shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie has asscher and WF questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marie21403

Rough_Rock
Hi! I have been lurking and trying to do some pre-engagement research the past couple months, and now I have officially been given the go-ahead from the bf to start looking! I already know what I want, which is usually half the battle, but now it''s just a matter of finding it at the right price!

I want an asscher cut diamond in a platinum solitaire setting with claw prongs (similar to harlowqueen''s HW ring: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/harry-winston-ering.15007/). Regarding the setting, I want to have it custom made because I want it to be thin (2-2.5mm), I want the diamond set high, and I want the head of the setting to be as open as possible. I have heard a lot of people on the board using WF for custom settings, but I am concerned about using an online vendor for something so costly. My bf was even more freaked out when I told him using WF for the setting would all be done online! So basically I''d like to know about anyone''s previous experiences with WF and the pro''s/con''s of using an online vendor, rather than someone local. Also, how do WF''s prices compare with other custom settings? I know that I have around 14-15k to use and I obviously would like to spend most of that on the diamond, rather than the setting, while still getting the setting I want.

Now on to the best part, the diamond! Ideally, I would like a 2ct generic asscher, G-H in color, VS1-SI if it''s eye clean of course. Again, I''ve checked out WF''s selection and they have a couple of diamonds that fits this, but again the online thing kinda freaks me out. I''m going to look at a couple of local jewelers this weekend, but I get the feeling that they just don''t have the selections that WF does, especially since I really want to hit that 2ct mark given my price range. Aside from WF, does anyone else have any suggestions on where to look for asschers? Oh, I live in Chicago if anyone has any local suggestions. I also am going to Detroit next weekend to visit jeweler there, so any Detroit suggestions would be great too!

Thanks! Marie

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I highly recommend making the short trip to Battle Creek MI and meeting with Bill Pearlman of Pearlmansjewelers.com . I visited him recently over the holidays and can't say enough about his selection and customer service. You can check out my thread here

also check out goodoldgold they have an excellent reputation and have provided many pricescopers with beautiful asschers including kaleigh's that you can see here

ahh1111.JPG

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have been given some very good advice. I just wanted to chime in and say that I am thrilled with the asscher I got from GOG. Good luck!!
1.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d recommend this recent thread on the subject ... the rings RichardAlex ended up with are PHENOMENAL. (we''re still waiting for handshots though)

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/rockytalky/ascher-aascher-good-to-great-t35114-60.html

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results