shape
carat
color
clarity

New Barry Bridgestock Supernova Mozambique Tourmaline

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Nice stone!!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
It''s really pretty! Barry cuts great ovals.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, lovely! I think split prong or the bezel sound great!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Stepcut, Mr Ma Re, Brandy, Amethyst Guy, Inner Kitten & Novel -- I appreciate everyone''s feedback - it has certainly given me some food for thought!

I should also add the first photo is Barry''s photo, not mine.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous stone! I love it.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW that''s a pretty stone.

And you''ve gotten some outstanding setting ideas. Good luck picking one, and Congrats!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Hey beautiful, but of course I am bias ;-).

You stone looks similar to mine, and I think it really needs the yellow gold next to it to bring out the blue and keep the gray in check. I was thinking of doing a halo, but I thought it would be too much for my stone.

Now I am leaning towards an LOGR ring with a yellow gold head, baguette side stones and WG shank. Something like that might work for your stone too. Small step cut stones won''t overpower that blue. I find when I put my tourmaline next to my ACA studs, that the ACA''s take over.

But it is a great color, and I bet you can''t wait to get it set so that you can wear it, no matter what setting you pick.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you very much charmy and stone hunter
9.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 12:38:40 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Hey beautiful, but of course I am bias ;-).

You stone looks similar to mine, and I think it really needs the yellow gold next to it to bring out the blue and keep the gray in check. I was thinking of doing a halo, but I thought it would be too much for my stone.

Now I am leaning towards an LOGR ring with a yellow gold head, baguette side stones and WG shank. Something like that might work for your stone too. Small step cut stones won''t overpower that blue. I find when I put my tourmaline next to my ACA studs, that the ACA''s take over.

But it is a great color, and I bet you can''t wait to get it set so that you can wear it, no matter what setting you pick.

Thanks very much for your input LtlFirecracker it is very helpful to me, I like the sounds of the setting you have picked out for yours (known when it will be done? I''d love to see pics!)

You''re right I can''t wait to have it set so I can wear it
9.gif
I am at the moment having a lot of trouble deciding what to do -- I certainly appreciate everyone who has offered opinions in helping me decide!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
bling addict,

I am in the middle of a big move to a different state, so I am going to wait a month or so just so that my jewelry does not accidentally ship to a place I no longer live!

I promise I will put pics up when I set it.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous tourmaline! I would love to see this set in yellow gold.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Best of luck with your move LtlFirecracker -- and very sensible about not ordering anything right now...it would be the worst if something got lost in transit!

Thanks Simply Splendid -- I appreciate your input on the setting
1.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
I tried to take a few more photos of the stone this weekend in daylight (but indoors no direct sun) and at sunset...here they are...

bb tourm _ resize.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How pretty!! I would definitely do yellow gold on this stone.

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!! That''s gorgeous!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Man That is a gorgeous stone!!!! I thought I didn''t like Ovals very much... but seeing all these lovely supernovas.... is making me want one soooo badly now

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks TL
1.gif
it''s looking like a lot of people think that yellow gold will suit this stone better, I appreciate your input.

Thank you dancing flame for your kind comments.

Thanks D & T --- I really love the supernova cut -- this is my first one, the chunky facets are great!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone, BA! I''d been wondering who got it.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
BA, I was looking through my photos thinking about your stone...and don''t shoot me,as I know you''ve chosen BGD.. but I think it would be so pretty in the "Coati" James Meyer, classic split shank with bezel and in two tone!
30.gif

What do you think...
How about the idea at least of a split shank and bezel, if not exactly a JM..?
I''m sure BGD could some up with something wonderful..

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
(I apologize as I can''t recall who''s gorgeous ring this is..)
but how about something like this..?
Perhaps a lil less bling on the shank, as you wanted to steer away from that..?

split shank for BA.jpg

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Kay and Princess for your kind comments
1.gif

30.gif
30.gif
the split shank cushion you just posted AJ -- i have recently been pondering a spilt shank sort of like that one, but then a lot of my inspiration pics sent to BGD were caleb meyer, and other fairly plain (i.e. few diamonds) designs....I got a bit overwhelmed with all the possibilities, so I am hoping that after seeing the stone BGD will be able to interpret the things I liked
1.gif

I did ponder the James Meyer Coati ring, especially as I saw one in white and green gold which i really liked....but I wasn't sure how it would look since my stone is larger than all the ones that I've seen, so will keep that on the list for potential future projects
31.gif
31.gif

Will keep you updated when designs are worked out...
36.gif

ETA. You read my mind...I have been pondering a plain bezel, with some sort of split shank (most inspirations pics were of that nature)--- will wait to hear what brian thinks
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2009 8:43:43 AM
Author: bling addict
Thank you Kay and Princess for your kind comments
1.gif

30.gif
30.gif
the split shank cushion you just posted AJ -- i have recently been pondering a spilt shank sort of like that one, but then a lot of my inspiration pics sent to BGD were caleb meyer, and other fairly plain (i.e. few diamonds) designs....I got a bit overwhelmed with all the possibilities, so I am hoping that after seeing the stone BGD will be able to interpret the things I liked
1.gif

I did ponder the James Meyer Coati ring, especially as I saw one in white and green gold which i really liked....but I wasn''t sure how it would look since my stone is larger than all the ones that I''ve seen, so will keep that on the list for potential future projects
31.gif
31.gif

Will keep you updated when designs are worked out...
36.gif

ETA. You read my mind...I have been pondering a plain bezel, with some sort of split shank (most inspirations pics were of that nature)--- will wait to hear what brian thinks
5.gif

Ha ha - I think we both have similar (good tastes)
9.gif

That was my thoughts exactly for your oval - I think the split shank, leading into a fluid bezel, will really bring it together with the larger size, if you kwim?

Apparently Brian is way better than I at reading minds when it comes to design!
9.gif
I''m sure he will come up with something perfect.

I''m thinking, you can keep it plain metal but still add interest with something in the profile/gallery or touches like JM-esque shank wraps, and of course considering different colour golds. I have to admit a green gold touch sounds like fun!

Really looking forward to what you both come up with, do share along the way if you can!
36.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
AJ are you a psychic (hint; page 1)?
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2009 1:01:21 PM
Author: ma re
2.gif

Oh! rofl - sorry Ma Re, I never even read that post - you are right, you and I have described exactly the same thing for BA''s stone..
Well, great minds certainly think very close alike at least in this case, hey?
5.gif

9.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/17/2009 5:58:28 PM
Author: arjunajane
Date: 10/17/2009 1:01:21 PM

Author: ma re

2.gif

Oh! rofl - sorry Ma Re, I never even read that post - you are right, you and I have described exactly the same thing for BA''s stone..

Well, great minds certainly think very close alike at least in this case, hey?
5.gif

9.gif

lol yes you and Mr Mare were pointing me in the same direction (thanks to both of you
9.gif
)

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh thanks for posting more photos. It really does look lovely. Keep us updated!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME COLOR....I can''t wait to see the finished product!!!

Lori

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results