shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help! I''m indecisive, purchasing from whiteflash.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Perry, thank you for the heads-up via email. I exchanged messages with Smebbs a few minutes ago and we will make sure all goes well with the lady''s precious ears
1.gif

smebbs

Rough_Rock
Ok I got the earrings....They weren''t as big as I hoped but I knew they would be kind of small. I was happy to see that I got a verification letter with the diamonds being appraised at $600!!! That''s awesome. Whiteflash gave me excellent service, especially JohnQuixote, he made sure I was as comfortable as possible and gave his all to make sure I''d be happy and to make sure everything went smoothly. I got them right on time as scheduled. I keep looking at the earrings, they may be a bit small but damn it they''re beautiful!!! Actually I think 1/3 CT TW for earrings are good sizes, I placed them next to my ear and they''re bigger than I actually thought. I will definitely be buying more diamond jewelry from whiteflash, thanks John!!!

I can''t wait to surprise her on Christmas morning. She''s always been wanting me to get her a ring so I wanted to surprise her w/the box open (because if closed, she might be expecting too much, such as a ring) in her face when she wakes up in the morning. What do you guys think of my idea?

smebbs

Rough_Rock
One weird thing to add to the whole experience, I bought the .30 CT. TW white gold 14k diamond earrings G-SI. But the verification letter says: One pair 14K white gold diamond stud earrings with whiteflash logo, containing two round diamonds of about .30 carat TW. (G-VS). They appraisers are saying it''s G-VS but I ordered G-SI from whiteflash.com. I don''t get it? I know something doesn''t look right, either the appraisers are wrong or whiteflash.com are incorrect with the clarity...Can someone explain please?

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you liked the earings.

Grading is not an exact science, and it is quite common for the same diamond to be graded off by one by another grader. In your case. What Whiteflash called SI1 the appraisre called VS2. Not that uncommon.

My appriasial went the other way in both color and clarity.

Perry

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Smebbs, thanks so much for the kind words.

As Perry noted, you are the beneficiary in this case. Goods like these earrings are not lab certified so we try to assess them in-house at the minimum of what they will be graded. We are usually correct or (in this case) a bit strict. The area appraisers we use are independent. The who did your verification saw them as VS rather than SI.

The volumes at this time of the year are so high that things like this will sometimes happen. If it does and it is not in your favor we will look into it and resolve it. If it's in your favor like this one... Enjoy!

Another important point: If you are putting these on your insurance be sure to provide the fact that they are laser-inscribed.

smebbs

Rough_Rock
Right on! Thanks for the information.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kewl you got a better grade than you paid for :}
In all honesty grading small diamonds is problematic at best.
I have a .15 h&a that I bought as a g/h si1 they guy I had set it swears its an F or higher and if its an si1 its the cleanest si1 iv ever seen.
4 tiny pinpoints that you have to work to see at 10x.
Most vendors give a range when selling them ie. G-H VS-SI1 for that very reason.

Im sure she will love them!

smebbs

Rough_Rock
Originally posted by Researcher (7/04) "Keep in mind that WF offers a discount to PS members, so the prices listed will be less if you mention this forum"

Is this discount still available? I mentioned PriceScope when I bought the earrings and didn''t receive any discount? I guess it''s no longer available...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The discount only applies to lose diamonds as far as I know.

smebbs

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the late update but she was absolutely stunned! She loves it and I love it too! I find myself staring as the diamonds every chance I get, they''re so beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results