shape
carat
color
clarity

New Ruby Earring Drops

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
That is exactly how I thought those stones would look as earring dangles...only yummier!

Congratulations!

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
very nice, and i bet you get LOTS of use out of them too, they are so versatile!

36.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2010 11:27:00 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Thank you yssie, marcyc, Bella_m, IndyLady, Catmom, and LD!

Rubies and yellow gold are a match in my book.

LG - My jeweler isn''t into the Internet, but he keeps looking at my pretties, and tells me I need to go to Tucson. He generally goes to the show and gets updated on all the latest gemstone treatments, pricing, etc. I think hanging out on PS gets me a lot of that education.
I wouldn''t mind going to Tuscon to view eye candies. You should ask if he''s going to take you with him next time.
9.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you innerkitten, Kay, virgoruby, ma re, kribbie, Kismet, oddoneout, Largosmom, and luckynumber.
1.gif

They did turn out beautifully, better than I was expecting. It is raining here today, but I''m anxious to get sun pictures as well. I''ll be sure to post them when the time comes. It can''t be cloudy forever.
20.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2010 8:39:57 AM
Author: Lovinggems

Date: 1/22/2010 11:27:00 PM
Thank you yssie, marcyc, Bella_m, IndyLady, Catmom, and LD!

Rubies and yellow gold are a match in my book.

LG - My jeweler isn''t into the Internet, but he keeps looking at my pretties, and tells me I need to go to Tucson. He generally goes to the show and gets updated on all the latest gemstone treatments, pricing, etc. I think hanging out on PS gets me a lot of that education.
I wouldn''t mind going to Tuscon to view eye candies. You should ask if he''s going to take you with him next time.
9.gif
Believe it or not, we''ve had that conversation.
9.gif
Not this year, but maybe things will work out in the future. It would be fun to see all the eye candy.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
These look beautiful! I particularly love the color. Thanks for sharing!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
awesome Fly Girl---- hmmm you are giving me ideas for my plain ol'' yellow huggies and they look just like yours... I love all your projects! They turn out so well, My only problem is finding a local bench jeweler whom I trust and isn''t charging an arm and leg.

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! They look really great on you in those ear shots.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous colour, and I love how the dangle from your ears! Gorgeous!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE these!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love earring charms! Excellent choice.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful rubies! They look perfect as earring drops!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
They''re beautiful!!! They look great on your ears!!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2010 9:59:44 PM
Author: mochi

Date: 1/22/2010 9:57:45 PM
My amaryllis hasn''t bloomed yet. Maybe in a few days I will have flower shots.
1.gif

I love this picture, STUNNING. The earrings are gorgeous!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
No surprise, but I love this photo too. Flygirl, you and your jeweller make some of the nicest pieces ever to be seen on PS.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
They''re beautiful and look fabulous on your ear!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
These are absolutely gorgeous! I love them. Nice choice of setting, too. Enjoy!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

They are very elegant--I love them!

cheers--Sharon

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful and the colour is just gorgeous. Lucky you.

Forgive me but I haven''t read through all this thread so you may have mentioned this already but do they slide off the huggies? If so, do you have any diamond studs that you could thread them on also? I bet they''d look stunning like that as well.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much AustenN, D&T, pierreone, LaurenTP, stepcutgirl, Tacori, portia, Luckyeshe, Gailey, packrat, Mrs Mitchell, Sharon, and LD!

DT - I am very fortunate to have found a local bench who loves working with colored stones. The cost for setting these in 18k Yellow gold was just under $150. It has gotten so I don''t even ask him for quotes anymore. I trust that the cost will be reasonable.

Gailey - I know that tastes vary around PS, so I enjoy offering another point of view, as it were. I''m glad you enjoy my pieces. I look for simple and timeless designs that don''t cost an arm and a leg. Thank you, again.

LD - I didn''t think about putting these with my diamond studs. Thank you for the suggestion. Here are some pictures. Sometimes the loop of the dangle shows a bit. There is also the mixed metal color issue, since my studs are set in platinum. What do you think? I suppose larger diamond studs set in yellow gold would solve the problem.
9.gif
Actually, I think these look rather nice.

RubyDangles8986_68.JPG

Kay

Ideal_Rock
They look very nice with your studs. The sizes look good together.

vinkalmann

Shiny_Rock
Those are beautiful, I love them! Nice buy =)

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those turned out just PERFECT. I don't even like red and I am very envious of your lovely new earring charms.

They are a beautiful shade of red and the jeweler did a lovely job. TFS!
9.gif

ETA: I see that each of these stones is 6.7 mm x 4.8 mm the size is just perfect for how you've set them. How wide are your earrings? I just love that you've done this with "plain" gold hoops.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Your new earrings are soooo gorgeous!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, those are amazing!! They do look like candy.
31.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your nice comments, Kay, SDL, vinkalmann, Stone Hunter, tigian, and Laila!
36.gif

SH - The gold hoops are about 2.5 mm wide. The pears fit beautifully into stock 5 x 7 mm pear bezels, which helps to keep the price down. My everyday look doesn''t include pave. I love these simple gold hoops, too. Thanks, again.
1.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look wonderful on your ears!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 9:43:32 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
They look wonderful on your ears!
Thank you, dreamer! I''m wearing them today with jeans and a simple shirt, and loving them. The design just works well for me.
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, they are more versatile that I thought; to go not with your hoops but with studs too!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/28/2010 8:42:36 PM
Thank you for your nice comments, Kay, SDL, vinkalmann, Stone Hunter, tigian, and Laila!
36.gif

SH - The gold hoops are about 2.5 mm wide. The pears fit beautifully into stock 5 x 7 mm pear bezels, which helps to keep the price down. My everyday look doesn''t include pave. I love these simple gold hoops, too. Thanks, again.
1.gif
Thanks. Hoops 2.5mm wide seem just right.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Chrono. I''m thinking that they do look pretty sweet with the studs.

I hope you can find some hoops for yourself, SH.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results