shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help!! Disappointed in Whiteflash! Please advise!

Bank3r

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I just ordered my engagement ring and wedding band from Whiteflash on 27th September 2021, and after two weeks of wait I received an email from Whiteflash saying that Benchmark made a wrong spec on the rings and that the ship date will be delay.
In Covid time, I understand that delays are normal but today after picking up the rings I am very disappointed in Whiteflash/ Benchmark Quality control. I feel like the ring and wedding bands are used. There are tons of hairline scratches on both rings and not to mention the big indented scratch at the top in the red circle. I feel like I need to send the rings back so they could fix this but I am not sure how long this whole process will take and not looking forward to more waiting.

Please let me know what I should do. Thank you in advance!

18533068-7AD6-4E95-864E-396D18D94CCB.jpeg EF915FF1-952C-4C8F-87E6-18CFBD4EE8A6.jpeg 85947B75-A032-4AED-A2B6-F8787EB12033.jpeg 83173DC3-896E-4C9C-8B51-D792D4C32298.jpeg

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Totally unacceptable in my view. I would suggest you select a different mounting. I was expecting, based on what you were describing in terms of wait time, that it was some elaborate mounting but it is a solitaire. I would pick something else that WF can put a rush on.

Bank3r

Rough_Rock
Totally unacceptable in my view. I would suggest you select a different mounting. I was expecting, based on what you were describing in terms of wait time, that it was some elaborate mounting but it is a solitaire. I would pick something else that WF can put a rush on.

This is actually a pave setting. Im going to post a couple photos comparing it to my brother’s 1 carat tiffany ring.

My ring is 1.52carat A Cut Above J VS2
You can still see the scratch in the photo too.
7A589435-3861-4B2B-A603-DA4FB0A8C859.jpeg B6B0C3A3-3254-4569-A18B-A3F42B9F8D58.jpeg

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I can’t tell if it’s just the photo or perhaps the prong tips are not matching???
Your stone is the best of the best… the rest can be resolved. Just sorry you have had to wait and now this.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am sure that Brian from WF will come along.
If not, contact him.
WF lives and dies by reviews of this and other forums.
I am shocked by the ring they sent you with all the marks on it.

Bank3r

Rough_Rock
I am sure that Brian from WF will come along.
If not, contact him.
WF lives and dies by reviews of this and other forums.
I am shocked by the ring they sent you with all the marks on it.

I am new to this forum so I do not know Brain. But one of the main reason I chose Whiteflash is mainly from all the great review and feedback from this forum. Just send them an email regarding the rings, hopefully they will make it right.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
That’s not how a new ring should be but WF generally proven that they will resolve issues. We see it here in the forum, let’s hope that Brian sees this and reaches out. Lovely diamond, btw. The ring situation is annoying but they’ll get it resolved.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dang I tried to tag Brian, but I can’t remember his username name. He will make it right.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah that finish looks unacceptable to me for a new ring. I would let them know.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did they send you any glamour shots of the ring?

Looks like the setting just needs polishing. Not sure if they can polish out that mark by the head but I'm sure it can be fixed
somehow.

Bank3r

Rough_Rock

Looks like the setting just needs polishing. Not sure if they can polish out that mark by the head but I'm sure it can be fixed
somehow.

No never got any glamour shots of the ring.

Here is a brief timeline of what happened.

Sep 27,2021 order was placed and funds were transfer, white flash said estimate ship date will be Oct 14,2021

Oct 14, 2021 got an email from whiteflash saying they received the engagement ring but not the wedding band from benchmark, and that benchmark need them to ship back engagement ring in order to build matching wedding band with unknown ship date
(dont know why benchmark doesnt have spec on the ring? Why have to ship back?)

Oct 17,2021 Whiteflash said they ship back the engagement ring and new estimate ship date is Oct 27, 2021

Oct 27, 2021 Got another email saying that the rings are delay and will be shipped on Oct 29 and will be upgraded to overnight.

And now after picking up the ring and inspecting it. We are here now..

Last edited:

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Bank3r ,
The photos you posted certainly do look like something went wrong with QC. I am very sorry for your disappointment and your inconvenience.

We will know more about the remedy as soon as we receive the piece back and can inspect it. We will absolutely give this priority and resolve the issue as fast as we can.

I apologize for your less than brilliant experience and I look forward to getting this resolved to your full satisfaction.

Bank3r

Rough_Rock
@Bank3r ,
The photos you posted certainly do look like something went wrong with QC. I am very sorry for your disappointment and your inconvenience.

We will know more about the remedy as soon as we receive the piece back and can inspect it. We will absolutely give this priority and resolve the issue as fast as we can.

I apologize for your less than brilliant experience and I look forward to getting this resolved to your full satisfaction.

Hi @Texas Leaguer

Thank you for getting back to me. I have emailed whiteflash support regarding this issue and now just waiting to hear back from them.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just want to say that your Diamond is remarkably beautiful. So lovely. I hope you get this issue resolved. I like the setting you chose a lot. I hope you can replicate it without the scratches. I’m sorry the quality control and timing of the setting was poor and I’m sure this will be resolved to your satisfaction by WF.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi @Texas Leaguer

Thank you for getting back to me. I have emailed whiteflash support regarding this issue and now just waiting to hear back from them.

Just to be sure, if you have not heard back from our customer care team by tomorrow mid-morning, please email me directly. [email protected]

Bank3r

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys!

Got an update from whiteflash today.

This first picture show where the big scratch used to be. Does this seem acceptable to you guys?
9512291D-0787-4FFD-A02B-E16387BCC48D.jpeg

These last three pic show some dark spot on the ring, I think it might be shadow/camera reflection? Not sure.. so please let me know what you guys think.

Thank you!
6E825936-AF8C-4BD2-93BD-CA40A7FC7D74.jpeg 1F44FD7C-4288-4EF8-893C-20CD785720D0.jpeg C322839A-DA30-4FF6-8BF5-6416227ED43E.jpeg

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you still have any confidence in WF, have them start the project all over again, if not get your money back and move on.

Even if they are dark spots because of the position of the camera light, I think you would have to agree they are pretty lousy pictures and for them to have sent you that to salvage the deal is just nuts.

If, you decide to stay with WF, I would not accept any correspondence or pictures until Brian OK’s it first.

Last edited:

dmack

Shiny_Rock
I’m sure it’s just reflection. You can even see it a bit in the first pic. But definitely shoot them a message to confirm before it ships or you will agonize until it’s in your hands! (This is a very pretty set BTW!)

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
I think it might be a reflection. I would definitely do a check with WF before it is shipped!

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I just ordered my engagement ring and wedding band from Whiteflash on 27th September 2021, and after two weeks of wait I received an email from Whiteflash saying that Benchmark made a wrong spec on the rings and that the ship date will be delay.
In Covid time, I understand that delays are normal but today after picking up the rings I am very disappointed in Whiteflash/ Benchmark Quality control. I feel like the ring and wedding bands are used. There are tons of hairline scratches on both rings and not to mention the big indented scratch at the top in the red circle. I feel like I need to send the rings back so they could fix this but I am not sure how long this whole process will take and not looking forward to more waiting.

Please let me know what I should do. Thank you in advance!

18533068-7AD6-4E95-864E-396D18D94CCB.jpeg EF915FF1-952C-4C8F-87E6-18CFBD4EE8A6.jpeg 85947B75-A032-4AED-A2B6-F8787EB12033.jpeg 83173DC3-896E-4C9C-8B51-D792D4C32298.jpeg

somehow my browser did not load the first part of the page and I missed this.

yes, i will be terribly disappointed but since the seller is WF, I believe that they will follow through on your case and rectify your concerns.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If the ring is indeed now fine, @WillyDiamond , why do you think Bank3r is entitled to a full refund?

Yes, if the ring is fine, the OP is OK. But is the ring fine? We do not know that. We certainly do not know that from the pictures. Molly, after the OP received a beat up ring, WF sends these “iffy” pictures. Brian is supposedly involved and they send these poor pictures? Is it a reflection and bad photography or is the ring still banged up? We don’t know. We are talking a good amount of money here, I want the OP to be 100% happy.

One other thought as I was writing above, if the ring they are sending back to the OP is a “repair”, I think the OP will always be taking out a loupe and looking for problems, that is why I say start over and take that problem out of the equation.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Frankly, this ring is not graceful because the (interchangeable) head doesn’t fit the shank. The ring wasn’t made by Whiteflash. It was made by Benchmark. I would advise you to pick a totally different setting that doesn’t have these issues. The finishing when you received it was deplorable, but there’s only so much they could do to make it look ok.

Also, do you like the look of those boxy prongs?

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think you need better photos to see if the issues have been resolved.

I think the setting is nice and the diamond is beautiful!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you know, @Bank3r , if that is an entirely new setting?

The reason I ask is because the 10-day time lag could be due to the fact that Benchmark created a new setting for your diamond; I'm thinking that if Whiteflash simply had their own "bench" polish the scratches out of the ring you returned, you would have gotten pics of the refreshed setting before today.

It is a smashing diamond, and like @tkyasx78 , I think the setting is nice, and a good value (when executed properly). I hope that you are soon made totally happy!

Bank3r

Rough_Rock
If the ring is indeed now fine, @WillyDiamond , why do you think Bank3r is entitled to a full refund?

Still within 30 days for full refund…

Do you know, @Bank3r , if that is an entirely new setting?

The reason I ask is because the 10-day time lag could be due to the fact that Benchmark created a new setting for your diamond; I'm thinking that if Whiteflash simply had their own "bench" polish the scratches out of the ring you returned, you would have gotten pics of the refreshed setting before today.

It is a smashing diamond, and like @tkyasx78 , I think the setting is nice, and a good value (when executed properly). I hope that you are soon made totally happy!

Looks like its the same ring, you can still see a bit of where the scratch was below the head in the first picture, 10 days cause of weekend and shipping…

@Texas Leaguer

Can you please personally inspect the ring and let me know what you think?

Bank3r

Rough_Rock
Yes, if the ring is fine, the OP is OK. But is the ring fine? We do not know that. We certainly do not know that from the pictures. Molly, after the OP received a beat up ring, WF sends these “iffy” pictures. Brian is supposedly involved and they send these poor pictures? Is it a reflection and bad photography or is the ring still banged up? We don’t know. We are talking a good amount of money here, I want the OP to be 100% happy.

One other thought as I was writing above, if the ring they are sending back to the OP is a “repair”, I think the OP will always be taking out a loupe and looking for problems, that is why I say start over and take that problem out of the equation.

Thanks @WillyDiamond,

I agree with you in this aspect, it feel like Im getting a repair/refurbish ring instead of a brand new ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results