shape
carat
color
clarity

New Wedding Bands!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monnikk

Rough_Rock
I started off with having a shared-prong band made, and while it did show off the diamonds quite well, poor workmanship from the jeweler, as well as the too-thin band, made me go to a different jeweler to have the diamonds (from the shared prong) reset into a new ring that is much more practical for me.

I also decided that I didn''t care if my wedding band matched my e-ring and ended up getting a scattered diamond band with a matte finish. Am MUCH happier with this ring! =D

HB Band in Box.jpg

monnikk

Rough_Rock
Our wedding rings together. (it doesn''t look like it in the pic, but my ring is much smaller in size than his!)

MZ Wedding Bands.jpg

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
I like the scattered diamond band!
Do you have a photo of your e-ring and band together?

monnikk

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/13/2007 9:37:39 AM
Author: lsyama
I like the scattered diamond band!
Do you have a photo of your e-ring and band together?
Thank you! I do have one, but they just really don''t match so it''s probably better not to post it. ;D I''ll probably be wearing the e-ring on my right hand and perhaps one day get an upgrade of the e-ring to match the scattered band. =D

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the band. Great idea!
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it!!

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/13/2007 9:41:24 AM
Author: monnikk

Thank you! I do have one, but they just really don''t match so it''s probably better not to post it. ;D I''ll probably be wearing the e-ring on my right hand and perhaps one day get an upgrade of the e-ring to match the scattered band. =D

Ooh, interesting. (now you''ve piqued my curiosity!)
I''m trying to figure out the e-ring/w-band matching thing too.
Who knew it would be so complicated!
3.gif

monnikk

Rough_Rock
Thank you Lyra and Ellen!

Lsyama, I totally understand what you mean..it literally took me SO long to make up my mind about which wedding band to choose and even when I thought I knew, I still ended up with something completely different! But it''s worth it...I seriously spent so much more time researching (more like Pricescoping) my wedding band, than any other aspect of the wedding including my dress! I figure the rings have to be good since I''ll be wearing them for a looooooooooooong time!

What bands are you considering?

Btw, thanks Pricescope for giving me great wedding band ideas! heh heh =)

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
Oooooo, very nice. I love the scattered bands!

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/13/2007 10:10:34 AM

Lsyama, I totally understand what you mean..it literally took me SO long to make up my mind about which wedding band to choose and even when I thought I knew, I still ended up with something completely different! But it's worth it...I seriously spent so much more time researching (more like Pricescoping) my wedding band, than any other aspect of the wedding including my dress! I figure the rings have to be good since I'll be wearing them for a looooooooooooong time!

I'm considering several eternity bands at Fay Cullen (like Musey's), a titanium band (Boone Rings), 7-stone half-eternity from WF, and the list goes on and on and on... and I'm definitely open to other options.
3.gif

What width is your w-band? I think a thin scattered diamond band would look great too.

But then, who knows how any of these would actually look next to the e-ring
41.gif

And Pricescope has definitely given me a lot of ideas, but it makes the decision so much harder!
Maybe I'll just have to get a bunch of different rings to fit my moods!
2.gif

ETA - Is your band Plat or WG? And is your e-ring made of the same?

monnikk

Rough_Rock

Thanks nessvan12! I like the whole scattered/starlight diamond look. I think the matte finish also shows off the sparkle of the diamonds nicely.

Lysyama, when will you be getting your e-ring? Or do you have it already?!? I like the rings you''re considering so far..enjoy the search! My w-ring is 3.5 mm. =)

monnikk

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/13/2007 10:41:53 AM
Author: lsyama

Date: 9/13/2007 10:10:34 AM

Lsyama, I totally understand what you mean..it literally took me SO long to make up my mind about which wedding band to choose and even when I thought I knew, I still ended up with something completely different! But it''s worth it...I seriously spent so much more time researching (more like Pricescoping) my wedding band, than any other aspect of the wedding including my dress! I figure the rings have to be good since I''ll be wearing them for a looooooooooooong time!

I''m considering several eternity bands at Fay Cullen (like Musey''s), a titanium band (Boone Rings), 7-stone half-eternity from WF, and the list goes on and on and on... and I''m definitely open to other options.
3.gif

What width is your w-band? I think a thin scattered diamond band would look great too.

But then, who knows how any of these would actually look next to the e-ring
41.gif

And Pricescope has definitely given me a lot of ideas, but it makes the decision so much harder!
Maybe I''ll just have to get a bunch of different rings to fit my moods!
2.gif

ETA - Is your band Plat or WG? And is your e-ring made of the same?
I forgot to tell you..the band is white gold and e-ring is the same. =)

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/13/2007 11:02:29 AM

Lysyama, when will you be getting your e-ring? Or do you have it already?!? I like the rings you''re considering so far..enjoy the search! My w-ring is 3.5 mm. =)

No e-ring yet - center stone is being set, but it will probably be here within a few weeks! (*knock on wood*)
Not sure when bf will actually let me see it though
41.gif

If he doesn''t let me see it right away, I''m going to make him do a thorough inspection to make sure everything looks okay
2.gif

Paranoid, yes, but I''ve seen a few horror stories here as well
14.gif

Thanks for all the info about your w-band!
5.gif

I do prefer the matte finish too - it definitely adds extra oomph!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
monikk, I love non-matchy sets... pleeeeease post pics of your rings together???.......

I really love your band. Who made it? It looks really substantial and beautiful and I think the matte finish is genius! Congrats!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2007 12:30:07 PM
Author: angeline
monikk, I love non-matchy sets... pleeeeease post pics of your rings together???.......
Me too! And I second the request!!!
9.gif

Your wband is so pretty, I love the scattered diamond look!

Alleyoop

Rough_Rock
Pretty please... can we see the picture of them together. I am going thought the same delimna on wedding bands (matchy vs. non-matchy) right now.

Love your band! It looks super comfy, is it?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great bands!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
they look great!!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Very sleek and modern! It looks like it matches your husband''s band much better than a shared prong band would too.

monnikk

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/13/2007 12:30:07 PM
Author: angeline

I really love your band. Who made it? It looks really substantial and beautiful and I think the matte finish is genius! Congrats!
Thanks for the kind compliments! When I was first looking for wedding bands, I was really attracted to the ring pictured below. Then, because I didn''t think it would fit my e-ring I decided on the shared prong. When the shared prong didn''t turn out, I realized that I wanted a more substantial band after all and saw people''s (snlee, maryalaina, etc) scattered bands from whiteflash, liked it and I decided to go for it!

When I went to the new jeweler they had a sample scattered band with a matte finish and it looked great cause it really highlighted the little diamonds. I''m based in Manila, Philippines (long ways, from the U.S. I know! :) ) and the jeweler I went to was Hans Bruman http://www.hansbruman.com . I love their workmanship and you''re right..the ring is SOLID..I was actually surprised by how heavy it is!
6.gif

starlightfirstpick.jpg

monnikk

Rough_Rock
And you talked me into it!
2.gif
Here are some pix of my e-ring and wedding band...warning...the photos aren''t the greatest! My "flower" e-ring is a cluster setting and it''s kinda hard to take decent pix of it.

ringinboxpc.jpg

monnikk

Rough_Rock
Night time shot. Together at last!
9.gif

2wo rings.jpg

monnikk

Rough_Rock
Last one..day time shot.

mzwedringfinger.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love them!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
I love your new wedding band! I really like the scattered diamond style and I think the matte finish looks great!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love the pictures of your two rings. They go together really well!

K9

Brilliant_Rock
They are lovely together!
1.gif

Alleyoop

Rough_Rock
Wow! Love the band and love the ering! Love them as a set, also. I like how the diamonds on the scattered band are almost the same size as the diamonds in the ering. That really unites them, I think. Great choices!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love your wedding band! The brushed finish looks so cool!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! The compliment eachother nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results