clarity

New Setting for EC RHR?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks KaeKae.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like 1 best but fear the center stone could be lost in it... I''m not sure what look you''re going for... if you''re looking for something to accentuate the center or just an overall ring that happens to have a center emerald. If you want to highlight the center stone I think #5 does that best.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
you know - I like it the way it is! Maybe a couple of mini-emerald cuts in a 3 stone ring... or leave it! :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Sara. I honestly don't know what I am missing or want but when I wear it I like the diamond; not the ring. I guess I will see if anything catches my eye when I try things on. I am kind of leaning towards #1 and seeing about a slightly larger stone. This is an E and I could certainly drop in color to help get something larger for about $500 more. I appreciate your input.

ETA - I like the idea of the side EC stones; I will ask about that as well.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/20/2010 5:28:59 PM
Author: SparklyOEC
Date: 5/20/2010 2:10:03 PM

Author: dreamer_d

I am assuming you would like to keep the price lower, so I really like this one by Eternity Diamonds! The quality of their settings look good from what we have seen, and apparently they will ship you a sample to try... It would look great in yellow gold!
30.gif

http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Cassandra-Emerald-Cut-Diamond-with-Diamond-Setting-(.29-ctw.)-123.htm

Okay...by far...my favorite!
36.gif

thritto!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Missydebby!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Marcy-that tacori that I was talking about is emeraldlover1''s ring. I came across it in the ''Show us your 2-3 ct center stones in the helpful thread archive. I am missing my bling, so it helps to look at
everyone else''s!
25.gif

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
I am not a fan of ECs with halos - and my concern would be with a centre stone this size the halo would eat the centre stone up!

Marcy - Of the settings you posted I like the 4th one - it is simple, not too much metal and it is the one that (at least in pics) makes the stone pop the most! Not a fan of the others.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like #4 best (it is lovely!), then #1, #2, and last is #3. Your EC is so clean and beautiful, I''d do the same as you -- update it in a new setting rather than go with an upgrade. Hope you''ll show pics of what you end up with!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Luv2sparkle, what happened to your ring? Emeraldlover1’s ring is gorgeous.

Pancake, I love your EC ring. It is gorgeous. You are right about that size of a stone being lost in a halo; I looked at one today (it was WG) but it did all blend together – although it was quite lovely. I think YG would maybe have the center stone stand out a bit more but they only had it in WG.

Thanks Marymm. I will be posting pictures hopefully this week.

Thanks Swedish Bean.

Well, I did get my upgrade today. The first show case I looked in as I walked in the door had #4 and #2 in it. I thought ooh that must mean something. I loved #4; very bright, sparkly diamonds but it felt thin (not poorly made just not right) so I ruled it out right away. #2 was nice but a bit wide for the .61 ct EC diamond they brought out for me to play with. I browsed through their cases looking for more to try while they checked to see if they had #1 in the store. Sadly they did not. I tried a ½ ctw PC semi mount and it did look nice but the EC was lost in the 3 stone setting. I did find #3 in one of their show cases and wasn’t even sure if I liked it in person but asked to see it; they plopped the .61 EC diamond in it and I loved it. The baguettes really looked great with it. I intended to spend $1400 to $1500 on my upgrade today including maybe a slightly larger pink sapphire but they only had 2 RB pink sapphires; one was pretty much what I had but was only 1 mm larger and the other one had a horrible window so I decided that meant one thing – a bigger EC. Woo hoo. I ended up with a .71 F Si1. It looked amazing in the setting. I can’t wait to get it. I was rather surprised at how well I liked the baguette ring but it made for a nice combination. It is certainly different than anything I have right now.

ETA: the ring is not nearly was wide as the photo I posted.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the ring from the side and I think it give you a better idea of how it appears.

ecsampside.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy I think it will look great!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh congratulations Marcy! I can''t wait to see photos :)

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for #1. I love your EC.
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Dreamer,Pancake and Lone Wolfe.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will look awesome! Congrats, can''t wait to see it!

Probably three more weeks until mine comes, Marcy. I am kind of in panic mode hoping it comes out right!
14.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Luv2Sparkle. I only have to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. A few weeks would be painful! I can''t wait to see yours either. At least we have PS to keep us occupied.
9.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
good choice!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Motownmama. I am very anxious to get the finished ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results