color
clarity

newbie question

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lorelei|1400025750|3672127 said:
Hi Andrey!

It's so wonderful to hear from you too, thank you so much for taking the time to touch base, I really appreciate it and your very kind words, thank you! That would be great to GTG, if you are ever in this neck of the woods, let me know and we can meet for sure. Maybe if you are ever in Antwerp you could hop across to the UK, that would be brilliant!
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:
Maybe its time you came down under Lorelei?
We have the worlds nicest snakes, crocks and spiders (as I am sure you know fro the UK news media).
It is nice to hear from you again :love:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Loreli!!! So happy to see the " mother of all pricescopers" back online! You made DF's month!!!!! Good to see Kayleigh too! :appl: :appl: Who else is gonna make an appearance???

MCAUDI

Rough_Rock
Hi Lorelei! It is good to hear from you. I always think of "pants" for bad weather.

Marcy

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1400038536|3672302 said:
Hi Loreli!!! So happy to see the " mother of all pricescopers" back online! You made DF's month!!!!! Good to see Kayleigh too! :appl: :appl: Who else is gonna make an appearance???
Maybe Alj and Mara will gang up on me again?... :lol:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MCAUDI|1400040231|3672325 said:
Hi Lorelei! It is good to hear from you. I always think of "pants" for bad weather.

Marcy

Hi Lorelei, I was going to same the same exact thing! I will never forget "pants" and all your contributions to the HLT. Those were the good old days! :wavey:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1400023328|3672095 said:
Lorelei|1400018781|3672041 said:
Dancing Fire|1399910618|3671047 said:
[quote="Gypsy|1399866475|

Sooo, you gonna buy me the rose gold Grand Complication for my BD?... :naughty:

No I am bloody well not DF, you have more simoleons than I do, you buy it then we can share it. You can wear it on your birthday once a year then I will have it the rest of the time, sounds fair to me. :tongue:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I LOVE this thread, it touches on so many important things and shows how we can all pull together and be here for something we share in common, sometimes more than one thing. It is very touching to see Lorelei come back even though I do not know you as I was sadly not here when you were here first, I do not even know why I have not found this forum before. I hope you stay with us if you like and are not burnt out, burnout can easily happen.

Wink, I too love Antwerp, I visited it in January for the first time but want to go back badly.

What Ella said makes a lot of sense and it has made me think of so many important things; there is a reason why us trade people comment less and it is at least in part due to the policies of the forum. It is hard to draw the line what is ok to post and what is not. Please understand that I am not trying to attack the policies in any way because they are there for a very good reason so it is a good thing but sometimes even if I would like to educate a poster or steer them in a direction I do not dare because I do not want to even touch on breaking any policies. The policies are there to protect everyone and ensure that vendors are not here to overtly promote themselves but this disables me from telling someone if a clarity of a certain stone concerns me, which could be educational. In other cases if a poster asks what vendor to buy from I would pick out one for them because we trade people can sometimes be very objective but we are humans too and subjective and I have nothing against telling a poster to go to a certain vendor (not me) because I really like this vendor based on posts and what they have to offer. So I think that sometimes we limit ourselves out of respect for forum rules. Also, perhaps other times trade people are just too busy. Even I get busy as I travel quite a bit and then do not contribute for days, a week, etc. I do hope other trade people stay and will contribute as that is something I really enjoy.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lorelei you and I are probably the only ones left here for now as we are in Europe.:))) We might have to wait till the evening hours to have people come back. Nice to meet you BTW! I was thinking that it would be so nice for all of us to meet at the GTG but because I joined too late this year I did not qualify to go, maybe next year, I would love to go and meet people from this forum and I love Vegas, while living in the US I used to go twice a year.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1400056821|3672416 said:
I LOVE this thread, it touches on so many important things and shows how we can all pull together and be here for something we share in common, sometimes more than one thing. It is very touching to see Lorelei come back even though I do not know you as I was sadly not here when you were here first, I do not even know why I have not found this forum before. I hope you stay with us if you like and are not burnt out, burnout can easily happen.

Wink, I too love Antwerp, I visited it in January for the first time but want to go back badly.

What Ella said makes a lot of sense and it has made me think of so many important things; there is a reason why us trade people comment less and it is at least in part due to the policies of the forum. It is hard to draw the line what is ok to post and what is not. Please understand that I am not trying to attack the policies in any way because they are there for a very good reason so it is a good thing but sometimes even if I would like to educate a poster or steer them in a direction I do not dare because I do not want to even touch on breaking any policies. The policies are there to protect everyone and ensure that vendors are not here to overtly promote themselves but this disables me from telling someone if a clarity of a certain stone concerns me, which could be educational. In other cases if a poster asks what vendor to buy from I would pick out one for them because we trade people can sometimes be very objective but we are humans too and subjective and I have nothing against telling a poster to go to a certain vendor (not me) because I really like this vendor based on posts and what they have to offer. So I think that sometimes we limit ourselves out of respect for forum rules. Also, perhaps other times trade people are just too busy. Even I get busy as I travel quite a bit and then do not contribute for days, a week, etc. I do hope other trade people stay and will contribute as that is something I really enjoy.

It's great to meet you OVi, I hope you don't mind but I do tend to have nicknames for many of the PS community and unless you object, OVi you will be to me! I am really touched that you would know who I am even though I haven't posted for a very long time and it just proves what a special place Pricescope is. That's why so many of us stuck around for such a long time and even pop in from time to time!

Just my thoughts and I am really out of the loupe ( heh!) here, but I think having tradespeople comment here is extremely valuable and I hope you do give your input where possible OVi. It can be a fine line to tread for vendors but it's so worth the navigation for all concerned I believe. I hear you with the travelling and life in general just intruding when you would like to post more but we would love to hear your thoughts and I can tell just from a short interaction with you that the community would definitely benefit from hearing more from you as I think you would be a great source of help and information and have a bit of fun along the way! You ' get it' with the forum policies, the reasons why they exist and as a result, you I am sure are doing brilliantly! My feeling was and is this. Team Pricescope is dependant on everyone pulling together and the expertise of vendors plays a huge part in keeping some reality in a virtual world, it's easy to lose sight of that in a sea of number crunching and imagery, without the input from you chaps, new knowledge, old knowledge and new technologies, thoughts and experiences we could stagnate. We all bring different things to the table and the vendors are an extremely important and valued part of the community. So keep participating, I believe you are needed and appreciated! :wavey:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei!!!!! :love: :wavey: :love: :wavey:

I got to admit, I love how everyone here took the lemons of a couple of trolls crapping on us and turned it into lemonade. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ah Lorelei why have you ever left? I can tell you really are my kind of a person. You have such a big heart but I also know people like that get burnt out easier. What you wrote to me was incredibly touching, I have never gotten such a warm welcome. It goes to show us that this is such a great forum and the majority of people are really wonderful here, we have to remember that there will always be some rotten apples and sometimes even the admins cannot protect the rest. I just hope you get to stay this time around but of course do what feels best to you right now. If you want to come back slowly that is great too but hopefully nothing or no person will make you leave for good. There are times in life when we have to stay away, I surely understand that. I will try to live up to your expectations and contribute as much as I can.:)))

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Andelain I love that, let's make more lemonade:)))

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1400043379|3672358 said:
Maybe Alj and Mara will gang up on me again?... :lol:

Yeah, like you didn't love that DF....Nothing like a little Mara/ Alj treatment giving you some well deserved grief! :bigsmile: xoxoxoxo

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OVincze|1400056821|3672416 said:
<Snip>

Hey OVi, (Nice nickname for him Lorelei!), it's not too hard and the mods here are pretty cool about letting you know when you get too close to the line without doing the ton of bricks imitation. I you are answering a question with factual input you are going to most likely be okay, and if you are correcting a misstatement you are okay.

If you aren't sure, you can always send your proposed post to Ella or Andrey and ask. They are good people and are happy to give you guidance while you are learning the ropes.

Welcome to Pricescope, it is a great place.

Wink

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Wink,

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I can now tell you that you are one whose posts I really enjoy and I admire your work and love your stones. Hope this is ok to say.:))) My work is in the same field so I am definitely not trying to get any commissions or the like here.:))) Ah and let me share with you all that OVi, haha it is really cute, I forget to comment on it that I like it a lot is actually a she. Thanks for all the advice and yes I have talked to Ella and I think she is very nice, so if I am ever in doubt I will check with her.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hiya April, it's brilliant to see you again, how are you??? What a lovely compliment, I am sure it isn't deserved but thank you, I do love and miss you all so much, you are ALL special to me and it's a beautiful thing to know I too am special to some of you! It was also fantastic to see my lovely Kaleigh here, wouldn't it be great if some of the other old posters would make an appearance too...There are so many I miss but I am lucky to still be in contact with some and have been in person. It's also a pleasure to see so many old friends still here, so many wonderful memories...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha! There goes the old saying about assuming... :tongue: OVi, I really thought you were a bloke but never mind, it just means I will end up calling you something like OVi - kins when we get to know each other better, poor Erika from admin ( Coatikins) can tell you something about my fondness for embellishing names! She has had to put up with enough of it from me over the years.... :naughty:

Just to echo Wink OVi, the mods here are really kewl in PS speak, so never worry about posting the wrong thing or checking with them, they are always happy to help and value your contribution. I can see you are obviously getting the hang of this perfectly and I hope from that, it will encourage other new vendors to partake in the conversations.

Hehe - glad you got a kick out of that one Sir Wink! :saint:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
ROFL and everyone always thought I was a girlie girl but it must be my strong personality.:))) Now I am really enjoying this forum, it has become personal so to speak, I am getting to know some of the very nice people here at least on a virtual level. I have been lurking here a lot but see Lorelei how friendly this entire thread has become in a large part due to your contribution? You make the entire environment very welcoming and people are hopefully not afraid to contribute, I know I am not. Well, I have tried helping others and just enjoying this forum and I am sure we all make mistakes initially as we are not sure what we should say or not but our personalities definitely influence our posts no matter what.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1400068443|3672477 said:
ROFL and everyone always thought I was a girlie girl but it must be my strong personality.:))) Now I am really enjoying this forum, it has become personal so to speak, I am getting to know some of the very nice people here at least on a virtual level. I have been lurking here a lot but see Lorelei how friendly this entire thread has become in a large part due to your contribution? You make the entire environment very welcoming and people are hopefully not afraid to contribute, I know I am not. Well, I have tried helping others and just enjoying this forum and I am sure we all make mistakes initially as we are not sure what we should say or not but our personalities definitely influence our posts no matter what.

OVi, that's fantastic to know that I can be of use in that way, thank you! I know what you mean, with some forums it can be intimidating seeing the regulars interact with ease and especially in an environment like PS, it can take some courage to want to stick your head above the relative safety of the parapet and post, but that it can be so worthwhile. The core posters here are such a lovely bunch and were all, myself included, noobs once and apart from very rare exception,were a joy and complete asset to the forum. I remember my first tentative steps into posting here almost 10 years ago, I was terrified, but I persevered and tried my best to translate potentially complex info into a user friendly format. The feedback I got was good, so I kept on and thoroughly enjoyed it. Some fantastic times were The Holidays, we would start getting busy around Thanksgiving for Holiday proposals, the consumer team were up for a challenge and we were firing off tailor made posts helping complete strangers from dawn till dusk and sometimes the hours in between. There were many posts to answer and people to help, the atmosphere was fantastic, the feedback from happy people tremendous, it was well worth doing and we had a great time! As I said above, everyone brings something unique to the table and I always tried my best to encourage that, I have found Pricescope to be unique in as much as you had a group of people from all walks of life, cultures etc all coming together and helping out just for the fun and joy of it, that's pretty special!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Marcy, goodness, I missed you! I hope you are well and that you are still working out? I am doing Pilates now, it's REALLY hard at times and my trainer is a brute, but I am loving the results. We had fun on that thread didn't we, I miss it too, Monnie, Tgal, Rod, Dee, Mara and those that would pop in and out.

Monnie!!! Hugs! I still moan the weather is completely pants when it rains, it makes me smile to think I am remembered too for such a confusing term - what does Lorelei mean when she says the weather is like a pair of pants....For the benefit of US readers not familiar with my English terms, although pants means trousers in US speak, in the UK it means underwear, generally a scruffy old pair of underclothing! So if I ever referred to something as being totally pants for example, I was alluding to something being rubbish - for example - English weather is often pants ( wet and miserable).

Ande - for sure and thanks for that, it's the only way to fly!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ovi; I thought you were a dude also! I would love to see some of your work and know more about you!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
AprilBaby|1400082360|3672606 said:
Ovi; I thought you were a dude also! I would love to see some of your work and know more about you!

For sure, young lady, find the thread where we vendors were allowed to post one picture of one of our favorite pieces and share a little bit about yourself.

(See, we Grandpas know how to treat a lady!)

Wink

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Now you guys, you are really cracking me up... I can assure you that I am a girl, or well, maybe no longer a girl but a woman, there must be something about how I am communicating.:))) I was thinking about actually adding a picture of myself but those who want to see me can on my homepage, I am not hiding.:)))

Hello again Wink, nice to hear from you! I actually did post on the thread yesterday but I was thinking people can me under my profile, I know that was how I checked you out Wink.:))) My homepage I am adding a lot of work to still but it is at least up already.

Oh and since I posted on the cat picture thread now you can be sure that I am a woman.:)))

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just got to see it, nice piece it is too.

Wink

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please add a link to your site on your tag line! I think I saw your name and it looks like Vince so I assumed you were a guy. I checked your lovely necklace on the other thread, gorgeous! Like I said there, tell us a bit about yourself and your specialty. We need more great vendors to choose from!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Now I tell you guys you made my day; Wink what a compliment coming from you! I thank you and Aprilbaby from the bottom of my heart. Yeah this username is so stupid because my last name is Vincze and my first name is Orsolya, how who can ever pronounce that? I should just use a nickname but it will be OVi now:))) I would love to tell you guys more about me as a person and why I love gemstones and jewelry and what interests me but then as I have said I think Ella might just bite my head off for that.:)))

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OVincze|1400084458|3672639 said:
Now I tell you guys you made my day; Wink what a compliment coming from you! I thank you and Aprilbaby from the bottom of my heart. Yeah this username is so stupid because my last name is Vincze and my first name is Orsolya, how who can ever pronounce that? I should just use a nickname but it will be OVi now:))) I would love to tell you guys more about me as a person and why I love gemstones and jewelry and what interests me but then as I have said I think Ella might just bite my head off for that.:)))

Welcome Ms. Orsolya.

You are permitted to share a favorite piece in this thread.
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-your-one-favorite-piece-a-little-fun.200034/

And if you navigate above the PS banner, top left, to "Welcome,..." then under the banner to "Your Account" > "Edit" - You can add a signature with your name, or OVi (thanks Lorelei) or anything you like... As well as a link to your website.

By the way, I think your name is beautiful. Hungarian?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and since I posted on the cat picture thread now you can be sure that I am a woman.:)))[/quote]

OVi, I KNEW I liked you, I am a proud Mum of 19 cats.... :bigsmile: I will have to get spun up on everything and check out the cat picture thread, I would need a whole forum for all the pics of mine.... :oops:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="Wink

(See, we Grandpas know how to treat a lady!)

Wink[/quote]

You always did Sir Wink. I would hit a ' Like' button for that statement, if we had one that is....

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lorelie are you sure can outdo me as far as animals go?:))) I better post a website of my cats... now I am a newly made dog rescuer too. I am beating myself up over that as not one person told me a puppy is harder than say ten cats. You are never bored that is for sure.

I really cannot believe how kind people are here. John thanks so very much for helping me, I must admit I am not the best at figuring out technical things but then I am a woman.:))) What a nice compliment about my name! I had to change it when I lived in the US but yes it is Hungarian and Hungarian is definitely not an easy language.

You are all treating me great and yes Wink knows how to treat a lady but I would not call you a grandpa Wink, you may be one but you surely do not look like one and are young in spirit.

Now you guys should tell me about these emoticons, why can't I find them on here? I wanted to see that rodent one you were talking about Lorelei, that made me laugh for hours.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results