shape
carat
color
clarity

New stone arrived - time to reset!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I''m so excited that I don''t even know where to post...here? Rocky Talky? EVERYWHERE? haah.

Here are some pics of my WF ES 1.07 G SI1 stone that will replace my current stone. HEE!

Enjoy the pics (and don''t feel sorry for the old stone - he''s filthy and would look MUCH better with a shower and shave!
25.gif
) It only makes the new stone THAT Much prettier!

***I''m resetting next week, and I''ll upload those pics as soon as it''s done!***

Thanks for looking and sharing my happiness! My cheeks are warm and flush with the excitement!

New Recruit.JPG

mela lu

Ideal_Rock

New Avitar Profile.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
old meets new...

Hangin on our loupe.JPG

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
daylight

Side by Each.JPG

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I love the profile of this new little baby!

side by side profiles.JPG

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Last one for now...this shows a preview to the hand-shot! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! So happy!

In the sun.JPG

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I''m gaga over that stone. What a beauty!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Pretty replacement! But, ummm, can I ask what''s the deal with your old stone? Why does it photograph as opaque? Is it really dirty? Or just ashamed next to its replacement???

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
dirty, ashamed, crappily cut, and totally ignored (re: focus) during the photoshoot.

I am replacing the old stone because I have never been happy with it - even after a steam cleaning.
8.gif

After finding PS, and learning the what''s what, (and after the blessing of FI), I''m replacing ol'' yeller!

*Couldn''t be happier* with the new stone, or my FI
30.gif

climb2cloud9

Shiny_Rock
congrats!!! it''s lovely!!! can''t wait to see it set!!!
30.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does have a really cool profile! Nice stone. What are the stats on the 1st stone and the 2nd? They look very very different. The 1st one looks dirty but obviously there''s more to it than that or you wouldn''t have ordered a new stone!

What type of setting do you have in mind? Or will you be able to use the setting you have?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s a beauty, can''t wait to see it reset!!!
36.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
thanks for asking
9.gif

My new stone is:
Report: GIA
. Shape: Round Ideal Cut
. Carat: 1.07
. Depth %: 61.4
. Table %: 53
. Crown Angle: 34.5
. Crown %: 16
. Star : 55
. Pavilion Angle: 40.8
. Pavilion %: 43
. Lower Girdle %: 80
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 6.64-6.65X4.08

My old one was given to me WAY before I found PS, and it''s a 1.01 cushion, F, SI1, medium cut - with no report (!!!). My FI bought it from his jeweler; and in researching why I didn''t like it...I found PS.

...and here I am!

The plan right now is to have the new RB set into the setting I have now and reset the cushion into a pendant. I''m trying to keep this on the DL, as my friends and family will think I''m capriciosa (spoiled). Excluding Mom. Mom has been pushing me to speak up and upgrade since day 1.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock

This is a pic of my soon-to-be-old cushion when it''s not in a state of filth.

pretty ladeee.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous and it''s going to be amazing in your setting!! Congrats on your upgrade!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the upgrade. It''s going to look beautiful!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Those are some lovely pics and I can''t wait to see it when it''s completed!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the upgrade! And a G SI1... YUM!
18.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/7/2007 2:28:31 PM
Author: mela lu

This is a pic of my soon-to-be-old cushion when it''s not in a state of filth.

Thanks for posting that. From the photo it does look a little flat compared to the sparkle of your new stone. So sorry that you were unhappy with it from day 1!
8.gif

But Congrats on your new stone!
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, could you please show a little more enthusiasm?

9.gif

It''s just bootiful! Can''t wait to see the finished product!!

And congrats!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Everyone for the encouragement. I felt like a complete sh!# telling my FI that I was unhappy with the original stone...but now he''s totally into it and I think he''s *almost* as excited as I am. (haha. fat chance. No one is more excited than me!)

It''s being re-set as we speak, and I''m picking it up after work Thursday - which means pics for you on FRIDAY!!! 2 more sleeps for me; and 3 more sleeps until you all see the burst of excitement.

Its funny. Before PS, I never *loved* RBs. Now I have developed an appreciation for them beyond my expecation. Ultimately, I want to add an older stone to my collection...but what girl doesn''t need a gorgeous and classic RB in the mix?!?!

Thanks so much for your kind words and stay tuned!
31.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
So exciting!! It''s like a NIGHT and DAY difference! The RB just looks so much sharper & clearer and happy to be there!
9.gif

What a sweet FI to not take your feelings personally & then get almost as excited as you about Take #2.

Can''t wait to see it snug in it''s new home & on your hand. SQUEE!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee

MEeeeeeeeeeeeee toooooooooooooooooooooo!

Snort
19.gif

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
Mela lu, the new rock will look great in that setting. I can''t wait for pictures - I can only imagine how happy you''ll be it is time to pick her up. Be sure to show us pictures of the cushion in its new home too. I''m sure it will turn out lovely as well and Mr. Cushion will love being the center of attention (focus & cleaning) in its new home.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks BlueKeet! I agree. Mr Cushion needs to find a new home in a nice clean pendant.

FI wants it to be halo''ed, as that was his original design and intention.

so...Has anyone seen any great halo cushion pendant settings around??

Actually, this will be a fun project!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
WELL ~ She''s back on my hand ~ and here are a few pics to wet your whistles! I''m having a really hard time getting good pics here, so I''ll take some more over the weekend and report back on Monday!
Enjoy - thanks for looking!

reset handshot.JPG

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
whoa. way too big. sorry!
17.gif

reset profile.JPG

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
wish they were clearer...

reset in pastels.JPG

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
thats it for now...I''ll take more soon!
~So happy~ It is so pretty live!

ringolo.JPG

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I would love to see more pictures. Here''s a thread with lots of tips on how to take great diamond pictures. It may be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results