shape
carat
color
clarity

Not Rational Sample Sale going again (Diaper Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Oh, now I am really excited to get mine. It should be delivered tomorrow because they shipped from L.A. and San Diego isn''t that far away. I can''t wait!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
so all this not rational talk has me wanting one... expect i have a few questions and i don't think i can find them in person to check them out.

do they have any pockets inside at all??

and for those of you that have it, do you put it on the stroller like they show in pics? or do you just sling it over your shoulder + go because it's more convenient?

i'm also trying to get an idea of size. have any of y'all taken any pictures of it next to you? like carrying it?

oh, and when you put it down, is it totally slouchy or does it have some sort of form to the bottom so that it stands up a bit?

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Well I go to bed and wake to find I missed the diesel debate! Glad the consensus is that maybe it will be ok. The picture I saw is the same as the one Mara posted, so fingers crossed it looks that way IRL. I did think the other black looked too "flat". I will definitely post pics once I get it. Though I am still digging the gray.

And TGAL, not to enable or anything, but when I ordered mine on Saturday, she said they had 3 and I got the second one, so there may still be one left. Just saying.

JCrow- Don''t know the answer about the inside pockets, but I actually already have a Skip Hop black canvas bag that I got as a shower gift that I am planning on just leaving on my stroller (well, the BOB at least). I wanted a second one for when I am out and about. I take him in his infant seat a lot and I just carry a bag and I don''t like the Skip Hop for that b/c it seems like it''s meant to go on the stroller. I don''t like it slung across me, but that''s just me personally.

MR- Post pics once you get it, interested to see the white! If I still lived in CA, I would love white.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
jcrow, it has a big inside zipper pocket and then 2-3 elasticy kind of pockets on the other side.

my leather for the gray distressed is thicker than it seems like the black diesel is... it stands up when put on the ground, whereas like a balenciaga would fall in on itself.

it''s a pretty big bag... like a big satchel, so on you it would be pretty big but not ''unwieldy'' i think. i am not sure what the dimensions are but ask Fabiana. she is very responsive.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 9:47:40 AM
Author: jcrow
so all this not rational talk has me wanting one... expect i have a few questions and i don''t think i can find them in person to check them out.

do they have any pockets inside at all??

and for those of you that have it, do you put it on the stroller like they show in pics? or do you just sling it over your shoulder + go because it''s more convenient?

i''m also trying to get an idea of size. have any of y''all taken any pictures of it next to you? like carrying it?

oh, and when you put it down, is it totally slouchy or does it have some sort of form to the bottom so that it stands up a bit?
I don''t know if the new ones have changed, but the old one has two small pockets inside. I don''t mind that because I realized along the way that I don''t organize two inside pockets. It definitely is a big giant space that you would have to organize yourself with smaller bags. I throw everything in and just dig around. I''m lazy.

I never sling it over the stroller like that. It''s such a joke, because it is a PAIN to snap it like that. It''s possible, but I don''t.

Size...have you seen a Fleurville mothership? It''s about the same size, but it looks smaller because it''s not as boxy.

It will stand up if something is in it. It''s just a slouchy bag (it won''t tip over or anything if it''s empty.)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 11:12:57 AM
Author: Mara
jcrow, it has a big inside zipper pocket and then 2-3 elasticy kind of pockets on the other side.

my leather for the gray distressed is thicker than it seems like the black diesel is... it stands up when put on the ground, whereas like a balenciaga would fall in on itself.

it''s a pretty big bag... like a big satchel, so on you it would be pretty big but not ''unwieldy'' i think. i am not sure what the dimensions are but ask Fabiana. she is very responsive.
Ooh, then it''s changed...Mara, can you take a photo of the inside? I''d like to see it! Mine has two measely pockets. Yours sounds better!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the feedback! i''m happy it has some sort of pockets inside since i tend to use those in my current purses.

one more question, do you gals use the diaper bag as your purse too, or do you carry it + a purse?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
The NR bag (or any diaper bag) I carry as my purse when I am with my kid. I carry the NR bag without my kid too!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 11:35:37 AM
Author: TravelingGal
The NR bag (or any diaper bag) I carry as my purse when I am with my kid. I carry the NR bag without my kid too!

awesome, that''s what i was hoping to do, too.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
one more question... [i should have written these down first, haha]

is the inside easy to clean? what sort of material is inside?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 11:48:30 AM
Author: jcrow
one more question... [i should have written these down first, haha]

is the inside easy to clean? what sort of material is inside?
My material is fabric. I would guess this bag is not the bag to have a huge spill/accident in. I''ve never had one. I carry the bottle (now sippies) on the outside pocket. I honestly don''t care if I do spill something on this bag...I bought it as a diaper bag and I''m happy to use it as such. But yeah, it''s not the most PRACTICAL bag. I mean, look at that ridiculous LEATHER changing pad.
20.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 10:17:09 AM
Author: ChinaCat
Well I go to bed and wake to find I missed the diesel debate! Glad the consensus is that maybe it will be ok. The picture I saw is the same as the one Mara posted, so fingers crossed it looks that way IRL. I did think the other black looked too ''flat''. I will definitely post pics once I get it. Though I am still digging the gray.

And TGAL, not to enable or anything, but when I ordered mine on Saturday, she said they had 3 and I got the second one, so there may still be one left. Just saying.

JCrow- Don''t know the answer about the inside pockets, but I actually already have a Skip Hop black canvas bag that I got as a shower gift that I am planning on just leaving on my stroller (well, the BOB at least). I wanted a second one for when I am out and about. I take him in his infant seat a lot and I just carry a bag and I don''t like the Skip Hop for that b/c it seems like it''s meant to go on the stroller. I don''t like it slung across me, but that''s just me personally.

MR- Post pics once you get it, interested to see the white! If I still lived in CA, I would love white.
Ack, bad! I shouldn''t....can''t...must hold back...........

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol TG that black diesel is YUMMMMYYY.
31.gif

jcrow...the inside is like some fabricy nylon thing and it is supposed to be easily wipeable.

for me i carry my small LV with me as my purse and drop it into my work laptop bag. i would do the same thing with this bag, though i might switch it out to a new one or a slightly smaller coach wallet kinda thing.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine is cotton inside, I think. I''ll take a photo of it....

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha, I spoke too soon! I went into my bag and found that some grapes I had packed yesterday and leaked, so now I officially have my first spill in my bag. It did leak through to the underside and now the leather is a bit darker in a spot in the bottom. I'll let you know how the bag recovers. You can see the leak in the pic.

So if the material has improved, that is a plus! I only have the two pockets shown and the inside is cotton.

IMG_0737NR.JPG

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are some interior shots at the VIP sale''s website, so if you are all interested, I would imagine the Hansel bag interior is similiar to the Kelly bag (they don''t have a shot of the hansel interior).

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i just emailed her for some info on the interior. i''ll report back with what i find out.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh mine doesn''t look like that at all TG...it''s more nylony cotton (for wiping) and it has gathered pockets too. interesting!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 1:57:06 PM
Author: Mara
oh mine doesn''t look like that at all TG...it''s more nylony cotton (for wiping) and it has gathered pockets too. interesting!
I''m jealous! But I did get mine a year or so ago. My leather changing pad has that same cotton material on the other side, so you can see why I think it''s useless!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
jcrow, here is a full body shot I just took for you. Excuse my messy hair...I work from home and I haven''t bothered to do it at all. I''m 5''5''.

IMG_0741.JPG

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
tgal - thank you. this is extremely helpful!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
SEXY and i like the color coordination too TG!
3.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
got a response regarding the inside: waterproof liner with elastic pockets on one side and a zippered pocket on the other side

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Tgal-That''s an awesome color! It''s a little darker than my Lucky bag. I love that color A LOT!!

We got our bags today!! YIPPEE!! The white purse is the softest, roomiest, cutest bag EVER! My daughter loves it. I think it smells amazing. I can''t tell it was a sample at all. For the price reduction, I feel like it was a steal.

My bag...meh...it''s an odd color. I don''t know if I am going to like it. Maybe once my hair is lightened some more, I will feel like it better coordinates with my look.

The clutches are cute. Not as bright as I thought they would be. Still cute though for the price.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 11:34:21 PM
Author: miraclesrule
Tgal-That''s an awesome color! It''s a little darker than my Lucky bag. I love that color A LOT!!

We got our bags today!! YIPPEE!! The white purse is the softest, roomiest, cutest bag EVER! My daughter loves it. I think it smells amazing. I can''t tell it was a sample at all. For the price reduction, I feel like it was a steal.

My bag...meh...it''s an odd color. I don''t know if I am going to like it. Maybe once my hair is lightened some more, I will feel like it better coordinates with my look.

The clutches are cute. Not as bright as I thought they would be. Still cute though for the price.
That''s a bummer about your bag...which one did you get?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Wow, T-gal. I''m almost 5''5" and I thought that bag would swallow me. It looks amazing on you though. My hips are probably much bigger than yours. Maybe it''s because mine is so light it''s like "Here I Am"!

I bought the beige Sophia bag. I really like the bag, just not super psyched about the color. Oh well, it may grow on me.
18.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
*whispers* black diesel is the way to go, MiraclesRule.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
My hips are GIANT now miraclesrule...it''s awful.

I decided not to buy the black diesel. I love it, but honestly, I don''t need to spend the money right now. I can''t start a thread to enable myself, right? That''s just wrong.

Also, for anyone else interested in the bags, check if the bag you want has the new lining. Fabiana did tell me that not all the current sale hansels have it.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I know. That black diesel is the way to go!! Except, almost every single purse I own is black. It gets annoying after awhile. I would love a rich chocolate brown or a medium brown. Anyway, I am going to look at them again and check out the Diesel. The Hansel rocks if wears you well.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Whatever Tgal...Yeah your hips are sooooooo huge!
38.gif

My daughter came over tonight with her DH and the baby and she was sporting her new diaper bag. Soooooo cute! She is totally loving the enabling T-gal right now.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results