shape
carat
color
clarity

New to PS and in DESPERATE need of advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gene of precisiongem.com recently obtained some minty Afghan tourmalines, and he might be able to cut you an asscher. They're a very pretty Scope (like the mouthwash) minty green color. You might want to email him. According to some asscher experts in this forum, he cuts a mean asscher.
2.gif

Tourmaline is also not as durable for an everyday ring, but it has the color you're looking for.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
BTW Dreaming, all this mention of asschers has a few reasons...
1) Princess cuts are notoriously hard to find in colored stones, and asschers may be a good substitute to fit in a princess setting (and I think one would look especially pretty in your setting).
2) I think I started it by posting my asscher prasiolite, which I was actually doing as an example of a really nice prasiolite, not so much because of the cut.
and 3) PSers love our asschers!
9.gif

If a princess is what you really want, ask one of the aforementioned contacts about cutting you one.

Dreaming of You

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for your feedback! This has definitely been an interesting experience and I do not have any one around here to talk to because my friends cannot understand why I want something other than a diamond. We are meeting with a jeweler this week to look at having a sapphire cut for my ring. I just wish my setting would get here soon so I had a better idea what it would look like together...

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi and welcome! Why did you buy the setting first before you found a stone? It''s going to be hard to find a princess cut with the right color, dimensions, etc. for that specific setting. Not impossible, but hard. Are you 100% committed to that setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results