shape
carat
color
clarity

newly Engaged

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It los great on your hand!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, that is beautiful, so sparkly!!! Congrats and enjoy your pretty ring!

brellymom

Shiny_Rock
I love the pics - it''s a beautiful stone and the setting is great - I love the way it just sits in it - he did a great job!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Sweet proposal and pretty ring.

sparklejoy

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your kind words!

I have a question for some of you out there. I have rather embarrassingly large knuckles (I''m sorry to say), so when I''m wearing my ring it''s fairly loose and spins an irritating amount. I think that I would like to take it down a quarter size. It slips on fairly easily. Getting it off may be be issue, but i think that it would be more comfortable when on my finger.

do any other ladies out there have my problem? Do you go for ease of removal, or lack of spins?

IMG_7022PS.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful profile! Congrats!

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Very beautiful setting and that diamond is a fireball! Congratulations on your engagement and lovely ring!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, congratulations!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring. Congratulations.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2010 1:20:59 PM
Author: sparklejoy
Thank you everyone for your kind words!

I have a question for some of you out there. I have rather embarrassingly large knuckles (I''m sorry to say), so when I''m wearing my ring it''s fairly loose and spins an irritating amount. I think that I would like to take it down a quarter size. It slips on fairly easily. Getting it off may be be issue, but i think that it would be more comfortable when on my finger.

do any other ladies out there have my problem? Do you go for ease of removal, or lack of spins?
I also have large knuckles, and I prefer my ring to just get over the knuckle with some wiggling, but not so difficult that your knuckle ends up sore and swollen after several removals in a row. One thing to remember is that when you wear your diamond ring with a wedding band, the rings will fit tighter than when worn separately. I prefer a wedding ring that has the same pattern all around, so at least that ring can spin freely. By the way, the wider my rings are, the less they spin. My rings also spin less in hot humid weather.

Beautiful solitaire, and congratulations on your engagement.

chocolatedelight

Rough_Rock
Awwww, such a sweet man, love the ring too!

sparklejoy

Rough_Rock
Author: Fly Girl
Date: 4/17/2010 1:20:59 PM
I also have large knuckles, and I prefer my ring to just get over the knuckle with some wiggling, but not so difficult that your knuckle ends up sore and swollen after several removals in a row. One thing to remember is that when you wear your diamond ring with a wedding band, the rings will fit tighter than when worn separately. I prefer a wedding ring that has the same pattern all around, so at least that ring can spin freely. By the way, the wider my rings are, the less they spin. My rings also spin less in hot humid weather.

Beautiful solitaire, and congratulations on your engagement.

Thank you FlyGirl I will certainly keep that in mind. Maybe I will wait until after the summer to see if it will need sizing. I already notice a difference in it''s tightness as I move through the month...
6.gif
and your comment about humid weather is certainly something to take into account. I hadn''t even thought about wedding bands yet! But now that you mention it... sparkly band or metal band?? Can''t wait to try some on and see!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!! It looks very sparkly. And I like the side view of the setting too. Enjoy it!
21.gif

sparklejoy

Rough_Rock
haha,

my fiance told me that when he bought the cupcake for me, he was holding the ring and looking at it. The girl at the cupcake store got really excited and told him he should put it IN the cupcake for the proposal.

FH was appalled. He said to her "Do you know how much I paid for this?? I am NOT putting it in the icing!!!"

lol. I''m glad he didn''t...

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try having your jeweler put sizing beads inside to keep the ring from spinning

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results