shape
carat
color
clarity

Need suggestions for industrial strength sun lotion.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brynn

Rough_Rock
Ellen, a great place to find almost all of the items suggested is at a surf or SCUBA shop. The ones I''ve frequented have great (cool looking!) UV-blocking clothing (O''Neill is the brand I''ve used, although Quicksilver also makes them as well), sunglasses, and a wide array of very strong/very waterproof Sunscreen!

Also, if as the Summer goes on and bugs become a problem, Orvis also has clothing with built-in bug repellent!

Good luck finding something that will help! What a great Mom to help!!!

Heidi137

Shiny_Rock
Ellen,if your son could see my face right now,he might budge with the hat. I just had a basal cell carcinoma removed from my face last Wednesday and have 14 stitches near my eye right now (with a skin flap to cover the hole). It was a very small basal cell cancer and the Mohs surgery removed it with the first attempt. Sometimes they have to go in for two or three (or even more) layers. I've never been in a tanning bed or even spent much time in the sun but I do have fair skin. My dermatologist office recommends Blue Lizard sunscreen. I see that they have a web site at www.bluelizard.net

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2008 7:58:10 PM
Author: Miranda

Date: 6/29/2008 7:51:35 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 6/29/2008 7:49:56 PM
Author: Miranda
No prob! We don''t want any sunburned boys, do we?
9.gif

And, yes, tell him to either get a loofah or use an exfoliating body wash to get the residue off. I saw DH in the shower using my scrub and I thought ''WTF!'' My face must have had a creeped out expression because he quickly said, ''It''s the only thing that gets the sunscreen off!'' Haha!
lol.gif
Priceless!
It totally was! He''s Mr. Manly Man, too, so he was just moritifed! I guess the only thing worse for him would be for me to broadcast it on a public internet forum!
ohno.gif
OMG, too too funny!! That made me belly laugh.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Brynn, thank you! The only problem is, I live in IL, we don''t have any scuba/surf shops here that I''m aware of. Could be why I''ve never seen anyone surfing the Mississippi...
9.gif
But I''ll check the yellow pages to be sure.
2.gif
And if not he can always order online. These clothes are really intruiging!

Heidi, I am so sorry to hear that, and especially when you don''t even get in the sun much! I hope your healing goes well, and I will tell my son about you, just in case it could change his mind. And thanks so much for the link. That sounds like a great product also!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results