shape
carat
color
clarity

New 1.05 Chrysoberyl

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, there was this question about a place for woodcarving on the PS... Since there is something about shoes and purses here...why not a subforum where people can post things handmade by them? I bet there are many talents among the PS-ers!

And your piece of wood, VL, is wonderful! I have no doubt that were we living in prehistoric times, you'd be the first to carve out and use a stone tool!
1.gif
emsmile.gif

Such an interesting way to use the simplest things, stuff that surrounds us!

Forgot to mention the stone...I was under an impression that I did so before, but no, sorry... The green is stunning!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
OFF-TOPIC SIDE BAR

LIGNUM VITAE? How long did it take to grow even a decent-sized bit of it?

Also, please tell me it was struck by lightning or something . . .

For non-plant people; lignum vitae is an EXTREMELY slow growing Florida native tree, which is almost never found in the wild anymore. The slower the tree grows, the harder the wood (that sounds like a Zen koan, doesn't it?) so Vapid had to work hard to get anything out of it. It much harder than oak. It's also difficult to grow in "captivity" as I have tried very hard. It is very particular about it's placement, water, light, etc. I was ready to wait for several years to see it grow taller then the 1 foot stick that I had, but then it got "hurricaned" (that's a verb down here).

END OF OFF-TOPIC SIDE BAR

Nice stone, great carvings! Burled woods are a nightmare to work, good job!

Please post the original ebay pic so we can compare and contrast to your RL pictures. It will help us "decode" Tan's pictures.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am impressed with your skill and creativity! Wish I can own one of your bowls too. But, back on topic! I hope you don’t mind posting Tan’s original picture or a video screen capture together with yours so others can see the accuracy of the two. Maybe this way we can decode his descriptive adjectives for Crasru.

11.gif
9.gif

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
An excellent idea Chrono, sorry I didn''t think to do it myself. This one fell under the rubric of "extraordinarily gorgeous" which is 3 steps up from "ordinary gorgeous" unless the "extra" modifies "ordinary" thus making the stone really quite ordinary but gorgeous.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370383799406&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/24/2010 11:16:12 AM
Author: VapidLapid
An excellent idea Chrono, sorry I didn't think to do it myself. This one fell under the rubric of 'extraordinarily gorgeous' which is 3 steps up from 'ordinary gorgeous' unless the 'extra' modifies 'ordinary' thus making the stone really quite ordinary but gorgeous.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370383799406&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Clickable link.
The stone colour looks quite true to Tan’s video, given the slight differences caused by our poor photography and lighting for most of us.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunningly true to picture!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results