shape
carat
color
clarity

New Setting for EC RHR?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My EC is .55 ct (about 4 x 6 mm) and is in a solitaire mounting. I have been thinking about upgrading to 3/4 ct but I think I am missing some side stones more than wanting a larger diamond. What do you think? Here are some mounts I like.

# 1 is 1/4 ctw PC
# 2 is .12 ctw RB
# 3 is 1/4 ctw bag
# 4 is 1/3 ctw RB
# 5 go for the bigger EC

ecsamp.png

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you think those images are to scale re the ratio of the center to the sides? If they are I think I like 2 and 4 the best!
4.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a close up of the diamond and a picture of it on my hand.

ecbacklit.jpg
mcecrng3.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer, I believe they are to scale - I was able to pick a 1/2 ct EC to show in the semi mount. Thanks for your vote. I think those are my top 2 picks as well.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are hopefully closer to real life size.

ecsamp2.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my vote in order, 4, 1, 2, 3

I think #4 would compliment your diamond better, but I also like the look of #1.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Luckyeshe. I think the PC stones would compiment the EC but until I play with them in person it is so hard to tell.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I like #4 the best. The bigger EC is always a good option as well.

Oh, decisions!
33.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Beach Runner. They have # 4 in a larger carat version but then I'd need a bigger EC. Oooh, good idea. That of course would interfere with a few other "things" I want to get.
11.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
all those settings remind me of your ering Marcy. Which is great, but have you ever thought of a tacori 2620, in yellow gold. Someone here has one with an EC and it looks fabulous! It would be beautiful
in yellow gold.

Then again, bigger is always great!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great idea Luv2Sparkle. I will browse through the EC thread tomorrow night and see if I can find it. I do agree bigger is always good too. Thanks for the ideas.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, Luvs2sparkle makes a good point. Do you want a ring to match your e-ring or compliment it? I have always like halos around step cuts
30.gif

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
I love #4. It''s simple but stunning, and it would make a lovely ring. I would definitely change the setting you currently have though, because while it is a beautiful ring, it does look a bit like an e-ring. If that doesn''t bother you, then you''re already good to go, but if you are looking for some extra bling, go for #4! :)

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I like #4 better than any of the other ones.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#3 & #4

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very good point, Dreamer. I guess I tend to always go for the same general look but lately I am venturing away from that (thanks to PS). I will take a look at halos for it as well.

DearBuddha, I agree that the solitaire does very much look like an ering. The only other solitaire RHR I have is an oval mint garnet and I like its simplicity but don’t have the feeling it needs an upgrade when I wear it. When I wear the EC ring I do wish there was something more to it.

Thanks you lknvrb4 and Motownmama. It seems #4 is the most popular choice.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I like #4 also.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote #4 for more blingage (and finger coverage)!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I prefer #4. It really lets the EC stand out!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the look of baguettes with emerald cuts, so I''d have to say #3 but with a slightly larger center stone.
A 3/4 ct. sounds good to me :).

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/20/2010 2:16:49 PM
Author: cemrn

Date: 5/20/2010 2:10:03 PM
Author: dreamer_d
I am assuming you would like to keep the price lower, so I really like this one by Eternity Diamonds! The quality of their settings look good from what we have seen, and apparently they will ship you a sample to try... It would look great in yellow gold!
30.gif

http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Cassandra-Emerald-Cut-Diamond-with-Diamond-Setting-(.29-ctw.)-123.htm
hands down my fav

Ok, this is my fav now!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock

SB621

Ideal_Rock

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
number 4!

lweber

Shiny_Rock
I really am not fond of step cuts and brilliant cuts together. I like both of these styles a lot, but just not together. Therefore, I like #3 the best.

Other than that, I am partial to PC and really like #1 with the PC on point.

Good luck

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Makemepretty, Rhgirl24, Tyty333, Lizzyann01, Christie, Gemgirl, SparklyOEC, Sarahbear621, Maevie and Lweber.

Dreamer, I am hoping to keep it moderately priced so I can get an upgrade on a pink sapphire too. I absolutely love the setting you found. That would look great in YG.

Gemgirl, I am kind of anxious to see how the baguettes look with it; I think they would be a nice compliment to the EC.

Lewber, when I bought the ring last May I tried it with several RB stones and did not like it. That is why I think # 1 or # 3 might not look bad with it. Of course the halo is quite intriguing.

I did an online chat with the store where I bought my diamond and they do not have the halo ring setting similar to the one Dreamer found, but they have halos that might work. I will see what they have when I go shopping. The price of the one Dreamer found is so reasonable though I wouldn’t rule it out. I can see what they charge me to mount their diamond in another vendor’s ring. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks for everyone’s help and opinions.
Marcy

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My choice would be: #1, #2, #4, #3.
I really like #1.
Your EC is beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results