shape
carat
color
clarity

Nobody Wants To Play Debate The Debate?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just got back from my soccer game! Are we not playing debates tonight?!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
i was wondering the same! maybe people are a little gunshy?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not gunshy! Get him, Obama!
3.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
And I can''t WAIT FOR THIS ANSWER ABOUT PALIN!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
that was a letdown
40.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I liked it, though! "Excited a base?!!!" Oh snap!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I am enjoying the debate and Obama has been gracious, just, factual, and focused.

McCain just said that Palin is an "American role model" and that is why he picked her...... hmmmm... judgement call? He was right that she is a breath of "fresh air". So fresh that it has no weight to it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I HATE SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Is it being shown online anywhere?

And how is it going?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i''m watchin!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
obama is too nice.
in this case.

mccain is attackin. gloves off.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh, and i paused it for a bit, so i''m a bit behind time wise in the debate.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 9:45:55 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I HATE SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Is it being shown online anywhere?

And how is it going?

I think it''s safe to say that Obama is pretty much spanking McCain...but I am a tiny bit biased!
2.gif

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
i think obama has given up some good opportunities (smear campaigns + palin''s qualifications) to make some really strong points. he''s playing almost too nice.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 9:49:11 PM
Author: mimzy
i think obama has given up some good opportunities (smear campaigns + palin''s qualifications) to make some really strong points. he''s playing almost too nice.

exactly!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yeah, I agree-he should have brought up Palin''s unethical behavior. But I think he''s trying to rise above. I wanted him to really give it to McCain on that one, though!

E B

Ideal_Rock
First, anyone know what''s up with McCain''s eyes?

Second, McCain needs to quit the attacks and talk about HIS plans. I think Obama''s handling it with a lot of grace, though.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 9:51:45 PM
Author: thing2of2

Yeah, I agree-he should have brought up Palin''s unethical behavior. But I think he''s trying to rise above. I wanted him to really give it to McCain on that one, though!

i just worry most people don''t see him as rising above in this case. although, i agree that''s what he''s doing.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not going to comment on the candidate''s substantive answers b/c I already know the direction this thread is going, but I must say that I like the way it''s being moderated a lot. I think fiestier answers about running mates would''ve been given if the question about negative campaigns from both candidates would''ve been asked AFTERwards.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Go McCain! He totally shoots done all the LIES Obama tells! SO and I are sitting here cracking up! I just hope other Americans can see through the Obama facade...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i agree, this debate's format is WAY WAY better than the last!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I thought it was part of the new post on the rules, and it had been banned. I just assumed because I didn''t see a thread on the debate tonight.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 9:56:13 PM
Author: jcrow
i agree, this debate''s format is WAY WAY better than the last!
Yeah, all the movement last time was very distracting. I like how Bob is actualy doing his job and at least trying to keep them on topic.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 9:54:48 PM
Author: idreamofcushions
Go McCain! He totally shoots done all the LIES Obama tells! SO and I are sitting here cracking up! I just hope other Americans can see through the Obama facade...

I don''t see what you''re talking about--details, please. Which lies? How did McCain shoot them down?

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock

uuhhh....like which ones?

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 9:57:20 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly
I thought it was part of the new post on the rules, and it had been banned. I just assumed because I didn't see a thread on the debate tonight.
I wasn't sure at first either, but I guess we can post while it's here. I think the very first one was civil and light-hearted but the subsequent ones got personal and heated compared to the first. I think that turned a lot of people, including me, off.

ETA: Along that same thread...WHY ask posters to defend their posts on this thread? Maybe this thread isn't supposed to be like the first one, but if someone posts, "Obama is doing great!" I'm not going to ask them, "Why? What has he said that was so great?" It's all just opinions and running commentary IMO. It's supposed to be fun, let's not make it adversarial, you know, like every other thread on here...

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 9:59:40 PM

I''d love to hear them as well!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 10:00:23 PM
Author: EBree
Date: 10/15/2008 9:59:40 PM

I''d love to hear them as well!

Add me to that list! Which lies?

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
McCain is so simple-minded about the health care system and tax policy that it is painful to hear him selling his plans.

Using the $600 tax rebate as an example, see how well THAT strategy "improved" our economic health? For people in an economic down time, do you think people who receive that $5000 "credit" will actually get better insurance (or can they even get one that will cover for their health needs) than employer-based policy? Obama explains McCain's retarded policy much better than me obviously, but just think.

Public health is near and dear to my heart, and seeing how McCain is gambling our health-care like a toy is really heart-breaking.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 10:05:50 PM
Author: zhuzhu
McCain is so simple-minded about the health care system and tax policy that it is painful to hear him selling his plans.

Using the $600 tax rebate as an example, see how well THAT strategy ''improved'' our economic health? For people in an economic down time, do you think people who receive that $5000 ''credit'' will actually get better insurance (or can they even get one that will cover for their health needs) than employer-based policy? Obama explains McCain''s retarded policy much better than me obviously, but just think.

Public health is near and dear to my heart, and seeing how McCain is gambling our health-care like a toy is really heart-breaking.
In the interest of keeping things civil, maybe it''s best to refrain from using the word "retarded" to describe things...

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
I''m hiding in my room again
askeered.gif
so I''m dependent on PS for my running commentary.

So get commentating, everyone!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results