shape
carat
color
clarity

New Puppy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/1/2009 8:22:40 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl
MC & Deelight ~ Thanks! I can''t wait to see him in person!
21.gif

Lorelei ~ You''re up MUCH earlier than me this morning! LOL! ONE MORE SLEEP!!!
9.gif
36.gif
Hehehe!!!! Won''t be long now till you are cuddling that precious baby!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

What have you bought him for toys??

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband and I brought our dogs home from some place close to home, but we were looking at out of state breeders at one point. Here''s a question I never got to ask any breeder. When they send you a puppy on a plane or in your case Irish, you''re going to pick him up, where does the puppy go in the plane? I know they''re crated, but does he get to travel with you in the passenger cabin?

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei ~ We got him three different flavors of Nylabones, a little blue squeaky dog, a little squeaky frog, and a Kong that we can stuff with treats/peanut butter/whatever. And that''s just so far! We''re planning to take him toy shopping on Thursday so he can pick out a few toys himself!
9.gif

Gemgirl ~ That''s a good question, and that''s actually why we decided to fly him home ourselves. Frenchies, like any short-nosed breed, have trouble maintaining their temperature. If they''re in an environment that''s too warm for too long, they can die of heat stroke, and that can happen very quickly. I think most airlines fly pets in a temperature-controlled cargo area of the plane, but I didn''t want to risk it. Also, who knows what kind of temperatures they''re subjected to before they''re put on the plane and after they''re taken off? Plus, we do have to change planes at one point, and I was just SO afraid that he''d wind up on the wrong plane if he was flying by himself! Besides, the cost of shipping him by himself is pretty comparable to the cost of plane tickets, so we just opted to fly out there and get him. Since we''re flying with him, he can ride in his Sherpa under the seat in front of me.
1.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
So excited for you!! You get to pick up Tucker soon!!!! Now counting down the hours!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Yay! He is such a cutie! And I am so jealous!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Your puppy is adorable, congrats on your new family member!
36.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
If the plane''s not super crowded, don''t be surprised if the flight attendants let you hold him on your lap after takeoff. They''re suckers for puppy kisses
2.gif

Where Trooper and I lived before, there were a pair of white Frenchie girls. He was so enamored, that he would actually vibrate when he stood next to them
30.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy%20dancing%20guy.gif
dothewave.gif
woohoo.gif

runaround1.gif
cheerleader1.gif
yippee10.gif
trampo.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeaaaaa, it''s finally Wednesday. It''s good to know that Tucker will be flying home in style (in his new Sherpa) with Mom & Dad in the passenger cabin. (I''m so happy I asked that question).

Travel safe! and we''ll be waiting for pictures.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He''s home, and the trip went very well! He was great on the plane (slept most of the time). I''ve been up since 2AM, so pictures will happen later!
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY!!!!!!!!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 10:30:49 PM
He''s home, and the trip went very well! He was great on the plane (slept most of the time). I''ve been up since 2AM, so pictures will happen later!
2.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/2/2009 10:30:49 PM
2.gif

Hope you got some rest because I need to see pics of that puppy...we allll need to see pics of the puppy. Tucker pics, lots ''n lots of Tucker pics.

When I was in Spain last month, Frenchies were all over the place, definitely the dog of choice, and I came home determined to get one. I''ve decided to live vicariously through you, though, because my cats gave 4 paws down to the idea
7.gif

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Yay so glad your pup is home! Dying to see pictures of him!
36.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I keep trying to post a link to my Flickr page, but it''s not working!
7.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
awwww, what a cutie

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
28.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you take him shopping??
30.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops! I just read the forum policies, and evidently links to Flickr aren''t allowed! No wonder it wasn''t working! Sorry, Ali!
emembarrassed.gif

I''ll try to post a few pics the traditional way.
28.gif

TuckerCouch(Resized).JPG

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, we did take him shopping! He got a matching collar, harness and leash, and a little blue coat for this winter!
30.gif

TuckerLivingRoom3(Resized).JPG

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
omg omg omg, the EARS, wanna fluff those little ears; omg, omg, omg, the FAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!!!! Wanna kiss the widdle nose & widdle cheeks & talk baby talk & rub the wriggly widdle belly. I am gobsmacked
30.gif
30.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Hahah, love the one ear sticking straight up! Too cute!!
1.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2009 4:53:35 PM
Lorelei, we did take him shopping! He got a matching collar, harness and leash, and a little blue coat for this winter!
30.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Could he BE any cuter? That EAR! Precious.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee hee hee! Glad you guys like him!
9.gif

The wonky ear is so funny . . . sometimes it does stand up like the other ear, and eventually it will stand up all the time. when he looks up at us, his wonky ear often flops backwards, so we can see what he''ll look like when they''re both standing!
30.gif

Sha

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is STINKING cute!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Definitely need pics of him modelling his new blue coat!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2009 4:05:26 AM
Author: Lorelei
He is STINKING cute!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Definitely need pics of him modelling his new blue coat!

HE IS OMG LOOK AT THOSE EARS - I just want to pick him up and give him a puppy squish OMG so cute

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Sooooo cute! I just want to kiss that little face! Best of luck with him!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Irish, he''s such a cutie patootie!! Look at that face! I''d be kissing those chubby cheeks all day long. We''re going to need a LOT more pictures. I love that face.......

How old is he? Is he sleeping through the night for you? and I never thought to ask this question- do breeders ever start the pups on a house breaking schedule?

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, guys!
9.gif

Gem, he was born on May 20, so he''s about 3 1/2 months old. She did start working with him on housebreaking and crate training, so that is helping. He''s only had a very few accidents in the house so far, and NONE in his crate! We''re taking him to Puppy Kindergarten classes starting on Tuesday, so that will help with those things too. He does pretty much sleep the whole way through the night. His crate is right next to our bed, so I think he feels secure.
21.gif

And Lorelei, I''ll DEFINITELY have to get pics of him modeling his new coat!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results