shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help! I''m indecisive, purchasing from whiteflash.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

smebbs

Rough_Rock
Ok I''ve read enough about whiteflash on this site to trust and purchase from them. I''m a first time diamond buyer and I want to get my gf some diamond earrings, I''m contemplating on whether to get:

WFER-4RPt-025 $340.00
Expertly Selected pairs of apprx 0.25ct TW (3.20mm) ideal cut diamonds G VS set in Platinum

or this:

WFER-4RWG-030 $340.00
Expertly Selected pairs of apprx 0.30ct TW (3.40mm) ideal cut diamonds G SI set in 14K white gold

Same price but ones platinum and the other is 14 K gold. Platinum one has .25 CT TW and the 14 K has .3 CT TW. What do you guys think? I''m going to buy it tomorrow, so I can have it shipped to me on X-mas eve! Should I go with the platinum? Or should I go with the .05 bigger diamond CT TW? Which is the better deal!?!? Thanks in advance.

P.S. this is my first post and I''m soooooo happy I found this site, plenty of great info that I haven''t taken advantage of. I was browsing the net to see whether to get Kay or Zales diamond earrings and I''m so happy I found this site. I was at the stores earlier yesterday (22nd), and I was tempted to buy a diamond from zales. With just an hour of reading on zales diamond info/education and this site, I''m going with whiteflash baby!!! Which would you buy for your girlfriend? Also I have a debit card (w/visa logo) and I was wondering if wf accepts a debit card? And is there a fee for a bank wire transfer from washington mutual? Thanks, thanks, thanks!!!

smebbs

Rough_Rock
Also WF ships FedEX overnight free! I''ve never gotten anything overnight before so about what time of day/night will my package arrive? Also if you''re from WF and you''re reading this, is there tax shipping to California? If no, I LOVE YOU GUYS!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One vote for platinum - it "sounds" better
2.gif
Btw, that size is my fav. for earrings - got a bunch of bezel set studs of 3-4mm (metal and all). They make colorful dots on the ear, subtle and playful IMO.

Happy Holidays!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2004 4:16:28 AM
Author: smebbs
Also WF ships FedEX overnight free! I've never gotten anything overnight before so about what time of day/night will my package arrive? Also if you're from WF and you're reading this, is there tax shipping to California? If no, I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Smebbs,

1. We use FedEx Priority Overnight, so it is guaranteed to be there by 10:30 AM.
2. No tax when we ship to CA.

We luv u 2
2.gif

(edited to reflect exact shipping arrival info)

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for the larger diamonds and the white gold setting. IMO it is a waste of money to pay for expensive platinum that will be hidden behind her earlobes.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
If she doesnt have an allergy to nickel I dont see the sence in paying for plat. for ear rings.
Does she wear other white gold ear rings?
Id go for the gold and bigger diamonds if so.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Acturally your responsible for collecting your own tax and submitting it. WF just can not collect tax from that state its up to you to do that.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
iceman--what are you from the IRS cool it already

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Windowshopper:

Iceman is right.

There is currently a temporary federel law that prevents states from collecting sales taxes from out of state companies like catalog and internet vendors. That tecnically does not prevent Whiteflash or any other vendor from in fact collecting it and submitting it to the individual states - its just that they do not have to (the other states cannot sue them). There are in fact internet vendors who do collect such sales taxes and submits them to the appropriate states.

However, the fact that the vendor does not have to collect the sales taxes does not mean that the purchaser is not legally liable for submitting the appropriate tax money to their state. An upcommnig thing with state tax audits (if you are being audited for other reasons) is to check peoples credit records and for records for extra paid sales taxes (the credit card company owns those records and co-opeates willingly with the states lest they be banned from operating in that state). There are now cases where people are cited for tax fraud on this issue, which gives the state authority to then fully audit multimple tax years... you don't want to be there.

The temporary federal law will be expiring. My latest information is that you can expect all catalog and internet vendors to be collecting sales taxes starting sometime in 2006 for all the states they ship to (if the purchasers state has a sales tax). The states have embarked on a massive sales tax standardization and simplified collection project, and about 1/2 of the states have already adopted the new standard (and most of the others have legislation pending).

Note that I am not with any tax orgainzation. My relationship with the state and federal tax authorities is soley the amount of money I pay in taxes. However, as a person who has a side business - it pays to know what the rules are and what is comming down the pike...

Perry

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Oh boy, what a lucky GF you have!

I too vote for the WG, I think platinum is unnecessary in earrings.

Heart

Rough_Rock
I vote for the WG only because their bigger. SI clarity is perfect for earings.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the white gold and the larger size diamonds.

smebbs

Rough_Rock
I just went to Kay Jewelers and they have the 1/3 CT diamond in 14K gold for $299, and it''s H-I/SI color/clarity. Why WF and not Kay? $40 differential. Probably a stupid question.

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Kay''s version of H-I/ SI2 is vastly different from Whiteflash''s. Go with Kay, and you will have visibly yellow, black speckled earrings. Trust me, I''ve gone that route, you don''t want to do the same.

1.gif

Heart

Rough_Rock
smebbss - if you want quality then go with WF.

Mayacamas

Rough_Rock
As a person who just purchased from Whiteflash, let me tell you that that operation is first class all the way. Do not go to a mall jeweler- they are not even in the same universe of quality.

I am a total jewelry snob. That being said, I would go with the white gold because the diamonds are actually a little better and the benefit of platinum versus gold is not there in a stud earring.

Thats my opinion, though..........

P.S.

the package is sent to a Fed ex station near you, and you go pick it up.

Maya

smebbs

Rough_Rock
Ok thanks guys, I just had a few questions, I was going to go with WF anyways. As for the FedEX overnight, I have to go pick it up? I thought they deliver to your house? Also with the diamond earrings, what else will I be getting besides that and the box? CLoth that cleans diamonds also?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Does she wear gold earrings or costume jewelry earrings now? If so, go with the white gold. If she doesn''t, it would be safer to go with the platinum. I have no problem with nickle in rings, but I can''t handle it in my ears.

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
I say go for the WG.........I had platinum studs and they were so thick they hurt my ears. WG is plenty for earrings!!

I just received a 3-stone pendant (3 -25 pointers) from Whiteflash expert selection I SI and the pendant ROCKS!!

Good luck!

Jaime

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I bought my ring from Whiteflash and am very pleased. They are a first class operation and they give you what you pay for.
My ring was sent to my home after I paid with a bank transfer
You should call and ask if they can ship to your home.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Many thanks (and happy holidays) to the posters who have provided such kind recommendations.

Smebbs,

Our policy it to send the package to a Fed Ex station convenient to you for pick up.

We used to ship to residences, but encountered too many instances where packages were left on doorsteps, blown around, rained on, delivered to an unintended recipient (ruining a surprise), etc. In short, there were too many variables out of our control for our comfort… Imagine searching for months to find the perfect item, having it carefully prepared, and then undergoing the heartbreak of having something go amiss in the final stage of delivery. This way we guarantee that only you will sign for and take safe possession of your purchase.

Solange's situation was unique, as she did not have the option of going to a station. She released us from liability in writing prior to shipping (which is not something we would recommend). We were able to accomodate her, but it was an exception to standard procedure. We prefer the security of the Fed Ex station.

Warm wishes to all,

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2004 6:42:53 PM
Author: marriahlyn
I say go for the WG.........I had platinum studs and they were so thick they hurt my ears. WG is plenty for earrings!!

I just received a 3-stone pendant (3 -25 pointers) from Whiteflash expert selection I SI and the pendant ROCKS!!

Good luck!

Jaime
And just WHERE are the pictures of this pendant?!
2.gif

I think they both sound like winners. You won''t go wrong with either.

Kay and Whiteflash aren''t even in the same ballgame in my opinion. Our e-ring was made by Brian at WF and has gorgeous workmanship and the stones are high quality. We went in kay the other day and my apologies in advance if i sound like a snob, but the quality of the workmanship just doesnt'' compare.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2004 7:10:48 PM
Author: JohnQuixote

Date: 12/22/2004 6:58:39 PM
Author: Patty
And just WHERE are the pictures of this pendant?!
2.gif

Patty,
1.gif
Jaime should receive photos from us tonight or tomorrow AM.
9.gif
9.gif
Thanks!
9.gif
9.gif

smebbs

Rough_Rock
Thanks John Quixote, you've been very helpful. Also what do you guys mean with nickel in rings? Sorry I'm really a newbie to the jewelry scene as well. I know my girlfriend does get bumps and rashes from metal that isn't gold. I've made up my mind, I'm going with the 1/3 CT TW W/ White gold!!! I would also prefer to have it shipped to a fedex station except I've never been to one in my city, I've always dealt w/ USPS. I can't wait to place an order and see the rings!!!

smebbs

Rough_Rock
one more very important question, will wf accept a debit card w/a Visa logo? I''ve used it before for sites that only accept credit cards and everything went fine. If I pay w/ my debit card by today or tomorrow, will my package be sent and ready for pick up on x-mas eve? I don''t know if using a debit card if package will be held until payment clears, I don''t know how that really works.

smebbs

Rough_Rock
Ok I couldn't wait any longer, it was killing me. I placed the order and hopefully everything goes well *crosses fingers* I'd like to say thanks to everyone in helping me make the decision. This is my first experience w/ buying jewelry, I've been with my girlfriend for 2 1/2 years, I know it took long to buy her jewelry but I've been broke lol. I hope the diamonds are beautiful, and if I enjoy the experience, I still have to buy her a necklace w/diamond pendant, diamond bracelet, anniversary ring, engagement ring and last but not least, a wedding ring! I hope to buy all of them from the one and only whiteflash.com! Hopefully I'll receive a discount in the future lol. Thanks again everybody! Your opinions were very helpful.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
smebbs:

Your comment about your GF getting rashes from other "metals" except gold concerns me. That is probalby an allergy to nickle. The original, and still somewhat common in the US, White Gold''s contains a heafty dose of Nickle. There are non-nickle white golds as well (and all white gold used in europe must be nickel free).

I suggest that you either quicly verify the white gold alloy does not contain nickle, or shift to yellow gold, or platinum ASAP (and a phone call tomorrow AM will do that).

Perry

smebbs

Rough_Rock
Shoot, I never knew that. But I think it''s ok, she wears an 18K white gold ring her mother gave her and she doesn''t have any skin irritations. I really want the white gold though, if she has problems, I have 10 days to return but I don''t know if I should really do that. I might just call to switch to yellow gold just to be on the safe side.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results