shape
carat
color
clarity

New Sapphire Arrived! Setting advice?

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Pricescopers!

My Jeff White sapphire just arrived, and it's gorgeous! I'm not quite sure how to set it. It's just a bit under 2 carats, 7.28mm in diameter.

See the attached photo. I reset my three stone assher with David Klass into bezels, and I really love the look and durability. This sapphire will probably be for my right ring finger which is about an 8.5. I'd like to bezel the sapphire as well. Not a fan of halos, but I'd like to have some finger coverage. My original wedding set had tapered baguettes on the sides, but I think they would be too small for an 8.5

Oh Pricescoper friends, do you have any setting suggestions?

Thanks so much!

Jeff's video:

IMG_1770 copy.jpg

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
Such a sparkly stone!

For more finger coverage, would you consider Belcher-style settings either too old-fashioned or too masculine (chrysoberyl, demantoid)?
Belcher.jpg

A three-stone with two diamonds could work:
ThreeStone.jpg
(Maybe with proportionally smaller diamonds.)

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Such a sparkly stone!

For more finger coverage, would you consider Belcher-style settings either too old-fashioned or too masculine (chrysoberyl, demantoid)?
Belcher.jpg

A three-stone with two diamonds could work:
ThreeStone.jpg
(Maybe with proportionally smaller diamonds.)

@Starstruck8 Belcher isn't really my style. I like the idea of a three stone, but I have a three stone Asscher e-ring. Would it be weird to have a three stone on each hand? ;-)

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
What's your style? There are so many bezel options. You can do a Sholdt style, you can do milgrained, engraved or cut down collet bezel... there are many!

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
What's your style? There are so many bezel options. You can do a Sholdt style, you can do milgrained, engraved or cut down collet bezel... there are many!

@ItsMainelyYou I tend to prefer more streamlined style, and something that doesn't sit up high. My three stone Asscher is bezeled with milgrain, but the rest of it is pretty simple. I'd like to have the stone be the star of the show. Engraving is a possibility too.

Not a fan of prongs--my original wedding set had a prong loosen and the stone fell out. I'm just paranoid about it now. ;-)

I've seen a few Sholdt settings and they are gorgeous.

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock

How could I forget about Sholdt???
1713234947448.png
1713234993361.png
1713235010984.png

And there's also CvB, though she does a lot of collet settings which you might want to avoid if you don't like prongs:
1713235154282.png
1713235171849.png

Attachments

• 1713234863234.png
    1713234863234.png
    201.5 KB · Views: 2

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
@newtojewels Holy Smokes that Erika Winters Jin is amazing!!! Hmmmmm......

Isn't it? I love all of her designs and hope to one day own a piece from her. Sadly they have a price tag to match, but your sapphire deserves a fabulous home!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s lovely! Perhaps a toi et moi ring with a diamond as the second stone? The prices on diamonds are really good right now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results