shape
carat
color
clarity

newly Engaged

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparklejoy

Rough_Rock
Hi there. I have been lurking on this site and shamelessly leaching all the information from it that I can get from it for ages. Two weeks ago the man who is now my future husband completely surprised me with a proposal.

I have so much enjoyed reading everybodys'' stories here. I hope you enjoy mine.

It was about early summer when my darling best friend showed me a picture of her dream engagement ring. I was astonished by the fact that I had never thought about, but from that moment on I was hooked. I''ve looked at thousands of rings. After a few months (with enthusiastic encouragement from my now MOH) I strategically left a few pictures on the corner of the desktop of my computer screen . Little did I know that my FH had already been saving for months...

Completely unbeknownst to me, he had been educating himself on diamonds and working with a (now ''his'' jeweller) to create a ring for me. The Jeweller (at Saachi and Saachi) goes to italy every month to buy diamonds, and (the way i understand it - please correct me if I''m wrong) the way it works is he buys a thousand diamonds or so for a bulk price and within that batch there are some duds and a couple amazing ones. Well after four months of searching, he called FH and said that he had found ''it''. Mike brought the pictures that he found on my computer into the shop to aid his description together they designed custom hand-wroght the setting for him.

FH reasonably frequently comes back from being out with something for me, be it pretty or yummy, and he always does the ''pick a hand'' thing, so i didn''t think anything of it when he came in the door and called out "Hunny, I have a present for you!" I was at my desk and he came up looking boyish and terribly pleased with himself with his hands behind his back and told me to pick one. Well, I said I wanted both
4.gif
and he glared at me. So I picked on and he placed a cupcake down on the desk in front of me. I love cupcakes, so I was delighted. When I turned back to kiss him and thank him he was on one knee holding a ring box open and he just said it:

"Will you marry me"

Just like that. No preamble, nothing. He said afterwards that he didn''t feel right buttering me up before asking me to marry him. He said the ring was ''sposed to do that!!

So. (I said ''yes'' obviously) without further ado, here is my ring.

.86 ct
G/H colour
SI1
Ideal cut

and that''s all I know about it...

I''m sorry I don''t know how to attach more than one photo to the post, so I''ll have to do multiple posts. (I know there''s a way cause I''ve seen it done!!)

IMG_6931 PS.jpg

sparklejoy

Rough_Rock
pic #2

IMG_6929 PS.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! it''s beautiful.

sparklejoy

Rough_Rock

IMG_6894 2 PS.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!!!! May you two have a long and happy life together!!!!!

That is one sweet proposal! And the ring is gorgeous!!!! Look at how it sparkles!!!!!
36.gif

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
What a sweet and simple proposal! I love it. That is one of the best stories that I''ve heard yet.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!
36.gif

SleepyJean98

Rough_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! Congrats!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the lovely proposal, and your perfect e-ring! It looks great on your finger!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Your rock has lots of fire!!!
30.gif
Congrats!!! It was a very sweet proposal.
36.gif

sparklejoy

Rough_Rock
aw thanks everyone for your kind words.

(I do need to amend my first post though. i didn''t notice that I had typed some fairly important numbers backwards... my diamond is .68 cts - not .86. Haha. I''m sure those of you with a trained eye can see that!)

It''s not one of the crazy big diamonds on this site, I know. But the care and love that went into it''s creation make it my most prized and precious possession.

It does sparkle like crazy though!

While I''m here I thought I''d include one more pic. I SWEAR I didn''t touch this up at ALL. The light just hit it in an incredible way when I took the picture!!
4.gif

IMG_6968 myPS2.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! It''s lovely!!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is gorgeous and that is a very sweet proposal story.
36.gif

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, SparkleJoy. Your proposal and ring are beautiful.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and classic ring
1.gif
Congrats on your engagement!

lily000

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! Beautiful sparkly ring!

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
I love the story! Your ring is beautiful! I love timeless settings. I always have said if I ever change my ring, I''m getting solitaire!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Oh what a sweet proposal and beautiful ring!! Congratulations!!
36.gif
36.gif

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, its so pretty! I love the third pic :)

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you have such a beautiful ring! Congrats!!
35.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
a cupcake and a proposal - lucky girl! :)
beautiful ring

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations to you both, it''s a beautiful classic ring
35.gif

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Perfect proposal and then a perfect ring to top it off!!! Congratulation!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved his proposal! Quick and to the point. Ask the question and pop open the ring box!

It''s just lovely. Congratulations, and many years of happiness to you both.

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, sparklejoy! Your ring is beautiful, and the proposal story is so sweet! Love it.
36.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
congratulations! love your ring!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
beautiful, congrats
30.gif
36.gif

oh and i love the pic on the cork
21.gif

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
How wonderful for you both, congratulation! I think the proposal was very sweet, as was the treat! Your ring in lovely. All the best to the both of you!

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
congratulations and what a lovely ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results