shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with sapphire eternity band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I''m in the process of having a custom sapphire eternity band created to wear between my wedding band and e-ring. Essentially the ring will act as a spacer because my shared-prong eternity band is eating into the basket of my e-ring, thus I decided that the new ring would be channel set. I prefer square stones in channel-set rings so there is no space between stones, and this is where I''m running into trouble...

At heart, I''m a step-cut girl. Ideally I would love the sapphire eternity band to be in carre cut stones, but so far the only quote I could get in this cut is from Facets. Are there other vendors that can create a carre-cut sapphire eternity band?

Second, I''d love to hear others'' opinions on carre-cut vs. princess cut sapphires. I''m wondering if sapphires are too dark to get the full effect of a step cut, thus maybe I should go with a cut with more sparkle? While I''m not a girl who loves a lot of sparkle, I don''t want the carre-cut eternity band to look flat. I''d love to hear from anybody who has a ring with carre-cut sapphires if anybody on PS has one. Thanks!!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
LynnB as a SP sapphire and diamond carre cut eternity

SMTR thread sapphire eternity

and I know SP used to do one that''s all sapphires. I''ll see if I can dig up that thread. I emailed them about a year ago and asked if they could still make the all-sapphire version and the answer was yes.

Found it! This one is actually from the Natural Sapphire co

Aurelia''s SMTR

Tiffany makes a luicda version that a friend of mine has as an e-ring. It looks a little dark, but it might just be dirty
2.gif

Good luck with your search!

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
I think a band of French cut sapphires might be nice too, but may be even harder to find.

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
I just received my new sapphire eternity band today. It''s bigger than you seem to be looking for, but at least it''ll give you an idea. It''s 3.15 ct princess cut sapphires.

LSSaph33.jpg

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another view.

LCSaph44.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results