shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help and info on setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JROC

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Does anyone have this setting or has anyone seen it in person? Any comments on the designer or JR Dunn''s?

http://store.jrdunn.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=trio00001

Please feel free to comment. I am looking at Pave settings but there are so many and this one looks nice. I don''t know any other info about it. I e-mailed them to send me more info regarding this ring and I would like to see a side shot.

Thanks!!!

jennyann2

Shiny_Rock
that link didn''t work for me....sorry.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
the link didn''t work for me either. I can say that I have never heard of JR Dunn''s...sorry I can''t be of more help..

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
seems way overpriced to me...
pretty though

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I agree with strm...it''s seems too expensive. But it is very pretty. You should go over to the Show Me The Ring Folder forum and look for the folder titled "Show me Your Eternity Sets." There are pieces there similar to what you are looking for.

Here is the link.

JROC

Rough_Rock
The $4k price was for all three rings minus the center stone of course, but it is 18kt. The plat would be 1k more.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I did figure the $4K price was for all three rings, but still, I think it''s a bit pricey. Check out this set from The Facets Collection. Notice that it is a full eternity platinum set with the three-ring concept. The set you posted is half eternity.

Again, it''s just my opinion regarding the price of the JR Dunn mounting. If you really like the one you posted and don''t mind the price tag, go for it!!! It''s a nice set.
1.gif

JROC

Rough_Rock
Thanks, I do agree that 4k is a lot especially since it is 18kt.

What I like about it is that it is Pave but without the sides (I don''t know how to explain it) having that look like the one you posted on the link. I like the flush sides more. I also don''t like the prongs just sitting on top, I like a little catherdral type look.

I prefer Plat to 18kt and I''m not looking for full pave or three rings for that matter, solitaire and one band. I have a side picture of that ring on the link and I don''t think I care for those prongs either.

Do you have any suggestions of other Paves that look more of what I am talking about?

Thanks!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I will try and find something else that is similair.
However I noticed in the close up from the side that the diamonds do look very sparkly. Perhaps it is just an odd shot.
What is it about these that you like? Is it the pave on two of the four prongs? Is it how the four prongs are set?
If you give a smide mroe info I will try and find something for you that is more reasonably priced.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Perhaps something like this from Rina Limor?

RL-04870165.JPG

JROC

Rough_Rock
Thanks Matatora, I don''t care for that much antique look. She doesn''t want to see the girdles or have the beads too big

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Okay kool! So she wants the stones deeply set into the middle, no girdles showing. What sixe mellee are you shotting for? How wide do you want the finished sat to be?

JROC

Rough_Rock
Matatora,
I''m not sure what you mean by "What sixe mellee are you shotting for?" Can you explain? She doesn''t like channel set, but she did say and if there is a boarder it needs to bed really small.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
size melee sorry!

JROC

Rough_Rock
Are you asking what size stones for the pave? I''m not sure. I want the band to be kinda thin but not too thin LOL Not quite as thin as micro pave.

I already have a .93 center stone.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's a pave eternity band from Antiqueengagementrings.com it's $625 for a full eternity in plat. I definitely think you can do better on the price than the ones you posted, even by going custom for a 3 band look.

L1107plA.jpg

JROC

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/10/2005 10:56:26 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Here''s a pave eternity band from Antiqueengagementrings.com it''s $625 for a full eternity in plat. I definitely think you can do better on the price than the ones you posted, even by going custom for a 3 band look.

L1107plA.jpg
Thanks I do like that band is there a matching solitaire?

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I see what you mean by the ''flat'' sides. It''s a good idea, that way the diamonds won''t rub against one another. I think your best bet is to go the custom route. It will almost certainly be cheaper.
I personally am not fond of how those 4 prongs are oriented. I would rotate them or go with 6. But that''s me. Any way you slice it, it''ll be beautiful.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results