shape
carat
color
clarity

Neighbor rant...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rfath

Shiny_Rock
y''all are trying to ruin my vain dream that moving OUT of the apartment will makes things better!
2.gif

I might have to get more hints from you, f&i... I truly need more entertainment with the snobs in the area (it''s a community of million-dollar homes; fiance''s parents'' is ''only'' 3/4 of that!).

The mayor of Boston was trying to force his employees to go out and remove the various chairs, cones, trashcans, small children, lawn chairs that people were using to mark their parking places... the employees got pretty scared at the threats, especially the old retired money standing there throwing things at them. I''m not sure how well that''s gone over, really. I also know that they were trying to tow cars double and triple parked in some of the narrow alleys after some people died when the fire trucks couldn''t get to them, but they''ve lost a lot of enthusiasm for the task after a few months.

Then, there was someone in the area who threw scalding coffee at a meter maid''s face when she was ticketing his H2 for being double-parked. She''d asked the passenger in the car to move it elsewhere; when she refused, the officer tried to write the ticket and now has some pretty severe burns. I''ll bet that man is the same sort of neighbor somewhere out there..

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2005 8:46:50 PM
Then, there was someone in the area who threw scalding coffee at a meter maid''s face when she was ticketing his H2 for being double-parked. She''d asked the passenger in the car to move it elsewhere; when she refused, the officer tried to write the ticket and now has some pretty severe burns. I''ll bet that man is the same sort of neighbor somewhere out there..

I firmly believe this person has some serious bad karma coming for them one of these days.

That poor woman... she''s just doing her job.
7.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
That''s just criminal! I agree GG, karma''s going to be a bi-atch for that psycho someday.

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
I know parking meter people are supposed to be the lowest form of life but still that is a little extreme don''t ya think? They are only doing a job. Although in Melbourne they have started paying them danger money rates as a few have been beaten up lately by people who didn''t agree that a ticket was in order.

mostlywatching

Rough_Rock
I have some noisy neighbors, and it drives us insane. They seem to want to walk around the apartment in steel toed boots and stilettos all day every day. They never seem to take the shoes off. We have hardwood floors. That, and all their furniture appears to be on casters, since they like to roll it around every few days. But the worst is the sex noises. They have regular, ****-sounding sex at all hours. I''ve been woken up at 3am on a weekday to the woman moaning. Now, far be it from me to ask them not to enjoy each other, but for goodness sakes, aren''t they even a little embarrassed that they are being loud enough to wake the folks below them?

That''s just noise though and I suppose that''s what you get living in an apartment building, so we don''t complain too much, we just think towards the time when shared walls won''t be an issue.

I''m also in Boston, and with this recent snowstorm I saw the best parking space saver yet: a computer tower wearing an orange t-shirt.

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
rfath - I can''t believe that person who scalded the meter maid. Actually, I can believe it because I have some theories about people who drive H2s, but I''ll keep them to myself. :razz:

The original Southie crackdown on parking was precipitated by a fire on my old street (unless there were multiple things like that). It wasn''t an alley, it was a half-wide one-way street where people park on the sidewalk. It was tragic, but it''s ridiculous for them to start cracking down like that without working on parking options in general, which I think is why the efforts faded. It wasn''t even resident only until recently, and then it''s resident only during the day, which doesn''t make any sense.

mostlywatching - some people get off on loud, audible to other sex. If I were you I''d pound on the wall, or make some orgasmic noises yourself. They have no shame, why should you?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Blue, I was going to make a similar comment about the H2 but held off....I''m with you!!
2.gif

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Blue - I tried to hold off, and obviously failed.
11.gif

rfath

Shiny_Rock
I have those theories too, but try not to say them too loudly since my neighbor has one. Bright yellow.. he was SO proud when the engine finally broke in and he was getting optimal gas mileage. He didn''t think it was funny when I pointed out that his *best* gas mileage is worse than my car''s - when I''ve been at the track totally wide-open throttle the entire time. Ah, well...

As for sex noises.. I used to have an insane housemate that had the most amazing fake orgasms (with her bedroom door open). What made it even better was her macaw started to pick up and repeat those noises - usually when she brought over a new boyfriend. She never figured out where the bird was learning it and kept insisting that the bird''s obviously-disgusting former owners had let her learn those things. I''m still laughing about it...

Right - didn''t remember the specifics about the fire... most of the roadways in Boston look like alleys to me...
2.gif
I agree about the parking situation. You can''t just make these random rules and try to enforce them without giving people a chance to DO something about it.

aeli

Rough_Rock
Oh my goodness - so many bad neighbor stories!

Well, my fiance and I had gone down to the SPCA several times and I had fallen head over heals for a little black and white medium haired kitten named Elmo. My fiance decided to get him as my Christmas present and asked our landlord/neighbor to watch him for a few days until Christmas morning (so it would be a surprise). Well, the landlord''s 18 year old son fell so in love with the cat too, that he kidnapped him. Every time the landlord tried to track down his son, his son took off and disappeared (with the cat) for a few more days. I still have yet to see my new cat. One of the reasons I wanted Elmo, and not any other cat, is that my fiance has stomach cancer, and it was like Elmo knew. On every visit, he would always walk over to my fiance and massage his stomach, then fall asleep on him, or crawl underneath my fiance''s sweater and start purring. He''s just the sweetest guy.

Another bad neighbor story has to do with our tenants. When my fiance and I got engaged, we planned to move into the house he was renting out (on a month to month lease). Upon giving his tenants notice, they became so bitter and malcious that what should have been a simple process, became a major battle. They signed papers agreeing to move out last November - they''re still there. They got lawyers, we got lawyers, they''ve been arrested once for trespassing, and they''re still there. At a court ruling yesterday, the judge stated that if they''re not out by next week, they will be arrested on charges of trepassing, home invasion, and their children will be taken by social services for anywhere from 6 months to indefinitely (this is in a city that by far favors tenants to landlords). The sad thing is, is that if they had been cooperative from the beginning, things would never have gotten so ugly. The house has a one bedroom apartment on the bottom floor that we were going to offer to move into, so they wouldn''t have to move out. But they refused to pay rent as soon as they received notice, and were so nasty/rude, that we didn''t consider that an option anymore.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Omigod, Aeli, those are terrible!! You could probably have the landlord''s kid charged with theft--the cat is in your name on the SPCA papers, right? How HORRIBLE, especially since he was kind of a "healer" for your honey
7.gif

And as far as the squatters from hell--that''s just unbelieveble. To repeat what''s been said on this thread, some peole have NO SHAME!!

aeli

Rough_Rock
blueroses - thanks for the sympathy. we thought about pressing charges against the landlord''s son, but the landlord has been such a help with the squatters, that we can''t bring ourselves to do it. at least we know the cat is being well taken care of, even if the kid is a jerk.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
omg, that is horrible. I really hope that your kitten is safe. How does the father not know where the son is? Like if he was living at home enough to see and get so attatched ot the kitten to now just running away from home for the kitten?

and for your house, since its yours...can you change the locks so they can''t get in? or I guess I"d be nervous they''d try to do something while I was in the house and I''d want a security system...that way if they (or anyone else, for that matter) ever tried entering the police would be notified asap. my friend has had a similar situation, she was supposed to move into her uncle''s condo he rents out, so notice was given in september! and he did the same thing, stopped paying rent, and in November they started all these legal things and she finally just found a different place to live becuase they guy wouldn''t give out or pay rent. I guess I''d get all irrational and go in during the day, throw all their junk outside and have the locks changed that same afternoon. don''t know if that''s legal either tho...

but yikes, I really hope that both issues get resolved asap.

aeli

Rough_Rock
The kid has been keeping the cat at his mother''s house, and since the landlord and ex-wife aren''t on the best of terms, she isn''t inclined to be helpful. The kid actually isn''t a bad kid at all, he''s just got some issues (lots of family drama) and animals have this way of giving unconditional love...

As for the house, we did get the locks changed, but didn''t move in right away (their furniture was still there, plus we wanted to repaint, have the carpets cleaned, etc.). Since the address was still on the tenants'' drivers licenses, they got a locksmith and got right back in. I don''t think we''re allowed to just walk in (even if we own the house) while they''re still living there...we need court orders and a sheriff accompanying us...something like that. I believe a restraining order might be part of the judge''s ruling since they''ve been particularly difficult, though.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t believe its so complicated! The world would make so much more sense if we had common sense in our laws! Its your house, they dont pay rent, they were given notice, therefore, its your house! Bah, makes me mad!

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
I don''t really have neighbors, I live in the country, but my 13 year old daughter walks to her Granny''s house after school. One day I got a call at work from her screaming and crying(she never cries)She told me to get to the corner above my ex-mol''s house she''d been attacked by a pit bull. I drove like a
emvamp.gif
outa heck to get there. When I arrived she told me the man yelled at her to ''leave his dog alone''. Her arm was in his mouth at the time!!!!!He had bitten her twice on her leg then clamped down on her arm when she busted him in his nose to get him of her leg. Then he called his dog off her and went inside his house!!!!A neighbor called the police and let her call me. When the man came outside the officer had to tackle me to the ground cause I went after that SOB. His neighbor were so mad his dog got death threats and he had to send it away. I wasn''t so much upset with the dog as I was the OWNER!!!!
29.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
omg..bling - was your daughter ok?
Did the a-hole guy have to put his dog to sleep? i know that''s what happens near me if they attack a person. That is so scary. I can''t believe the guy was more interested in protecting the safety of his dog instead of seeing if your daughter was alright.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Bling: Oh my GOD. Is your daughter alright? Is she afraid of dogs now? Honestly Bling, I'm not for this (usually) but in your situation, I WOULD HAVE SUED HIS REAR END! Just on principal. Don't dogs have to be on leashes at all times? That is the law in Quebec. I can't imagine your outrage.

LADIES!
What about the H2??? I want to know! I have no idea what you are talking about. (And I'm a big car fan) So is there some sort of stigma attached to it? Do tell.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
bling... oh my god!! Is she ok? If your insurance covers it, you might want to take her to a counselor to get over the trauma... how absolutely terrifying... I would''ve jumped him, too!! I love dogs and I think all dogs are good dogs... and when people turn good dogs into bad dogs I just want to kill them!!!
29.gif
((hugs)) to her from me!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I agree GG--I''m a dog person, and I really believe that 99% of the time it''s evil as$hole owners who are to blame for violent behavior. Bling, how is she now? You must have been absolutely beside yourself!!

Alley, the H2 is the Hummer--this like, gass-guzzling military assault vehicle. Basically a GARGANTUAN SUV. To each his own, but it definitely carries the stereotype about the driver that a flashy red sportscar would in terms of, ummmm, phallic over-compensastion!!
2.gif

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
My daughter is fine now. She has two scars on the back of her leg and scars on her arm where his teeth punctured her. He had her arm kinda in the corner of his mouth so his eye tooth went through the top and bottom. He had a good grip on her. Their jaws lock shut when they bite. She kept punching the dog but it didn''t releash til the owner yelled. She has always loved animals and wanted to be a vet since....since she could talk. Now she is petrified of all animals. That''s what gets me the most is it killed her spirit. I hope she gets over it. The dog is okay(with the exception of a bloody nose and she knocked one of his teeth out on the side of his mouth not biting her)They watched the dog for a couple of weeks then he sent it to live with family in the country. My insurance payed and I didn''t pursue it. I didn''t want to tramatize her more. But if I ever catch the owner out......
29.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2005 11
6.gif
5:38 AM
Author: mostlywatching
I have some noisy neighbors, and it drives us insane. They seem to want to walk around the apartment in steel toed boots and stilettos all day every day. They never seem to take the shoes off. We have hardwood floors.

I can sooo relate!! We live in a wood contructed condo w hardwood floors & we hear everything our neighbors do
7.gif
our upstairs Ns never take their shoes off & stomp around continuously (it''s like they never sit down!). Our downstairs Ns always crank their music & yell at each other & slam doors - we can hear full conversations. On either side, they have barky dogs that don''t shut up. From the outside Ns we have frat-like parties on any decent weather day (in the Ns backyards, on balconies, rooftops, etc). We live in very much a party town & we''ve outgrown it in 1.5 yrs... so we''re going to look at houses in the burbs today. I NEVER thought we''d be moving AGAIN before we got married but we''ve had it w living in a noisy box... i just don''t know if i''m ready to commute >1 hr each way each day
14.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2005 8:33:13 AM
Author: alexah

Date: 1/25/2005 11
6.gif
5:38 AM
Author: mostlywatching
I have some noisy neighbors, and it drives us insane. They seem to want to walk around the apartment in steel toed boots and stilettos all day every day. They never seem to take the shoes off. We have hardwood floors.

I can sooo relate!! We live in a wood contructed condo w hardwood floors & we hear everything our neighbors do
7.gif
our upstairs Ns never take their shoes off & stomp around continuously (it''s like they never sit down!). Our downstairs Ns always crank their music & yell at each other & slam doors - we can hear full conversations. On either side, they have barky dogs that don''t shut up. From the outside Ns we have frat-like parties on any decent weather day (in the Ns backyards, on balconies, rooftops, etc). We live in very much a party town & we''ve outgrown it in 1.5 yrs... so we''re going to look at houses in the burbs today. I NEVER thought we''d be moving AGAIN before we got married but we''ve had it w living in a noisy box... i just don''t know if i''m ready to commute >1 hr each way each day
14.gif
Alexah, think long and hard about where you''re moving--as we''ve discussed, 1 hr each way may be okay for some pple but I hate it.
14.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
29.gif
ARGHRHGHRHGHAHAHGHR!!!!!!! BAD NEIGHBORS!!!
29.gif

Our neighbors drive us so crazy in the fall. We rake the leaves and acorns up as they fall so our yard is pretty clean. Well our neighbor insists on raking/leaf blowing their yard debris into our yard
29.gif
29.gif
. It got so bad that h2b started blowing it back back into their yard. It turned into an all out battle after that. It was like tennis on a much slower scale. Eventually it did subside. It''s nowhere near as bad as it was in the past but we still catch them on occasion.

In the summer they always seem to blow their driveway off ONLY after I''ve spent three hours washing and detailing my car. And of COURSE they have to blow it in OUR direction. So after all that time my car ends up covered in a fine layer of dirt.
29.gif

OH! And ANOTHER thing. 1/3 of our property is wooded but it butts up to someone elses property in another neighborhood and it always has a thick layer of leaves on the ground. I can''t tell you how many times I''ve gone back there and found their garbage in our woods. It''s so gross. Drink cans, watermelon rinds, cigarette boxes, old shoes... We thought we could take care of it by putting up an 8ft stockade fence. HA! They just throw it over now! And about once every few weeks we have to walk around the backside of the fence to remove their junk because they''ll prop their bikes, shovels, old tires, etc..against it. The fence sits back three feet from the property line so I told h2b that the next time they do it it''s going in to be taken to the dump. If it''s on our property then I think we have the right!
29.gif
29.gif
Then their little dog has the nerve to crawl under a section of the fence and growl at me in OUR yard. We are SO going to build out in the middle of nowhere after this because I can''t take neighbors that are just plain stupid.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Well our neighbor insists on raking/leaf blowing their yard debris into our yard
29.gif
29.gif
. It got so bad that h2b started blowing it back back into their yard. It turned into an all out battle after that. It was like tennis on a much slower scale.
Had me laughing really hard!!!
face20.gif

Deputy74

Rough_Rock
I recently moved out of a crappy apt complex with rude neighbors on two sides of me that either played their muisc really loud at 4 am OR sounding like the WWF at 1 am. You would have thought the floor was going to fall out with all the crashing around they did. HOWEVER...I was always able to "fix" my problems by scaring the sh#t out of them. Both my fiance and I are deputies with the sheriff''s dept. So when the neighbros started acting like fools, we''d go over to their door in full uniformand bang on it with out flashlights. Better than using your fist. Then when the "innocent" (because they always turn the music down when the cops show up) neighbor would answer the door we''d say "We were told that there was loud music or noise coming from this apartment from your neighbor...you wouldn''t know anything about that would you?" They''d always say," no way...our apt has been quite or all we are doing is watching a movie." Then I''d go "Really, are you sure about that?" And of course they play dumb. And I''d say "Really...well just an FYI...we ARE you neighbors and not only have you violated the noise ordinance but you''ve also lied to a peace officer which is a Class B misdemeanor which means we can take you to jail right now. Would you like to recant your story?" The look on their dumb faces was always priceless. and we''d never have a single problem until we got new neighbors and it would start all over again. Sometimes this job is priceless.
21.gif

Deputy74

Rough_Rock
BLING: Why did your insurance have to pay for it? Did he not have any home owner''s insurance? If his dog bites someone regardless of whether it''s at the park, the store or at home, his home owner''s insurnace is suppossed to pay for it. Or at least they could reimburse your insurance.

I know from personal experience because I was at the city park with my boyfriend and our two dogs. both on leashes. We were walking on the far right side of the track. The dogs are mutts but very very sweet and hardly ever bark. This guy is coming in the opposite direction and running straight for us. I saw him up aways but figured he would move since he was on the wrong side of the track anyways. He runs around my boyfriend and his dog and runs straight towards me and he''s only like 3 feet away. So I freak and try to move but he neds up having to hurdle my dog. Well...my dog panics as well because I guess she thought the guy was going attack me...hell that''s what I thought so she jumps up and grabs his shirt and pulls him away from me. This is about 9pm at night and its dark. My dog lets go as soon as he hits the ground but she stands there growling at him. He starts yelling that he was bit...which he wasn''t. And says he needs an ambulance, that my dog attacked him. Both my boyfriend and my are standing there, mouths open and cant believe he has the nerve to say that. Personally, I think that was his intent all along. Because the next thing out of his mouth was that he was going to sue us and he needed to get in touch with our home owner''s insurance people. I didnt even know home owners insurance was liable for stuff happening away from home. And even then, it wasn''t our fault. But in the end we won. Not because we went to court, but because we lived and a crappy house in the ghetto anyways and had no home owner''s insurance. the minute he found out from his "lawyer" we never heard a peep out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results