shape
carat
color
clarity

New on the list, hello!

Jumpin_Jacks

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies, I found PS just by doing pure fanatical research diamonds, so here I am.

My SO and I will be together 5 years this coming June. We've finally picked a ring a few weeks ago and just waiting to be proposed to! We've been in the house hunt lately but decided to cool it with modest homes in So Cal going for around $600k, too hot! If we did that we were going to do like a backyard wedding, but I think we'll do something smallish reception somewhere. He's a sweet guy and really helped me through my parent's divorce (after 34 years of marriage and me catching my dad texting some other woman). Sorry for the life story, but that's me and I hope to share my experiences with you and likewise :)

The ring btw, .77 XXX, 2mm 1/2 eternity pave band with milgrain edge...can't wait!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Herro! :wavey: Welcome to the LIW board!

How did you meet your partner?
More details on the ring? Where did you source it? Who's making the setting? How very exciting to have got it in the works!

I'm also from SoCal, LA specifically. SO and I were looking at houses last summer, and decided that Los Angeles just isn't going to work out for us, so we're moving to the IE, with hopes of maybe going into the OC when we have kids and they're grown old enough for school. $600K sounds atrocious. My neighbor across the street just sold their 900 sq foot, 2 bedroom old house for $600K. It's so BS! :knockout: Makes me want to vomit. Yuck.

Backyard wedding sounds fab if you have a nicer and larger backyard available for a reception. Why are you backing out of that idea? I am probably going that route. The cost of renting out a venue here in SoCal is also :errrr:

Andddd.. I'm sorry to hear about your dad, and that you're the one to have discovered his affair :nono: That's horrible for you and your family to go through.. and horrible that you were placed in such a frustrating position!

:))

Jumpin_Jacks

Rough_Rock
Hi Madelise!

Oh! I should inlude some of that info, right?! We actually met on Match.com, I had gone on some dud dates (wierd guys hide everywhere) and we connected having same values and he makes me laugh. We had a break 2 years in for about a month. He was inexperienced since I was his first real gf ever and he realized I was the one, and he just became ready this past year. Something about girls, it's finding the one, and guys it's more about factoring in timing too :razz: Since we've been together so long, we pretty much know everything about each other and honest and open about everything kids (we'll try but if can't happen, that's ok), money, future plans etc. We're in our early 30's.

As for the ring journey, here's a my post on RockyTalk about it:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/waiting-for-my-custom-set-how-did-i-do-on-stone-price.189700/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/waiting-for-my-custom-set-how-did-i-do-on-stone-price.189700/[/URL]
In the early stages of our relationship, he was like oh why does it have to be a DIAMOND, kinda anti doing what society tells me to. But I think he wants me to be happy now :) We went pretty modest on budget even though we could definitely do more. That extra moola goes towards Europe (Munich, Prague, Rome, Paris) in the fall and house fund.

And we just told our realtor to stop the house hunting, we're going to wait for the market to cool off later this year or the next downturn in the next few years and just live our dream of renting by the beach (you gotta live once). We love Orange County and we're close to work. My coworker keeps trying to get me to buy in IE too, Eastvale and take the train like him, but I love my short commute. I wish you guys luck in your house search! Interest rates are steadily rising too :/

For the wedding, I think if we can try to pull something off simpler by the beach, we'll see. But yes, venues are crazy pricey here! My friends did gorgeous destination weddings in Oahu and Cabo for much cheaper!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
welcome!!! :wavey:

another match.com couple here - going on 2 years in july! Hope your stay is short and sweet! :wavey: :wavey:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to LIW! Have you seen the ring yet? Is it hiding in your house somewhere? :bigsmile:

P.S. Yikes, I'm sorry that you went through that with your parents!

Jumpin_Jacks

Rough_Rock
Thanks. No, I don't want to see it in it's final state before I get proposed to. I'd personally just go way MORE nuts than I already feel. At this point, I'm thinking maybe next month? Another couple mentioned going to Santa Barbara and he keeps asking me, did you set it up, are we going? He probably is trying to make it not too planning obvious...who knows?!

Thanks all for your comments about my parents. Yeah it's been hard but my mom is in a better place now, dad got remarried this April, still just talk sporadically, still just really weird for me.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Your ring sounds beautiful, always a fan of milgrain! Sorry about your dad...that is a really crappy situation. Glad that your mom is moving past it though and that hopefully there is a proposal on the horizon for you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results