shape
carat
color
clarity

New poster would love some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

josephg

Rough_Rock
Cushion 1.07 G VS2 GIA 67.9 57 5.95*5.86*3.98 tn-vtk medium culet gd gd no flur

this is what we came up with and at 800 cheaper than the old vvs2, will post pics as they come in tommorrow what do you think? will be smaller culet, i get the full 1 carat and a bit to spare i think this is a much better value, i asked about the WF halo bezel set that is on the site but for a cushion and adding millgrain (no idea how to spell that) around all the pave'' similar to the millgrain on the legacy from tiffany, with the smooth sides as its shown on the WF site(the halo bezel).

dlg

Rough_Rock
Joseph-
I don''t think the large cutlet matters. I just got a cushion that has a slightly thick to thick girdle. I was worried about it because it is bigger than ideal. In the blow up pictures, it looked so thick. Anyway, my fiance ended up getting it for me. In real life, I can harle notice the girdle. I see it but it seems thin and I don''t think I''d notice a difference if it was medium to thick. I think the same will be true with the size of the cutlet- but I''m no expert. Good luck.

josephg

Rough_Rock
I totally agree the blown up pictures tend to make us blow things extremely out of proportion. But thats the trade off with being able to see the stone in person i guess, you get overreactions from web dorks like us.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Joseph, I'm coming back late, but I have to disagree with Garry. This is an issue he and I will never agree on. I love the guy, but he is openly not a fan of antique cuts and if it were up to him he'd take every Old Mine Cut out there and cut it to modern standards. That, to me, is like the modernist who hates Victorians and would choose to tear them all down. I know yours isn't an antique cut, but the open culet in my mind is more a matter of preference than anything else. If you like the look (which I do, since I love the charming resemblance to antique diamonds), don't let Garry's preferences change your mind. If you're NOT a fan of open culets then that's another story.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results