shape
carat
color
clarity

NEW LOGR 18K LEGACY!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone ever tried shopping the stone to LOGR?

His listings say they''ll do it for free, but there is risk involved- losing the stone on its way there, not being happy with the polish of the setting once you get it (I''m guessing it would not be ''returnable'' after a stone has been set), not being happy with the diamonds, or even a poor setting job altogether.

I''ve been thinking about giving it a try anyway though, because setting fees seem like they can really add up.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2009 3:38:05 PM
Author: szh07
Has anyone ever tried shopping the stone to LOGR?

His listings say they''ll do it for free, but there is risk involved- losing the stone on its way there, not being happy with the polish of the setting once you get it (I''m guessing it would not be ''returnable'' after a stone has been set), not being happy with the diamonds, or even a poor setting job altogether.

I''ve been thinking about giving it a try anyway though, because setting fees seem like they can really add up.
Can you give me a link? I don''t find where you can send the stone to LOGR for setting - maybe it''s only certan settings. When I was trying to set my umbalite, he asked for pics to see my stone, but he specifically said they''re not set up to take customer''s stones.

I haven''t have the most experience with LOGR, but given that they''re sometimes inconsistant with quality, I''d be nervous about sending them a stone. And what if you get someone who''s not skilled, and they chip/crack your stone? It will be very difficult to recoup your losses.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your really nice comments, vespergirl, charmy, and Lauren!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
LOGR does not accept stones as far as I know. There are other ebay sellers that do. I have done it once and the stone was apparantly lost!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It polish looks great! The diamonds are also very clear with no glaring faults.

I also recall seeing LOGR stating in their listing that they will set the stone if you ship it to them. That said, I’m not sure I’ll trust them to do the work without damage to the gemstone, not to mention the risk of shipping a high priced stone overseas and back.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Chrono - I was surprised by how nice the diamonds were, and I got this setting for a great auction price, not a BIN.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a comparison shot with my morganite ring. The overall legacy halo is a tad larger, but the morganite is slightly bigger than the topaz.

legacy morganite ring comparison.JPG

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I forget, did you upgrade the diamonds in your morganite setting too?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2009 6:08:05 PM
Author: Babyblue033
I forget, did you upgrade the diamonds in your morganite setting too?
Yeah, I did upgrade the diamonds on the morganite setting, but since they''re in rose gold, it''s hard to compare.

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
It''s so beautiful! I can''t wait to see it set. I''m in love with your topaz- that''s exactly the look I was dreaming of when I started the other thread. Can I ask where you got the topaz? I would love to find something like it but prong set it in his 7 mm setting. So, so gorgeous! It''s going to be FABULOUS.

BTW your ering is stunning...

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 2:14:27 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 8/3/2009 1:39:56 PM
Author: cellentani
My other LOGR setting is 14k, but it''s at the jeweler''s still - I''m going to pick it up later and I''ll be back with comparison shots. Here is my 14k ER, but it''s dirty and worn, so not a great comparison. The diamonds in both are VS though.
Who is your ering by? The setting is just lovely. btw.. your peridot is lovely, not at all ugly!!
Aww, thanks for your lovely comments, SDL! My ER was made by my local jeweler. And the peridot, well....I''m glad you liked it, but that was it''s best glamour shot. It''s pretty fugly IRL!

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
I am late to the party here, but oooooh, when I saw the blue topaz in this setting . . . I had to swoon.

(I have such a soft spot for lighter blue topaz, I don''t care if PS turns up it''s collective nose to it. hehe. I''m even experimenting with a new one . . . )

I think I just might need to save a picture of this one . . .
18.gif
because it''s so beautiful!

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
That''s going to be one beautiful ring cellentani! I like it with the round amethyst too. And I LOOOOOVE your morganite in rose gold.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 12:58:16 AM
Author: upgrade
It''s so beautiful! I can''t wait to see it set. I''m in love with your topaz- that''s exactly the look I was dreaming of when I started the other thread. Can I ask where you got the topaz? I would love to find something like it but prong set it in his 7 mm setting. So, so gorgeous! It''s going to be FABULOUS.

BTW your ering is stunning...
Thanks very much, upgrade! My topaz was cut by Bob Kast. He sometimes has some stones on eBay under vallejo916. I haven''t bought anything through his auctions, though - I''ve always just contacted him by email. His stones tend to be lighter in color (but not always), but he''s a very talented faceter. He also cut my morganite in a barion cushion. Some other PSers have gotten stones by him, just run a search. One more thing: I happened to see an 8mm pale aqua in the same cut as my topaz on diamond bistro that was cut by him. I know you want a 7mm - just throwing that out there.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 1:14:46 PM
Author: fierypyropixy
I am late to the party here, but oooooh, when I saw the blue topaz in this setting . . . I had to swoon.

(I have such a soft spot for lighter blue topaz, I don''t care if PS turns up it''s collective nose to it. hehe. I''m even experimenting with a new one . . . )

18.gif
Hi FPP! Yeah, I think blue topaz was my first love many years ago, but it''s so nice to finally have one cut like this. Sooooo, what blue topaz project do you have going on? I''m very curious!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 1:30:24 PM
Author: QueenB29
That''s going to be one beautiful ring cellentani! I like it with the round amethyst too. And I LOOOOOVE your morganite in rose gold.
Thanks for the nice comments, QueenB! I''m really hoping to be able to set my amethyst in a similar setting, but my jeweler wasn''t too optimistic. I''ll have to wait until the bench man gets back.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I snagged my other LOGR ring back from the jewelers - it's still not fixed
14.gif
, but it won't be until the benchman gets back next week. So here are some comparison shots - the umbalite is set in 14K, and the legacy is 18K. Both rings have upgraded diamonds (supposedly!
20.gif
)

This was taken in very indirect natural light (afternoon window).

logrcomp1.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Still in the window. I think the 18k ring is brighter.

logrcomp2a.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
The under-the-hand shot that we all do.

logrcomp3.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
The 18k ring is on the bottom - you can''t really tell the difference.

logrcomp4.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
All three LOGR settings together!

logrcomp5.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Last one.

logrcomp7.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous settings!!!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow you''re building quite a selection!
30.gif
I''m really looking forward to seeing the final blue topaz ring, I think it''ll be stunning!

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 1:58:07 PM
Date: 8/4/2009 1:14:46 PM

18.gif
Hi FPP! Yeah, I think blue topaz was my first love many years ago, but it''s so nice to finally have one cut like this. Sooooo, what blue topaz project do you have going on? I''m very curious!

Hmm, I was bugging Gary at Finewater about cutting another stone for me, but I ended up going in 40 different directions from that. Poor Gary! In the midst of the back and forth, he mentioned that he had just gotten in some naturally blue Nigerian topaz in some nice sizes. I''d been thinking an aqua asscher . . . and the pic of the rough he showed me seemed v.similar to aqua rough, so I got in line and am really anxious to see how this "experiment" works. Haven''t started a thread b/c I sort of wanted to see how it turned out first, also didn''t want to jinx it.
2.gif
Fun fun fun!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

Date: 8/4/2009 5:22:03 PM

Hmm, I was bugging Gary at Finewater about cutting another stone for me, but I ended up going in 40 different directions from that. Poor Gary! In the midst of the back and forth, he mentioned that he had just gotten in some naturally blue Nigerian topaz in some nice sizes. I''d been thinking an aqua asscher . . . and the pic of the rough he showed me seemed v.similar to aqua rough, so I got in line and am really anxious to see how this ''experiment'' works. Haven''t started a thread b/c I sort of wanted to see how it turned out first, also didn''t want to jinx it.
2.gif
Fun fun fun!
A Nigerian topaz for you in a "nice size" - hmmm, we''re talking double digits, aren''t we?!
9.gif
That sounds spectacular!! Hey, whatever happened to your amethyst - is it being set?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After you get it set, you should walk into Tiff&Co with it and see if the SA mistakes it for one of their aqua legacies. It''s been known to happen!!

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 8:08:06 PM

Date: 8/4/2009 5:22:03 PM

Hmm, I was bugging Gary at Finewater about cutting another stone for me, but I ended up going in 40 different directions from that. Poor Gary! In the midst of the back and forth, he mentioned that he had just gotten in some naturally blue Nigerian topaz in some nice sizes. I''d been thinking an aqua asscher . . . and the pic of the rough he showed me seemed v.similar to aqua rough, so I got in line and am really anxious to see how this ''experiment'' works. Haven''t started a thread b/c I sort of wanted to see how it turned out first, also didn''t want to jinx it.
2.gif
Fun fun fun!
A Nigerian topaz for you in a ''nice size'' - hmmm, we''re talking double digits, aren''t we?!
9.gif
That sounds spectacular!! Hey, whatever happened to your amethyst - is it being set?

Gary talked me DOWN! He seemed a little . . . apprehensive, I think something about not having cut this rough before, not knowing if it would have the desired result pour moi. I think he wanted to get me down to a size that would be a little more normal for other people to buy, in case I didn''t like it. So we agreed on a 10mm.
9.gif

Still no amethyst action.
20.gif
Waiting on a jeweler here about another ring . . . told myself I''d wait until things with him were solidified, but he''s taking MUCH longer than I expected. Still 99% sure I''m going with etsy Sally though.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 9:14:13 PM

Date: 8/4/2009 8:08:06 PM
A Nigerian topaz for you in a ''nice size'' - hmmm, we''re talking double digits, aren''t we?!
9.gif

Gary talked me DOWN! He seemed a little . . . apprehensive, I think something about not having cut this rough before, not knowing if it would have the desired result pour moi. I think he wanted to get me down to a size that would be a little more normal for other people to buy, in case I didn''t like it. So we agreed on a 10mm.
9.gif

Still no amethyst action.
20.gif
Waiting on a jeweler here about another ring . . . told myself I''d wait until things with him were solidified, but he''s taking MUCH longer than I expected. Still 99% sure I''m going with etsy Sally though.
Man, you''re still waiting on that peridot ring?!

So Gary talked you down to 10mm, huh??!! Snort!
9.gif
It will still be a stunner!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results