carat
color
clarity

newbie question

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
teobdl|1399857469|3670738 said:
A number of very helpful posters from the past have also been banned. I won't mention any names, and I'm not wishing to stir up controversy, but just stating a fact to help respond to Pyramid's observation. The archives don't lie.

I, too, hope that no "independent" posters are making commission. But unless I hear otherwise, I do assume that PS in almost certainly making one, though. I have many friends who have blogs w/ agreements from vendors like J Crew, Madewell, William Sonoma (or Sur la Table?), etc. whereby if you click on a link and buy anything on the site in that session, the blog owner gets a portion of the sale, flat rate or commission, depending on the agreement. It's quite standard these days.
How much can I make on a $20K diamond?... :Up_to_something:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pyramid|1399826266|3670412 said:
Oh and since many of you were not here at that time, does anyone here know why hundreds left because of version 2. Not a conspiracy theory, just a question unanswered? Was it because those helping vendors could no longer answer questions so they left?

Anyone know why Lorelei left????

I was here then. And yes, I know the reasons why many of the old posters left. And I'm still friends with quite a few of them... just off the boards.

For Lorelei particularly, to my knowledge there was a poster, now banned, that ended up betraying her and that lead to her leaving. And no, I am not going to give any more detail than that.

Does that satisfy your "curiosity"? I certainly hope so because frankly NONE of that is ANY of your business. Just because people post here doesn't mean you are entitled to know what their reasons are when they leave. And just because several of them leave in a several month period doesn't mean there is a cabal or conspiracy.

One poster I personally loved happened to let some information leak, as we all do, that enabled another poster to figure out who she is in real life and then that poster (also now banned) basically stalked her in real life. It was very scary.

Two people is a partnership or a friendship. Three is politics.

It is very hard to be here long term and help people. And it's easy to make both friend and enemies on here.

I mean shoot, look at your own posts in this thread. You managed to offend a bunch of people and have yet to apologize or even imply that you did anything wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if you people who really had no opinion of you one way or another now see you as someone they will avoid. Enough posts like that... and you might drive someone off who has better things to do with their time than sit here and be insulted.

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
This has been an interesting and illuminating thread for a historical perspective. As a Newbie myself, I'm so grateful there's a community like this to learn about diamonds and lust after everyone's jewelry and get inspiration. I feel like I've done pretty well prior to PS for diamond purchasing, but I'm sure to make even better choices now. I feel so much more knowledgable and comfortable, not that I still wouldn't benefit from expert posters' advice! It's wonderful that the regulars have such generosity of spirit to help us Newbs get it right, especially those looking for first time ERs. I've spent many months now first lurking, then tentatively posting and it's been super fun for a stay at home mom! I have a second baby at home who naps twice a day, so I have quiet time to spend :) Doing dishes and vacuuming aren't options :) And I'm kinda bored with the mommy blogs now that I have a second, although they are very helpful too at times. I have to admit, PS has been a wonderful outlet for me during this past winter vortex. So, again, thank you to everyone who keeps this forum going and so lively :sun: Peace!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="Gypsy|1399866475|
For Lorelei particularly, to my knowledge there was a poster, now banned, that ended up betraying her and that lead to her leaving. And no, I am not going to give any more detail than that.

[/quote]

No one tells me anything ... ;( I miss my Brit gf.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I cannot speak for those who have left as I was not here and I cannot tell what it was like before but I can only say that I do love this forum very much and find this to be the best forum on jewelry and diamonds. That is why I am here and while healthy criticism is good and constructive, hatred is not. I have nothing against popular vendors on here either as I honestly like a few of them, agree with a lot of things other trade people say here and differing opinions can be very interesting too. Without mentioning names I definitely admire the work of some and even love some websites and jewelry/diamonds a few trade people on this forum sell. Just because I am in this trade does not make me hate others that also love and do what I do. Much can be learnt from each other; both professionally and on a personal level and many have been there well before me both on this forum and in this trade. Let's respect each other.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pyramid has been participating for more than a decade here. I fondly remember our dialogues from the mid-2000s as JohnQuixote.

I asked Lorelei on your behalf, since we're in-touch via social media.

First, she asked me to say "Hiyya Pyrrie!"

Knowing others might enjoy hearing from her, I asked if she would like to pass on greetings and thoughts.

Per Lorelei: "At the time 4 years ago when I stopped posting, I had a pony struck with foot and other related health issues, I have had to devote a lot of my time to care for him physically and research his health problems as new information on these conditions are coming out all the time, I am kept busy reading and learning to help him. PS was also moving in a different direction than I wanted to go as a regularly contributing poster and because of that too, I felt it best to stand aside. I had worked hard on PS for almost 5 years when I left, I had produced thousands of posts and I was a bit burnt out, I needed to concentrate my thoughts elsewhere. I am sorry if that caused anyone to worry, that wasn't my intention. I am well and flourishing, caring for my animals, doing Pilates and playing the piano a lot, so plenty to keep me busy but who knows, maybe one day I might pop up on PS again, never say never!''

The above makes me smile. Lorelei was a unique and gifted contributor who influenced the entire character of Pricescope, as much as she provided adept guidance. She's remains a great lady with a heart of gold. What's more, in perfect Lorelei character, if disappointments in people or personalities influenced decisions back then, she's above it in her greetings today. Ultimately I read the "why" as simple: Sometimes life moves on.

Fortunately, the forum has continued to attract diamond enthusiasts who stay to learn, and are generous with their time.

It's true that participation from professionals has diminished since the mid-2000s, but it’s still in evidence: Wink kindly named some long-time tradespeople who continue to post. There are new pros surfacing to contribute now. And while the daily dialogue doesn’t always touch-on Facet Yaw, Painting, ETAS or stereovision :lickout: I don’t think Pricescope lacks inspiration and input from trade professionals, when that inspiration is sought-after.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
John Pollard|1400001157|3671785 said:
Pyramid has been participating for more than a decade here. I fondly remember our dialogues from the mid-2000s as JohnQuixote.

I asked Lorelei on your behalf, since we're in-touch via social media.

First, she asked me to say "Hiyya Pyrrie!"

Knowing others might enjoy hearing from her, I asked if she would like to pass on greetings and thoughts.

Per Lorelei: "At the time 4 years ago when I stopped posting, I had a pony struck with foot and other related health issues, I have had to devote a lot of my time to care for him physically and research his health problems as new information on these conditions are coming out all the time, I am kept busy reading and learning to help him. PS was also moving in a different direction than I wanted to go as a regularly contributing poster and because of that too, I felt it best to stand aside. I had worked hard on PS for almost 5 years when I left, I had produced thousands of posts and I was a bit burnt out, I needed to concentrate my thoughts elsewhere. I am sorry if that caused anyone to worry, that wasn't my intention. I am well and flourishing, caring for my animals, doing Pilates and playing the piano a lot, so plenty to keep me busy but who knows, maybe one day I might pop up on PS again, never say never!''

The above makes me smile. Lorelei was a unique and gifted contributor who influenced the entire character of Pricescope, as much as she provided adept guidance. She's remains a great lady with a heart of gold. What's more, in perfect Lorelei character, if disappointments in people or personalities influenced decisions back then, she's above it in her greetings today. Ultimately I read the "why" as simple: Sometimes life moves on.

Fortunately, the forum has continued to attract diamond enthusiasts who stay to learn, and are generous with their time.

It's true that participation from professionals has diminished since the mid-2000s, but it’s still in evidence: Wink kindly named some long-time tradespeople who continue to post. There are new pros surfacing to contribute now. And while the daily dialogue doesn’t always touch-on Facet Yaw, Painting, ETAS or stereovision :lickout: I don’t think Pricescope lacks inspiration and input from trade professionals, when that inspiration is sought-after.[/quote

I think she is the best of the best. I have been great friends with her for gosh 10 years now?? She is true blue and what happened to her was unjust and really hurtfull to the PS community as as whole. She and I talk all the time, and I hope she can ease back when she wants.. But what happened to her was cray cray... And I went on full on defense of her... She is PS to me.. :)) ;)) :love:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
She's a class act. A lovely woman. One that has given so much of her time to this site. Am lucky to know her well, and think she is awesome!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hiya Pyrrie, Gypsy, my American BF, Ty and any others that remember me/ :wavey:

Many thanks to my esteemed Sir John for alerting me to this thread and for very kindly posting a few words on my behalf, I appreciate it Sir! * curtseys*

I just wanted to expound on the words John posted on my behalf, as there was some interest and a wee bit of speculation as to my disappearance, I just wanted to, as they say, set the record straight.

My withdrawal from PS had nothing to do with any one person or anything that happened behind the scenes, my decision to stop participating at the time was due to a number of reasons which I will elaborate on a little further if I may. In hindsight, I should maybe have maybe said something to the community but I didn't want to end up having more comebacks than Frank Sinatra! :lol: As John mentioned above, when I stopped posting 4 years ago ( I think) I started having problems with one of my ponies, it was a struggle to deal with his health problems and new information was coming out all the time, his health issues were and are presenting a challenge. As the situation was dangerous, I wanted to devote all my time and thought processes to helping him, with these conditions, it's rather like piecing together a puzzle and finding the various triggers that make things worse for him, so I was busy researching. I didn't want any other distractions as I wanted to devote all my energy to helping him, so I stopped posting with the intention of just taking a break. Then my Husband started a new job and before I knew it, so much time had passed and I was out of the routine of posting and felt things were just fine without me anyway. More time went on and I was asked if I would return, I did for a few posts but at that time, I realized I was a bit burnt out still. There was no conscious decision to '' leave'', it just happened that life at that time took a different turn and I had other priorities. As Sir John mentions, sometimes life moves on, it was that simple.

I just wanted to say to Proto? that started this thread, that I was not ever affiliated with any of the vendors or paid for my work here, any help I gave others was on a purely voluntary basis. I did hold the title of Pricescope Prosumer and I remain proud to be the first ever poster chosen for that honour, but that title denoted status within these forums only.

I can perhaps understand why some might wonder, why would someone spend so much of their time posting * hopefully* useful information about diamonds without getting paid for it...? I can only answer for myself of course, but I found helping others here incredibly rewarding, that was payment enough. The diamond world can be a veritable minefield for the unwary with vast amounts of money at stake, my motives and I truly believe the motives of other posters here, is to help others. We have been in every newbie's shoes, we had a sum of money to spend, wanted the best we could get for it, but had not a clue on how to achieve our goals, especially on realizing just how much knowledge was available..... :errrr: But our friendly PS Geek Squad would be there waiting to take bewildered noobs by their soon to be sparkly hands and guide them every step of the way, or just part of it if that is what was desired. Some grateful noobs even decided to stay and pay it forward, and many years later, some still patrol the boards, ever willing to assist, the greatest reward being a happy shout out to their PS mentor from a newly engaged couple and perhaps a hand shot or two of their beautiful new Finger Blinger ( source- John Quixote Pollard circa 2008) :mrgreen: You find these helpful mentors on every forum, cars, watches, boats and so on, all with a common goal - to be of service. For me, it was truly that simple and I was glad to be able to do so, to help others find the diamond of their dreams, often for less money than they thought or they ended up with a bigger stone that they ever thought they could get, simply by knowing what to look for.

As those that remember me will see, I am as long winded as ever :lol: , some things don't change! It's wonderful to interact with some of you again, it's nice to be remembered and missed perhaps just a little!

I just wanted to add, I have met many special people through Pricescope, you all know who you are. But I have to take this opportunity to give Kaleigh a public shout out. K you are a true lady and are hands down, one of my most favourite people in this world. You are loyal, loving, funny and completely brilliant, Pricescope gave me many wonderful gifts, but you have to be the best!!!!!

xoxoxoxo

PS - where's my favourite rodent toothed emotie????????????????????????? :angryfire:

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a wonderful surprise, seeing you post again.

I shall sleep better this evening for having "visited" with an old friend. I hope you come by more often now and share your wisdom with us when it moves you.

Wink

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink|1400013902|3671963 said:

I shall sleep better this evening for having "visited" with an old friend. I hope you come buy more often now and share your wisdom with us when it moves you.

Wink

Oh Wink, how lovely of you to say so, it's good to see you my friend!! Thank you so much for your kind words, I will definitely try to pop in now and then and not be a stranger, the community has always remained a very special family to me even after all this time.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love you with all my heart!!! :love:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jeez Pyramid and GeorgeStevens, what a way to shame and shit on those of us who post here often? Mentally ill? Schilling? Useless free advice?

I am a teacher by nature and by profession. I enjoy teaching about diamonds. I racked up most of my posts when I was on my two maternity leaves (two years home with babies). This was my social outlet. It still is. I am typing this now as I am taking a break from writing an academic manuscript, which is a job that takes a lot of mental energy. Providing free advice is much less draining but still offers the rewards of feeling helpful. Imagine that! I and others here feel GOOD when we help people? Isn't that a nice contrast from those of you who obviously feel good by taking others down a peg.

And now I am even more mad that I wrote this defensive post, as if I need to explain my years of voluntary help to a few critical and judgmental people. But as always, I know the silent masses are also reading. So I'll leave this post for those who may care to read it and to speak for all my PS friends who will not post here but who are nevertheless offended and hurt by the tone of this thread.

On another note: Lorelei it's so nice to see you! I am sorry that you returned only to defend yourself from wild speculation and accusations :nono: I hope you are well and I miss you!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The transition from PS1 to PS2 meant PS was closed for long periods and had a lot of bugs. I think a lot of old-time posters migrated to various private FB groups at that time and liked it better. They are there now and continue to help each other select diamonds, and oogle one another's diamonds. In privacy.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei you and Ellen and Karl were my mentors and I miss you very much.

If life moves you to come back this way, I know many of us (including me) will be jumping for joy.

Take care, and I'll see you around!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1400014511|3671979 said:
Jeez Pyramid and GeorgeStevens, what a way to shame and shit on those of us who post here often? Mentally ill? Schilling? Useless free advice?

And now I am even more mad that I wrote this defensive post, as if I need to explain my years of voluntary help to a few critical and judgmental people. But as always, I know the silent masses are also reading. So I'll leave this post for those who may care to read it and to speak for all my PS friends who will not post here but who are nevertheless offended and hurt by the tone of this thread.

Dreamer I think your post was great and said much more skillfully what I know I, and I am sure others, wanted to say. So thanks for giving voice to your thoughts, and please don't be mad at yourself.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei!!!

I think of you every time I post in the Healthy Lifestyle Thread (formerly the weekly workout thread), although few of my posts have to do with any sort of healthy lifestyle any more! :cheeky:

Hope all is well and biggest hugs across the pond to you!!! :wavey:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei|1400012998|3671948 said:
Hiya Pyrrie, Gypsy, my American BF, Ty and any others that remember me/ :wavey:

Many thanks to my esteemed Sir John for alerting me to this thread and for very kindly posting a few words on my behalf, I appreciate it Sir! * curtseys*

I just wanted to expound on the words John posted on my behalf, as there was some interest and a wee bit of speculation as to my disappearance, I just wanted to, as they say, set the record straight.

My withdrawal from PS had nothing to do with any one person or anything that happened behind the scenes, my decision to stop participating at the time was due to a number of reasons which I will elaborate on a little further if I may. In hindsight, I should maybe have maybe said something to the community but I didn't want to end up having more comebacks than Frank Sinatra! :lol: As John mentioned above, when I stopped posting 4 years ago ( I think) I started having problems with one of my ponies, it was a struggle to deal with his health problems and new information was coming out all the time, his health issues were and are presenting a challenge. As the situation was dangerous, I wanted to devote all my time and thought processes to helping him, with these conditions, it's rather like piecing together a puzzle and finding the various triggers that make things worse for him, so I was busy researching. I didn't want any other distractions as I wanted to devote all my energy to helping him, so I stopped posting with the intention of just taking a break. Then my Husband started a new job and before I knew it, so much time had passed and I was out of the routine of posting and felt things were just fine without me anyway. More time went on and I was asked if I would return, I did for a few posts but at that time, I realized I was a bit burnt out still. There was no conscious decision to '' leave'', it just happened that life at that time took a different turn and I had other priorities. As Sir John mentions, sometimes life moves on, it was that simple.

I just wanted to say to Proto? that started this thread, that I was not ever affiliated with any of the vendors or paid for my work here, any help I gave others was on a purely voluntary basis. I did hold the title of Pricescope Prosumer and I remain proud to be the first ever poster chosen for that honour, but that title denoted status within these forums only.

I can perhaps understand why some might wonder, why would someone spend so much of their time posting * hopefully* useful information about diamonds without getting paid for it...? I can only answer for myself of course, but I found helping others here incredibly rewarding, that was payment enough. The diamond world can be a veritable minefield for the unwary with vast amounts of money at stake, my motives and I truly believe the motives of other posters here, is to help others. We have been in every newbie's shoes, we had a sum of money to spend, wanted the best we could get for it, but had not a clue on how to achieve our goals, especially on realizing just how much knowledge was available..... :errrr: But our friendly PS Geek Squad would be there waiting to take bewildered noobs by their soon to be sparkly hands and guide them every step of the way, or just part of it if that is what was desired. Some grateful noobs even decided to stay and pay it forward, and many years later, some still patrol the boards, ever willing to assist, the greatest reward being a happy shout out to their PS mentor from a newly engaged couple and perhaps a hand shot or two of their beautiful new Finger Blinger ( source- John Quixote Pollard circa 2008) :mrgreen: You find these helpful mentors on every forum, cars, watches, boats and so on, all with a common goal - to be of service. For me, it was truly that simple and I was glad to be able to do so, to help others find the diamond of their dreams, often for less money than they thought or they ended up with a bigger stone that they ever thought they could get, simply by knowing what to look for.

As those that remember me will see, I am as long winded as ever :lol: , some things don't change! It's wonderful to interact with some of you again, it's nice to be remembered and missed perhaps just a little!

I just wanted to add, I have met many special people through Pricescope, you all know who you are. But I have to take this opportunity to give Kaleigh a public shout out. K you are a true lady and are hands down, one of my most favourite people in this world. You are loyal, loving, funny and completely brilliant, Pricescope gave me many wonderful gifts, but you have to be the best!!!!!

xoxoxoxo

PS - where's my favourite rodent toothed emotie????????????????????????? :angryfire:
You taught me well. Need to give back.. Thank you for being YOU.. xxooo

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1399910618|3671047 said:

No one tells me anything ... ;( I miss my Brit gf.[/quote]

I miss my American BF too.... :love: The question is this....how much do you miss me DF??? You had better start saving because I MUST have this....pretty please with sugar on top.... :wacko:

http://www.patekphilippe.com/contents/default/en/allmodels.html

Blast, the link went to the home page. Check out the rose gold Grand Complication, that's the one!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
A number of very helpful posters from the past have also been banned. I won't mention any names, and I'm not wishing to stir up controversy, but just stating a fact to help respond to Pyramid's observation. The archives don't lie.

To clarify, anyone who has been banned has refused to follow policies over and over again. We give warnings. We give time outs. We give many chances to make things right if someone is trying.

It takes a lot of work to be banned here, so please do not let rumors fuel why people have left. There are very few people who have been permanently banned by us.

Those who have been banned by us were banned for very good reasons.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do we have a big group hug emotie anywhere? I am sending my girls a big hug, Dreamer, Gypsy and Dee, love you all lots, how wonderful to '' see'' you! I do think of you all often and wonder how you are doing, this is so great to know I have been missed a little, the PS folk are very special! I am glad to see you are all happy and still posting, Dreamer, I hope the children are doing well, Gypsy, the kitties are flourishing and Dee, I hope the pups are still up to their funny antics! Dee, I had to have a new battery in my car a few weeks ago and do you know who I thought of? You! I seem to remember a post from years back when we were trying to use our analytical skillz to find out what was wrong with your car :lol: , it turned out to be the battery. Funny the things you think of but it just shows how fondly we can remember each other.

K, your joy is mine, always! xoxoxoxo

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We also want to make clear that if we find out a user is receiving any kind of kickbacks, they ARE permanently banned, no exceptions.

This has happened in the past, but it is very rare. Most of our posters enjoy helping others and most importantly enjoy diamonds. :))

Lorelei, nice to see you! :wavey:

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lorelei|1400014144|3671969 said:
Wink|1400013902|3671963 said:

I shall sleep better this evening for having "visited" with an old friend. I hope you come buy more often now and share your wisdom with us when it moves you.

Wink

Oh Wink, how lovely of you to say so, it's good to see you my friend!! Thank you so much for your kind words, I will definitely try to pop in now and then and not be a stranger, the community has always remained a very special family to me even after all this time.

That will make so many of us happy if you can come back more often.

It is one of the amazing things about the Internet that we can have so many friends from lands where we never have been or even if we have been may never get back to again. Now that I have grand children I doubt that I will ever take enough time away from them to do it.

Well, Dang, I started this some time ago, way over an hour ago and the pesky phone rang, and then rang again. I am sure there are many replies to your post by now, you are going to be like a breath of fresh air to so many of us.

Wink, who like so many others will thank John for reaching out to you!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Ella, it's lovely to see you! I hope you are doing well! Please tell Andrey and Garry I said hi and cooee to Coatikins! :appl: :wavey:

Wink, you were always such a darling! I hope you can come to the UK again sometime, if you do we can definitely meet up, maybe JP can get you to come along on his next trip across the pond and we can ' do' London like John P, Hubby and I did a few years back. We had the most wonderful day, did some touristy stuff, walked for miles, hopped on and off the tubes and met the wonderful Indira Marchant too, fantastic memories and a day I will never forget.

Also, congrats on the grandchildren Wink, I can imagine you have this Grandfathering thing down to a fine art! I am delighted for you!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lorelei|1400020622|3672068 said:
Hey Ella, it's lovely to see you! I hope you are doing well! Please tell Andrey and Garry I said hi and cooee to Coatikins! :appl: :wavey:

Wink, you were always such a darling! I hope you can come to the UK again sometime, if you do we can definitely meet up, maybe JP can get you to come along on his next trip across the pond and we can ' do' London like John P, Hubby and I did a few years back. We had the most wonderful day, did some touristy stuff, walked for miles, hopped on and off the tubes and met the wonderful Indira Marchant too, fantastic memories and a day I will never forget.

Also, congrats on the grandchildren Wink, I can imagine you have this Grandfathering thing down to a fine art! I am delighted for you!

One of the few places I intend to travel to again is Antwerp. That is like at least ten or fifteen minutes from England, it looks like maybe even less on the map... (Kidding, even we Yanks know it is at least a half hour!)

I actually did get to Scotland with my daughter several years ago when I took her to study gemology with Alan Hodgkinson at his residence in West Killbride by the Sea. Then we went on to Antwerp and bought diamonds. It was a wonderful trip and I think I need to see England next time I go to Antwerp. She won a lot of hearts in both Scotland and Antwerp. One of my friends there told me I need to be more like her. (He is right too!)

Maybe we can get John and I there at the same time and pull a group good time together.

Wink

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think this is in a way a reconnecting thread??? Look at all that want to hear from you and those connecting with other's.
LOVE this. Happy dance.. :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei|1400018781|3672041 said:
Dancing Fire|1399910618|3671047 said:

No one tells me anything ... ;( I miss my Brit gf.

I miss my American BF too.... :love: The question is this....how much do you miss me DF??? You had better start saving because I MUST have this....pretty please with sugar on top.... :wacko:

http://www.patekphilippe.com/contents/default/en/allmodels.html

Blast, the link went to the home page. Check out the rose gold Grand Complication, that's the one![/quote]

WOW! What a big pleasant surprise :!:.. my Brit gf is still alive?... :lol: ..Don't be a stranger b/c we all missed you very much.. :wavey:
Sooo, you gonna buy me the rose gold Grand Complication for my BD?... :naughty:

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I, too, hope that no "independent" posters are making commission. But unless I hear otherwise, I do assume that PS in almost certainly making one, though. I have many friends who have blogs w/ agreements from vendors like J Crew, Madewell, William Sonoma (or Sur la Table?), etc. whereby if you click on a link and buy anything on the site in that session, the blog owner gets a portion of the sale, flat rate or commission, depending on the agreement. It's quite standard these days.

Dear all:

Pricescope has never made sales commissions from the diamonds we list. We are paid for banner ads and listing the inventories of our valued sponsors.

Teobdl is correct to point out ‘affiliate’ websites. Most of these sites use blogging, vendor-reviews and key search words to attract traffic. They can appear to be giving “free advice” but they are working to make $$$, paid by a parent-vendor when web-cookies indicate you came from that blog-site and/or making sales-commissions based on how much you spend there.

Pricescope pre-dates those models. Our listing fees cost vendors far less, and consumer posters have your interests in mind, not their own.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Lorelei|1400020622|3672068 said:

Hello Lorelei,

It is so wonderful to see you post. I am glad to hear you are doing well.

You have been truly missed and not just by me but also by the community as a whole. You have always been a part of it and always will be. Your are an amazing person and have always been someone who embodies the Pricescope community spirit of helping each other.

I will have to see about tagging along with John and Wink to meet you in person. :bigsmile:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Andrey!

It's so wonderful to hear from you too, thank you so much for taking the time to touch base, I really appreciate it and your very kind words, thank you! That would be great to GTG, if you are ever in this neck of the woods, let me know and we can meet for sure. Maybe if you are ever in Antwerp you could hop across to the UK, that would be brilliant!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results