shape
carat
color
clarity

Next trend in Bridal Jewelry...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I'm putting bets on this mix: Traditional diamond E-ring, combined with sapphire (or sapph and diamond / or some version of a coloured stone) wedding band. See Katherine Heigl. See Sophia Bush (mixed sapphire and diamond - but engagement ring in this case)

ETA: See RT original post https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/selected-the-stone-for-e-ring-bought-the-setting-and-band-went-platinum.75828/ by Wildhawker.
35.gif

I think this is stunning! I love it. I can see more and more peices like this coming into fashion.

What are your predictions?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I hope not! That''s what I have and I like being unique!!! ah well... it is a beautiful look... as I well know!
2.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
well Sum and SDL, you''re officially TRENSET''ers!!!

3.gif

Consider it a HUGE compliment
9.gif

Yes, Sumbride I LOVE your ring! She is
emlove.gif
emlove.gif
emlove.gif
BEEeeautiful!

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve had my sapphire and diamond wedding set for almost 3 years, and I have yet to see anyone else with one. So, maybe it''s a trend that hasn''t reached my area yet. I''m almost positive I''ll never see my combo of a radiant with pears on an e-ring. I like being different!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Yes ... I agree.

My cousin just proposed to his gf over the holidays and she got a beautiful cushion cut sapphire centre stone with a diamond halo.

It''s lovely. I love sapphires.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I think the gemstone e ring is going to come back, for 2 reasons...

its the old school traditional and b) its relatively cheaper than a diamond (most of the time)

With todays economy I think people are not going to be playing around with their money and buying extravagances like they used too...

but the PS''ers dont fall under that category
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Alexis.
1.gif
Economic strain will likely prompt more people to make colored gems an option instead of going for straight up bling. And after seeing Katherine Heigl''s set, her popularity will also spawn a lot of similar wedding sets among young women.

My aunt and uncle have been married twice... to each other. They used the same wedding and e-ring set the second time around with a center RB upgrade, but she has a pretty brushed gold setting with small sapphires set onto it surrounding a center diamond. She loves the rings just as much now as she did in the 80s the first time around.
2.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I think I''ve always thought that a sapphire is a pretty traditional alternative to diamond. My MIL has a pear-shaped sapphire as an e-ring, and several of my friends/acquaintances have one as an e-ring, too. And then there''s Diana''s famous ring..blue is the color for loyalty, so it makes sense to me. When we first started looking, I wanted sapphire side stones and Bergio had one that was ALWAYS in the bridal mags. But, I think there are so many ways you can do sapphire e-rings/sapphire and diamond sets that the look will always be distinctive.

I think your prediction is RIGHT ON about celebrity rings, though - I totally squealed when I saw KH''s wedding set on the cover of a tab in the grocery line and told DH I wanted a sapphire band to stack with my w-ring (stat). He said he''d work on it, which is code for "noted, not any time soon." Oh well ;-) I love KH''s sense of style - that set is stunning!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's funny, because I just showed my DH that Kirk Kara setting last week. It's one of my inspirations. I love sapphires, don't care so much what is in fashion or on celebrities!

ETA: I think we're seeing more coloured stones on celebs because of the trends of the European royals. Just an idea, inspired by Lady Amethyst's posts of course.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mela lu! I wasn''t begging for compliments, but one of the comments I get on my ring is "it''s so different..." and I love that, so it does kind of bother me that I might see more and more around me.... but that doesn''t make me love mine any less, really. I just don''t want to lose my edge!

I do think it will be more common as it wasn''t all that difficult for me to find sapphires in semi-mounts. My wedding band was set for me, but I did see a lot of sapphire bands out there ready to go too. And blue is easy for most people to wear. Add the (generally) lower cost (and bad economy) and tradition, and bingo... they will be everywhere.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Hey Mela Lu, I decided I need to add a splash of color too! I think I can stack it with my diamond band, and it will give my set a completely different look. Since I am wanting to reset the diamond solitaire, I can't bring myself to spend $800-$1000 for a similar band from Fay Cullen, or any other jeweler that sells these similar stacking bands. You know where I scored this one...and for under $200! Can't wait to get it, so I can post hand pics! You KNOW I love getting fabulous pieces, at unbelievable prices!

2N10.jpg

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
You know, I think you may be right--one of my friends JUST proposed to his gf with---you guessed it---a diamond and sapphire ring. The center stone is diamond with sapphire side stones.

you may be on to something.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 12:53:59 PM
Author:mela lu
I'm putting bets on this mix: Traditional diamond E-ring, combined with sapphire (or sapph and diamond / or some version of a coloured stone) wedding band. See Katherine Heigl. See Sophia Bush (mixed sapphire and diamond - but engagement ring in this case)

ETA: See RT original post https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/selected-the-stone-for-e-ring-bought-the-setting-and-band-went-platinum.75828/ by Wildhawker.
35.gif

I think this is stunning! I love it. I can see more and more peices like this coming into fashion.

What are your predictions?

Jeez - I did the diamond solitaire with sapphire and diamond eternity band [3 diamonds, 3 sapphires, etc.] back in 1982 when I got married the first time [I also had a gold wedding band]! What do they say about old styles becoming new again [although I don't know if it was the style back then, I just liked the combo]. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results