shape
carat
color
clarity

No milligraining on pave

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ASTjitters

Rough_Rock
I''m getting a custom ring made, that will have 1-pt diamond pave on the sides. The jeweler is going to make it first w/o the milligraining (he said that he can add it if i want afterwards - it takes about 2 minutes.) So first he''s making it without.

Just wondering if anyone out there has some 1-pt pave without the milligraining pictures I could see! Thanks!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a Daniel K ring I tried on while at Pearlmans. It is pave, /no milligraining..

pearlmansdanielkcush2.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a shot of my Vera Wang wedding set with no milgrain! The engagement ring is more fishtail pave (so there isn''t really a place you COULD put milgrain) but the wedding band isn''t milgrained either! I prefer the cleaner look of no milgrain myself...(although I do looove antique-y pieces too...
31.gif
)

vw_weddingset_nomilgrain.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Check my avatar. My ring has pave with no milgraining, and I prefer it that way.

shay

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here's the pic of shay's setting from WF's website

gi_WF-HaloPrg-Wg_m.jpg

and here's a bigger pic of shay's setting

wfr13.JPG

lkeys

Rough_Rock
Hi there,
I''m looking at getting a 2 carat cushion cut with pave bands. I just LOVE your ring.....do you mind telling me what size your stone is and if it''s a cushion or not....sometimes it''s hard to tell.
Thanks!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2006 5:46:54 PM
Author: lkeys
Hi there,

I''m looking at getting a 2 carat cushion cut with pave bands. I just LOVE your ring.....do you mind telling me what size your stone is and if it''s a cushion or not....sometimes it''s hard to tell.

Thanks!

lkeys,
which ring? the first posted is a 1.55 cushion..the second..albi''s ring is 1.08 cushion in a vera wang setting..you can read all about her ring and stone
here

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
MsSalvo... what''s the status of your ring??? That Daniel K set looks amazing on your hand.
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2006 6:21:32 PM
Author: Gypsy
MsSalvo... what's the status of your ring??? That Daniel K set looks amazing on your hand.
30.gif
oh gypsy, it could be a sequel to your upcoming novel. I do love that DK though.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry msSalvo.
7.gif
What a pain. The Daniel K is... WOW. That''s the first pic I''ve seen on it on someone''s hand and it is MUCH MUCH more delicate and lovely than it looks in the big honking pictures. In fact... it looked so lovely it made me reconsider my setting (well, that pic and pokey''s Leon inspired by it). So beautiful and delicate. I like the lack of milgrain, personally.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my cushion e-ring and w-band with no milgrain.

counter shot 1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LIZ! I've never seen your set before! Link me or give me details! Who did that setting for you? It's gorgeous! So delicate... it doesn't overwhelm the beautiful cushion they way I think so many halos do!
30.gif

ETA: What size is your shank on that? It's perfect. And um... how big is that center (mm size)... and how many mm is the halo?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
AHHHH! I have seen it before. I just... um... really ADORED your old ring the east/west fat asscher with the two traps... *ducks head* so... um... I didn''t say anything even though I thought this new ring was lovely. The other is just... well, it''s almost exactly like one of my all time favorite rings-- the one in Winks gallery on here actually. That''s the one I would get if price were no object... so it was like... you had my ideal ring... and you traded it in. And the funniest thing about it is that I ADORE cushions. Strange.

But 1.5mm!!! And your cushion is bigger in terms of spread than my asscher! See I knew it! I knew I didn''t want a 2mm shank on my setting. Yours looks perfect... and your halo is probably bigger than mine will be in terms of mm size (because of your cushion dimensions) so it WILL WORK!!!! HAH! Going to go change my power point presentation right now! Awesome! Does your ring flip/ turn alot?

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy, yes, without the w-band, my ring does flip/turn a lot. It was annoying, but it never flips with the w-band.

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
How about this one?

pearlmansprops.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2006 10:22:17 PM
Author: lizz
Gypsy, yes, without the w-band, my ring does flip/turn a lot. It was annoying, but it never flips with the w-band.
Hmm... okay, well that''s what Mark at ERD said would happen if I went with 1.7. Thanks LIZ! Hope I didn''t offend with my comments about your previous ring.
23.gif

lkeys

Rough_Rock
Mssalvo,
I realized after I sent the e-mail, that you said that you tried it on and it''s a Daniel K. The setting is absolutely breathtaking!
I love the split shank, but I think that I''m staying with the simple pave bands. But, I''m always curious about what size the center diamonds are in these pictures, because I''m only at the stage of looking at loose diamonds (2 carat) and they always look so small not being in a setting.
Are you buying that setting? it is sooooo gorgeous!

angelainjapan

Rough_Rock
Here''s my HW 1.27 cushion with no milligraining.
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2006 11:16:51 PM
Author: lkeys
Mssalvo,

I realized after I sent the e-mail, that you said that you tried it on and it''s a Daniel K. The setting is absolutely breathtaking!

I love the split shank, but I think that I''m staying with the simple pave bands. But, I''m always curious about what size the center diamonds are in these pictures, because I''m only at the stage of looking at loose diamonds (2 carat) and they always look so small not being in a setting.

Are you buying that setting? it is sooooo gorgeous!

I agree, it is gorgeous. It''s in my "folder" for my upgrade but I haven''t decided 100% just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results