negotiation... When I bought my first house, we pretty much met in the middle of their asking price and my first offer. When I sold the same house I was offered my asking price so there wasn''t really any negotiating there...

GOOD LUCK!! I''m thinking about you!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

Well my boyfriend countered at $135 000. I was kind of annoyed actually because our agent (that represents us) said that the other agent had said that there was a visit at 6:00 pm, and that the couple was really intrested in buying so we should accept the $136 500 offer. Well my boyfriend got kind of mad because he felt that our agent was putting pressure on us to sign quickly. In any case, he told our agent that it was a pressure tactic from the other agent, and that he didn''t believe for a moment that a house has been on the market for 4 months, and then all of a sudden, when a deal is about to get done someone decides to visit. Our agent insisted it was true. So me, being afraid of losing the house, I wanted him to take the deal. So my boyfriend told our agent that we needed to take a walk to think about it. He drove us to our potential house and we sat there from 5:45 pm tol 6:30 pm and sure enough, no one entered or left the house. So the other agent had lied about another potential buyer.

23.gif
I kind of feel bad that I fell for it, I guess I''m gullible, but my boyfriend pointed out that I handle about 90% of the finances, so he has to be right sometimes. So we decided on $135 000. Final offer, no room for movement. We are prepared to walk away if the seller says no. As he pointed out, this is a temporary home, so we shouldn''t increase our budget for ANY reason. Usually I''m a total stickler for budgets, so he has a point. We''ll know tonight if the guy accepts, if not, we go back to house hunting. Although we are getting rid of our agent, she''s totally useless it''s frightening.

I like the house though, so it will be a shame if this guy doesn''t accept the deal.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I hope you get good news today Ally!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
I''m keeping my fingers crossed for you! Well, hopefully the owner may have the same feelings over $1500 that you initially had (in that it''s not a huge difference) and will accept the offer to get the house sold and to avoid any further hassle that would surely be involved if he had to continue trying to sell. If he''s already had 2 contracts fall through due to financing then I bet your chances are very good - I think you guys did the right thing.

That''s a lousy thing to do by lying to you about another interested party... I think it is a very common trick - when I was making an offer on my house, my agent told me that the seller''s agent had said there was another offer coming in that very same day, but that they promised to look at my offer first. My agent didn''t really come out and say that she thought it was a lie, but she alluded to her suspicion that it probably wasn''t entirely true... I had a hard time believing this to be true because it was a similar situation to yours - this was January when I looked at the house (slowest time of year for residential real estate in my market) and the house had been on the market since August. Plus, it was a rental and the renters didn''t want to move so they made seeing the house very difficult (we had to reschedule twice because they said it was not in a condition to be shown - when I finally saw it, it was a disaster area and I wonder what it must have looked at when they said it was not ''show-ready''?!?!).

Anyhow, good luck Ally - I know we''ll all be hoping to hear good news tonight!! We''ve got our inspections in just 4.5 hours so it''s a big day for the PS house hunters!!
36.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Teebee: Ohhhh... very exciting, here''s to the hope that your insepction comes back with a good report. Honestly, I just didn''t think I would be lied too, and my agent believed it, so I believed her. She should have alluded us to the fact that it might not be true. Honestly, it just bothered me A LOT. We should have an answer by 4:00 pm tonight. Personally I think he''d be an idiot not to accept (He was transfered to a town 4 hours away 4 months ago!) So it''s an eight hour drive every time he comes down, and he''s still paying mortgage and intrest. If he waits much longer, it''s going to be in winter, and it might be a hard sell , because Quebec is ridiculously cold, and NO one is going to move. Of course we could wait him out, if it''s still there in October/Novemeber and we haven''t bought anything, we could try to buy again. Of course, then the price is going to be much lower. Meanwhile I''ll continue looking. Here''s to good news for both of us tonight.

ky6

Shiny_Rock
oh ally, i really hope the seller accepts your counter. I think if I were in his shoes, living so far and needing to sell the house to avoid paying on it further, I would probably not squabble over $1500. So hopefully, this is such a neglible amount to him that he accepts. Good luck. Keep us posted.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Ally - just wondering if you''d heard anything about your counter?

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey Teebee,

No nothing yet. The counter runs out today at 6 pm o ''clock. Our agent gave the papers to the listing agent yesturday morning, and the owner was coming down from far away yesturday morning. We don''t even know if the offer has been presented to him, or if he''s thinking about it, or if he''ll counter again. All we do know is that he hasn''t flat out refused yet. But we''re pretty cool about it at this point, we are prepared to walk away if he doesn''t accept the offer, it''s not our dream house, and it certinly isn''t a BEAUTY like yours. For our real estate market, it''s a house I like, and a good value for our money. So I''m trying to be as detached and unemotional about this as I can. Hopefullu it will all work out.

Thanks for the thoughts!

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
It''s not always the other agent "lying" either. My dad was our agent on our last move and our house was on the market for 2 months with no offers, but great feedback. None of the agents could figure out why it hadn''t sold. We received one offer and while we were going over it, we got a second. It''s actually pretty common to get no offers for a while and then all of a sudden get two or more.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
So did you hear about the house yet?

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

My boyfriend got the house
36.gif
. It''s been a bit of a crazy weekend because we wanted to get some ideas of what kind of hardwood floors to get. IF my boyfriend and I get passed the choosing hardwood floors thing, we''ll be together forever, because it is stressful! We don''t have the same tastes!

Aside from that something really exciting happened today. My boyfriend is currently under contract at Bombardier (it''s this really big airplane manufacture in Quebec). SO the head of the engineering department told him that one of thier night engineers was retiring. It''s this massive, massive plant. Anyways they MIGHT need to hire another one to replace him, and my boyfriend is the guy''s FIRST CHOICE! Now the schedule is insane, 3 12 hour night shifts, and then three days off.

Now my boyfriend already makes an excellent living.....BUT the pay is double what my boyfriend makes now. DOUBLE
6.gif
. We both think it will be feasible while I''m in school, because I''ll be studying anyhow. Most of the engineers don''t want the night shift because it''s hard to have a family (but we''re young, and we don''t have a family). Also, after a while you can get promoted to day engineer, and then move up. Because Bombardier is HUGE there is a lot of movement, but it''s almost impossible to get a job there. In any case, we figure he could do it for a few years, and if he doesn''t like it quit when I''m done with school. The only problem is that Bombardier has''n''t definitively said they would hire someone, so I''m keeping my fingers WAY crossed. And maybe a little help from the pricescope fairy would be nice.

So it''s been a busy weekend. You girls have been wonderful. How about some advice, do you think this color of hardwood floors is ugly? My boyfriend wants this (it''s on sale) whereelse I want to wait for something more like the second pic

http://www.miragefloors.ca/ProfilShowRoom/72/en/MIRAGE_RedOak_LivingRoom_view.html?$$_cachefile_$$

http://www.miragefloors.ca/ProfilShowRoom/79/en/MIRAGE_RedOak_Hallway_explore.html?$$_cachefile_$$

We argued about it all weekend...
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Alleycat, congrats!
36.gif
36.gif
Re the job, this Pricescope fairy is rooting for you!! I agree with you I prefer the second flooring
9.gif
If he gets that new job think of all the lovely bling you can get!
11.gif
I''ll keep everything crossed for you both
2.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Lorlei: Thanks so much for the good thoughts, and your opinions on the floors
9.gif
. I''m totally indecisive!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results