shape
carat
color
clarity

NEW LOGR 18K LEGACY!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2009 3:48:12 PM
Author: cellentani
Date: 8/3/2009 3:38:05 PM

Author: szh07

Has anyone ever tried shopping the stone to LOGR?

His listings say they''ll do it for free, but there is risk involved- losing the stone on its way there, not being happy with the polish of the setting once you get it (I''m guessing it would not be ''returnable'' after a stone has been set), not being happy with the diamonds, or even a poor setting job altogether.

I''ve been thinking about giving it a try anyway though, because setting fees seem like they can really add up.
Can you give me a link? I don''t find where you can send the stone to LOGR for setting - maybe it''s only certan settings. When I was trying to set my umbalite, he asked for pics to see my stone, but he specifically said they''re not set up to take customer''s stones.

I haven''t have the most experience with LOGR, but given that they''re sometimes inconsistant with quality, I''d be nervous about sending them a stone. And what if you get someone who''s not skilled, and they chip/crack your stone? It will be very difficult to recoup your losses.

I think I missed this a while ago, sorry! I thought I had read it on their listings, but this is the closest I could find about ''main stone replacement'' after going back and checking...

"Lord of Gem Rings offers comprehensive custom services including ring resizing, main stone replacement, ring engraving, and ring and earring matching. If you are not completely satisfied, your jewelry can be returned even if you''ve customized it. If unfortunately your items are damaged in transit, they are still fully refundable if we are notified within two days of the delivery date."

the phrase that I initially read and thought about isn''t there anymore...

33.gif
maybe they''ve changed their policy?

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Those settings are gorgeous. And they make me happy. Thanks for posting them!

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 10:43:56 PM
Date: 8/4/2009 9:14:13 PM

Author: fierypyropixy

Date: 8/4/2009 8:08:06 PM

A Nigerian topaz for you in a ''nice size'' - hmmm, we''re talking double digits, aren''t we?!
9.gif
That sounds spectacular!! Hey, whatever happened to your amethyst - is it being set?

Gary talked me DOWN! He seemed a little . . . apprehensive, I think something about not having cut this rough before, not knowing if it would have the desired result pour moi. I think he wanted to get me down to a size that would be a little more normal for other people to buy, in case I didn''t like it. So we agreed on a 10mm.
9.gif

Still no amethyst action.
20.gif
Waiting on a jeweler here about another ring . . . told myself I''d wait until things with him were solidified, but he''s taking MUCH longer than I expected. Still 99% sure I''m going with etsy Sally though.

Man, you''re still waiting on that peridot ring?!

So Gary talked you down to 10mm, huh??!! Snort!
9.gif
It will still be a stunner!

Yes indeed, I am STILL! WAITING! It''s a weird situation b/c the hubs has to handle contacting the guy . . . just weird. There are other projects waiting, people!!! Heh.

Ok, enough about me. This is your thread.
3.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 8:39:59 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
After you get it set, you should walk into Tiff&Co with it and see if the SA mistakes it for one of their aqua legacies. It''s been known to happen!!
Sorry TL, I just now saw this. I do have a Tiffany & Co in the area, and I''ve always wanted to just take a peek. Funny thing is, I printed out 3 different views of the real Legacy to take to my jewelers - I''d love to have the bezel as flush as the real one. He wasn''t very optimistic about bezeling the stone though
15.gif
, but I couldn''t tell if he was just being really cautious after mangling my umbalite setting. I''ll eithe wait until the benchman returns next week, or may swing by Quest to see what they say (but gosh, that''ll be another $150 probably
14.gif
)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/5/2009 6:41:06 PM

After you get it set, you should walk into Tiff&Co with it and see if the SA mistakes it for one of their aqua legacies. It''s been known to happen!!
Sorry TL, I just now saw this. I do have a Tiffany & Co in the area, and I''ve always wanted to just take a peek. Funny thing is, I printed out 3 different views of the real Legacy to take to my jewelers - I''d love to have the bezel as flush as the real one. He wasn''t very optimistic about bezeling the stone though
15.gif
, but I couldn''t tell if he was just being really cautious after mangling my umbalite setting. I''ll eithe wait until the benchman returns next week, or may swing by Quest to see what they say (but gosh, that''ll be another $150 probably
14.gif
)
Yes, it may cost another $150 to set it, but that''s still a savings of at least $10K from the TIff price for the whole ring.
2.gif
LOL!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 6:49:25 PM

15.gif
14.gif
)
Yes, it may cost another $150 to set it, but that''s still a savings of at least $10K from the TIff price for the whole ring.
2.gif
LOL!!
Awww, you''re no help, LOL!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 4:52:20 PM
Author: Babyblue033
Wow you''re building quite a selection!
30.gif
I''m really looking forward to seeing the final blue topaz ring, I think it''ll be stunning!

That is what I was thinking! How will you ever decide which ring to wear in the morning???
9.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
The setting is great!!!! I can''t wait to see it once it''s done because it looks awesome sitting in the setting.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
He wasn''t very optimistic about bezeling the stone though
15.gif
, but I couldn''t tell if he was just being really cautious after mangling my umbalite setting.
Did he say why?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thank you icekid - and to think that I used to never wear RHRs! I tend to wear one for awhile, instead of a different one everyday - I don''t know why.

princessplease - I''m glad you like the setting! It''s going to be a few days until the topaz is set - I''ve got other projects going on, and the benchman won''t be back until next week. Sigh....

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
The aqua legacy is gorgeous! and so are the rest of the rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results