shape
carat
color
clarity

New York GTG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is anyone interested? Afterall, we have a resident expert, i.e., Nicrez, here.
35.gif

wooohooo---finally a nyc gtg. i''m in.

Yay!

When are you trying to have it? I go to NYC fairly regularly for work and I''d love to come!

I would love to attend, but would have trouble getting to places other than mid-town Manhattan. (I hope my Royal Asscher will be able to attend, too.)

I''ll be in town till July 27, then I''ll be away for a month. Midtown will be perfect. Madam Bijoux, I can''t wait to see your Royal Asscher!

Good morning, Harriet! I hope it will be ready by the 27th - they tell me it should be done by the end of this month or early next month.

Top of the morning to you too. I''m getting an Asscher too, but not a diamond one. It''s going to be a while though.

If our Asschers aren''t ready by the time we get together, we''ll have an excuse for an Asscher get-together when they are done
2.gif

Glad to be there. Resident expert, I don''t know. I am always learning, so I would say I am the resident perpetual student!

Midtown is ideal for me, so let''s get a day and time set up. Madame Bijoux, your Royal Asscher will be MOST welcome! I adore them...
30.gif

Nicrez, would you be a darling and check out another setter with me before I pony up for LM?

Date: 7/16/2007 10:23:09 AM
Author: Harriet
Nicrez, would you be a darling and check out another setter with me before I pony up for LM?
Sure! I hate to admit it, but most of the guys I know are either just setters who fix antique pieces (which is a skill unto itself), but these guys do not make things from scratch like newer rings, generally, or those mastercraftsmen who make LM look like a Walmart Special! I will ask around and see if there are any recommended setters amoung people I know. There is one guy I use for micro-pave, both custom and pre-fab. It's all hand-made, so maybe we can try him and see if you like his work?

This week will be fairly light I hope, then next week will be insane, so let me know when!

I would love to join in. What is the date that you were hoping for????

Date: 7/16/2007 10:33:16 AM
Author: Nicrez

Sure! I hate to admit it, but most of the guys I know are either just setters who fix antique pieces (which is a skill unto itself), but these guys do not make things from scratch like newer rings, generally, or those mastercraftsmen who make LM look like a Walmart Special! I will ask around and see if there are any recommended setters amoung people I know. There is one guy I use for micro-pave, both custom and pre-fab. It''s all hand-made, so maybe we can try him and see if you like his work?

This week will be fairly light I hope, then next week will be insane, so let me know when!
I can do today through Thursday. You?

Date: 7/16/2007 11:40:50 AM
Author: Eva17
I would love to join in. What is the date that you were hoping for????
Great! Next Thursday?

Wed would work better for me, but if thurs works for everyone else, I will see If I can change my appoint.

Date: 7/16/2007 11:48:22 AM

Date: 7/16/2007 10:33:16 AM

Sure! I hate to admit it, but most of the guys I know are either just setters who fix antique pieces (which is a skill unto itself), but these guys do not make things from scratch like newer rings, generally, or those mastercraftsmen who make LM look like a Walmart Special! I will ask around and see if there are any recommended setters amoung people I know. There is one guy I use for micro-pave, both custom and pre-fab. It''s all hand-made, so maybe we can try him and see if you like his work?

I can do today through Thursday. You?
Thursday for a setter meeting is OK. Are we thinking this Thursday for the NYC GTG or just a quick 47th Street romp?
Harriet, you know 47th closes at 5pm, right? We may want to do that setter search at least at 4pm or sooner...

The NYC GTG can just be something non-industry related, like dinner, or drinks or something? Maybe a brunch? Again, based on times people can meet, the NYC GTG can be a weekday this week (next will likely be very busy for me but I''ll see what I can squeeze in)...

Date: 7/16/2007 2:10:45 PM
Thursday for a setter meeting is OK. Are we thinking this Thursday for the NYC GTG or just a quick 47th Street romp?
Harriet, you know 47th closes at 5pm, right? We may want to do that setter search at least at 4pm or sooner...

The NYC GTG can just be something non-industry related, like dinner, or drinks or something? Maybe a brunch? Again, based on times people can meet, the NYC GTG can be a weekday this week (next will likely be very busy for me but I''ll see what I can squeeze in)...
Hi Nicrez,
I was thinking of this week for a romp. As for the GTG, I''m flexible this week, but will be in town only on Thu and Fri next week. Then I''m off for most of August. Yippee!

Harriet, this week is fine for a romp. Want to say at 4pm or so? It should give us some time. Let me know what day. Plus I suggest meeting somewhere where there are fewer people, like at the WaMu on the corner across the street. Specific with fewer people or I will never find you!

Wait, you''re the one with great hair and fabulous bling...
9.gif

Date: 7/16/2007 4:38:06 PM
Harriet, this week is fine for a romp. Want to say at 4pm or so? It should give us some time. Let me know what day. Plus I suggest meeting somewhere where there are fewer people, like at the WaMu on the corner across the street. Specific with fewer people or I will never find you!

Wait, you''re the one with great hair and fabulous bling...
9.gif
Sure. I''ll keep you posted because it all depends on how my work''s going.
Only if I make it to my hairdresser soon.

Nicrez,
4pm today at WaMu?

Rats. I have to head out of NYC today at 2, and may not make it back in time? I had something tomorrow, BUT if you can do tomorrow, I''ll move it.

ACK! I know we are cutting it down to the wire before you travel...

Date: 7/17/2007 9:50:16 AM
Rats. I have to head out of NYC today at 2, and may not make it back in time? I had something tomorrow, BUT if you can do tomorrow, I''ll move it.

ACK! I know we are cutting it down to the wire before you travel...
no problem. Let''s see how Wednesday goes. I will return, ya know.
2.gif

Oooh let''s hope for Wednesday! I have used this setter on micro pave twice. First time was great, but I have to pick up the second piece today. Let''s see if he''s any good. Also, he''s not in a booth but a suite, so I would have to call him to let him kow we are coming. I''ll see if I can talk to him today briefly...

Of course you are coming back...Hopefully with ring insurance!
31.gif
9.gif

Date: 7/17/2007 10:17:56 AM
Oooh let''s hope for Wednesday! I have used this setter on micro pave twice. First time was great, but I have to pick up the second piece today. Let''s see if he''s any good. Also, he''s not in a booth but a suite, so I would have to call him to let him kow we are coming. I''ll see if I can talk to him today briefly...

Of course you are coming back...Hopefully with ring insurance!
31.gif
9.gif
Ooh, whatcha picking up? Is this fella insured?
2.gif

Micro pave halo set earrings. The diamonds where a bit "unround" as they are quite old, and they were not all that fabulous in their last setting. Languishing really.

I don''t know if he''s insured. I will ask, as we are fully insured from shipping to setting, so it''s never come up.

Please do. Thanks!

My friend has the name of another setter. She should let me know the guy''s name tonight... I don''t know much about him, so let''s see what he does and if he''s available tomorrow... I will keep searching!

29.gif
Grrrr...My meeting was delayed to 3pm, then I just got back now. Still at the office...grrrr....

Harriet I picked up the earrings and spoke to the guy. he IS insured so that''s not a problem. He is in a new office in a suite, so i have to call him ahead of time to let him know we are coming. If we are still good for tomorrow, I will call him at 3pm and let him know. I already alerted him to possibly being there at 4pm with you. I took his card for you. Let''s see if you like his work. It''s not like LM, but cleaner and more modern, I guess? I hope his quote is more affordable, but it all depends on what you want. We''ll see.

Just sent my friend an e-mail for another setter too.

Nicrez,
A thousand apologies, but I doubt I''ll be able to make it tomorrow. I''m running around like a headless chicken trying to get things done before I leave. I amy not even be able to drop off my ring for a re-set before then! Aarrgghh!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP