shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions on choosing "budget" rubies

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funnily enough, one of the major gem dealers said he encountered similar fake display rings near the beginning of his career & waved all the stones away with annoyance. He regrets it now because he said he waved away a lot of really good material.

Then he remembers these exact stones awfully well for someone who never considered them and waved them away :mrgreen2:. I don't find this tale believable at all.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Funnily enough, one of the major gem dealers said he encountered similar fake display rings near the beginning of his career & waved all the stones away with annoyance. He regrets it now because he said he waved away a lot of really good material.

I’ve seen many Burmese stones come from Myanmar with cheap settings. I think is a regulation for export of stones.

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
Then he remembers these exact stones awfully well for someone who never considered them and waved them away :mrgreen2:. I don't find this tale believable at all.

Well, that's...something. I don't know, I wasn't there.

His opinion on quality was based on his later work with those sellers. The ring portion was not even intended as part of the sale---it was simply used to display the stones.

I shared his experience as an example of circumstances where the quality of the 'setting' was not indicative of the quality of the gemstone. Which is what seems, to me, to be the case in this thread.

balasruby

Rough_Rock
hi thanks All for the discussion..

regarding the ring setting, its material and stone accents, one must consider that among different countries (or continents), there will be some culture or habits differences.. choice of gold and silver may have different perspective from the buyer or the wearer..

thanks

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results