shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your help! :) Tension Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chaneybran

Rough_Rock
hi!

I have been searching desperately for a similir ring setting as found in a Movado store. My GF loves the princess cut and the tension setting with the wall like setting. I have looked and looked and haven''t found anything ... I found a ring I really like on here from a post over 3 years ago. I attached some pictures with what I am looking for (more or less). I would appreciate any input and suggestions as to where to go.

Thanks!

abcdlku.jpg

chaneybran

Rough_Rock
Pic 2

Thanks Again!

doifad.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Chaneybran:

First of all, welcome to PS!
35.gif

I love that setting you've posted. I remember seeing it, but I don't recall who it belongs to.

I'm sure someone here will help you find it, or something similar.

I share your taste in settings, so I'm looking forward to seeing how your quest progresses!

Good luck and enjoy the journey!
36.gif

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Is this what you are looking for? I''m not sure who the ''original'' designer is but you can get this setting here
Tension Setting.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a "similar" Claude Thibaudeau design.
He's one of my favorite designers.

Claude Tibaudeau 7.JPG

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Another CT

Another CT.JPG

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Two tone.

CT two tone.JPG

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a pic I saved.
It might be from a PS posting, but I''m not sure.

MaybefromPS.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
"True" tension settings... Gelin Abaci

GelinAbaciTensionSetting.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
and Steven Kretchmer to name just two.

Kretchmer Omega Tension Setting.jpg

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty setting! It''s not a tension setting, though.
2.gif

The only tension settings posted in this thread are those that Suzy posted. The others are more of a partial bezel setting. True tension settings don''t have anything under the diamond completing the ring. They''re always open. I lurve tension settings, but they can''t easily be resized, so I decided against getting one. I love all of the settings that have been posted here, though!
1.gif

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

The ring you''re describing sounds exactly like mine! I don''t know what part of the country you''re in, but the ring came from here: www.michelemercaldo.com, located in Boston. Here''s a picture of the ring with a round diamond. I''ve got a princess - I think the setting works better with a square shape. I''m still working on getting hand shots.

Leora ring.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2007 2:07:23 AM
Author: SuzyQZ
Here''s a pic I saved.
Suzy I''m so excited that you saved my picture! That is my Claude Thibadeau ring that I wear on my right hand. This is what it looks like now with a pink sapphire instead. I have been very pleased with the quality of the setting which I have had for over two years now.

pinkclthib.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/24/2007 5:45:49 PM
Author: Sundial

Here's a pic I saved.
It might be from a PS posting, but I'm not sure.
Suzy I'm so excited that you saved my picture! That is my Claude Thibadeau ring that I wear on my right hand. This is what it looks like now with a pink sapphire instead. I have been very pleased with the quality of the setting which I have had for over two years now.
Sundial:

Why am I not surprised??? We share the same taste! I saved the picture of your ring when I first started lurking around PS. It didn't register with me at the time that it was YOURS. I just knew that I loved it, so I saved it to my "Favorite rings" file on my computer. I'm glad you came here to clarify the designer AND your ownership of this lovely setting.

The Pink sapphire looks GORGEOUS in it!! Can I possibly like it any more than I already did?? Why, YES I DO! Time for me to save it in it's "pink" version now too!
2.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found this similar true tension setting in yg from James Allen. You could contact them and see if they can make it in wg or platinum. JA also has a lot of other great tension settings.

Here it is:
James Allen Tension Set ERing

JATension.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Saltymuffin just posted her ering which looks a lot like what you''re looking for, how serendipitous:

Saltymuffin''s ERing

saltymuffinset.JPG

Jensia

Shiny_Rock
My band is in white gold and looks like havens picture, except white gold. It is semi tension, in that it is also
chanel set, but looks tension set. I paid 400 for it custom made at unsion diamond, and its a heavy ring.

Just got a new computer and lost all my photos from my old drive that died
7.gif
So no photos, but does look just like havens pic.

EMPTorres

Shiny_Rock
Hello. I am rather new to posting but have been lurkin for a long time. Have you by chance looked into this designer for tension rings? They have some great tension rings for princess cuts.
http://www.gelinabaci.com/index2.html

Hope this helps you.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2007 5:58:51 PM

Date: 8/24/2007 5:45:49 PM
Author: Sundial

Here''s a pic I saved.
Suzy I''m so excited that you saved my picture! That is my Claude Thibadeau ring that I wear on my right hand. This is what it looks like now with a pink sapphire instead. I have been very pleased with the quality of the setting which I have had for over two years now.
Sundial:

Why am I not surprised??? We share the same taste! I saved the picture of your ring when I first started lurking around PS. It didn''t register with me at the time that it was YOURS. I just knew that I loved it, so I saved it to my ''Favorite rings'' file on my computer. I''m glad you came here to clarify the designer AND your ownership of this lovely setting.

The Pink sapphire looks GORGEOUS in it!! Can I possibly like it any more than I already did?? Why, YES I DO! Time for me to save it in it''s ''pink'' version now too!
2.gif
Thanks Suzy! We do like the same kinds of jewelry and of course we both have extremely good taste!!!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results