shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help finding an Asscher Stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
John
36.gif
attacks on Whiteflash are TOTALLY uncalled for
38.gif
- I was horrified that Storm would attack Whiteflash.

Storm signs EVERY post claiming not to be an expert on diamonds.
Therefore if he has not seen eye clean SI2 Asshers what difference does that make?
If he''s never seem an J color Asscher that faces white, that does not mean they don''t exist.

Sure strmdr adds a lot of positive input, but doesn''t it serve the forum if actual diamond experts add content?

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Someone else brought up the point that all the diamonds we''re talking about here are simply called "Asscher Cut" by the sellers.
There is a branded "Royal Asscher" diamond.

So- in someo cases a square emerald is called an Asscher which looks nothing like one- while in other cases a rectangualr diamond actually has an Asscher personality.
None of this is conveyed in the measurements, or numbers.
It''s in the corners and the way the facets line up.
This can be shown in a good digital photo- like some of those in this thread.

Monk- are you still set on IF?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2005 8:12:43 PM
Author: diamondsbylauren
but doesn't it serve the forum if actual diamond experts add content?
You dont qualify so I dont know why your here.
While im lowering myself to type a message to ya.
Where are those 60/60 asschers that can pass my tests you keep claiming to be able to get anytime you want?
Make em eyeclean si2's and why I might just proclaim you a diamond gem of a dealer :}
Till then well .....

btw you havent answered Garry's questions about the lighting you use either.
Yea lets put a 250W bulb behind the diamond thats the ticket to making it look bright.
Where can I get one for my finger?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was going to reply, but thought better of it.
11.gif

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Storm , I was trained to grade diamonds at Harry Winston Inc. between 1976-1979. I was so very bored sitting there grading diamonds ( I was like 19) so I finally quit and went to work at a parrot store for about 5 months.
Then I was a diamond grader at M Fabrikant and Sons from 1980-1983.
Since then I''ve been continuosly involved in the diamond business.
I''ve worked for sightholders. I''ve bought and sold diamonds all over the world.
Then in 1998 I opened my own diamond business.

What are you qualifications for judging who is, and is not an expert in diamonds?

I have never claimed to be able to get any Asscher type diamond "any time I want"- let alone a 60/60.

I use every lighting source available and never alter the photos- aside from cropping.
I guess you think we should take photos in the dark-

ALL good photos of diamonds- like GOG''s or WF''s - which are both very nice- use lighting to illuminate the diamond

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2005 8:51:09 PM
Author: diamondsbylauren

I use every lighting source available and never alter the photos- aside from cropping.
Didn''t know where better to drop this
2.gif

David, your diamond photos have this very obvious signature look - instantly recognizable on every Ebay copycat site
9.gif

There''s not much like them around - other types of photography could be ''second guessed'', reproduced by adjusting lighting etc. Not yours. Not until it occurred to me to take an oversized electronic one and crop severely. Which blurs lines and enhances contrast. And there it was - the stardust of your radiant pictures came up. Even if it may take special conditions to see that in flesh (definitely not in the usual bank vault gloom), they are very ''diamond'' to me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results