shape
carat
color
clarity

New Car or Used (improved)

Do you prefer to buy your cars new or used, and why?

• Used! I like my cars to have some character!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • New! New cars are a worthwhile investment!

• Fascinating question! I''ll put down anything just to be able to see the answers!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t been able to buy brand new yet, and don''t know if I will. With my last purchase, I bought a car that was "almost brand new" with very few miles and almost all of it''s warranty left. To me, that is probably ideal, either that or a new car that has come down in price because the new version of the car has about to/just came out because you get most of the perks of new without it losing quite as much value because it''s already come down from brand new status.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
I voted used. My car is 17 years old, and it suprisingly hasn''t kicked the bucket yet (knock on wood).
If I had unlimited funds, of course I''d buy new. But I don''t, so previously loved it is!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 4:56:16 AM
Author: Lorelei
Only ever bought one new car, doubt I would do it again. I prefer preowned in great condition.
Ditto. My one new car was the biggest lemon of them all (Land Rover Freelander)... I ditched it a few days before the 3 yr. warranty was up after it had left me beside the road three times, once a thousand miles from home (took 3 weeks to be fixed & had to be flat-bed-trucked back). OY. And the car itself was pulled from production, so it wasn''t just mine. I didn''t have the heart to sell it privately, so I traded it to a dealer who''d have to guarantee it -- but, sure enough, it was scrap metal just nine months later (according to Car Fax). I feel better knowing its not leaving a 16 yr. old girl stranded on a dark highway late at night. SHUDDER.

We replaced it with my ''05 RAV4 that was a year old w/only 8K miles on it at the time. That was three years ago now & its been a champ so far. DH is about to take delivery on a fully pimped out ''06 Prius w/just 35K miles that''s not much more than the two cars he''s trading/selling for various reasons. One is valued so low that he''s basically giving it to a friend who needs a car badly. The other is a mint condition Miata he thought he''d always keep as a "fun car" -- but it isn''t so fun anymore. (Northeast weather, mid age spread) But that''s the one with the real value toward the trade ... so, gotsta do whatcha gotsta do. I was angling toward a less pimped ''08 Prius but DH really wanted some "toys" to make parting with his baby a bit easier. Eh, its *his* car. At least maybe he''ll leave MINE alone now. (He NEVER EVER EVER wanted to drive either of his -- we''ll see how THIS move shakes down). Will be saving some in insurance & maint & gas too ... we hope.

One thing I''ll NEVER do again is buy a first model year car. I believe what I read in Consumer Reports. I shun the cute-but-low-rated VWs & Audis & Minis and embrace Toyota & Honda & (in my dreams Acura & Lexus
3.gif
).

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2009 4:56:16 AM
Author: Lorelei
Only ever bought one new car, doubt I would do it again. I prefer preowned in great condition.
yep,same here my Brit gf unless i hit the lottery.
9.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I bought a new Crossfire a couple years ago, got ripped off and had no idea, then took a huge pay cut at work that made me have to return it and ruin my credit.

Needless to say, I do NOT buy new unless I have an enormous down payment anymore. I am all about used cars now. My husband is handy, and my dad and brother can fix almost any car. So I''m good lol.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results