shape
carat
color
clarity

Need a setting for my Asscher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blackhawk

Rough_Rock
Hi gang,

This is a great forum and the information here has been a big help. I''ve purchased my stone - a 1.15 Asscher(6.00x5.80x3.89), but I''m having a hard time deciding on a setting. I know that I want a setting with several pave-style round side diamonds. It also should be in White Gold. I know the rage today is with platinum, but the lady who is going to get this ring wants White Gold :). Gotta make the boss happy, right?
2.gif
I''ve looked at Firenze, but most of their settings seem to be for round diamonds... in fact, most settings everywhere seem to be for round diamonds. Does anyone have any suggestions on settings or retailers... or maybe you''ve just got a pretty picture you''d like to post. All help, advice, commentaries are appreciated. Thanks again!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just had my asscher set in a halo seeting by Quest. You can look up my thread in SMTR. It''s called Look Nan has her hand on my asscher. I would post a pic but unfortunatley I don''t know how to do that. I''m lame.
3.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Isn''t there a whole thread on pictures of settings with aschers somewhere?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup most of them were in the 4 threads that I had for this project.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s Kaleigh''s thread that has tons of pic with asscher settings.

here''s the setting Kaleigh had made by Quest.

kasscher02.JPG

kasscher01.JPG

kasscher03.JPG

kasscher04.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks mrrsalvo, you are sooo helpful!!!
36.gif

Blackhawk

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the links!

Blackhawk

Rough_Rock
I like this setting. It''s available on a particular website, but I can''t find much info about the company.

ringdingdingy.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you tell us which website???

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, if you tell us the company/website we should be able to help you out. that''s a very nice setting too..

Blackhawk

Rough_Rock
Sure I can list the website. I refrained from doing so, because I didn''t know if that type of thing was frowned upon or not. The website is www.engagement-ring-mountings.com. I have no idea who they are or the quality of the work, but I do like the setting. Here is a link to that particular setting PRINCESS CUT DIAMOND RING MOUNTING

Another thing, I don''t want to buy something cheap, but I don''t want to break the bank either with a setting. Thanks!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
we have a few other people show us pictures of rings from their site. In my opinion many of the settings look sloppy, for example the beads are not even in the bead settings etc.
even in the picture you posted the beads that hold the side diamonds in are not symmetrical. little things like that drive me nuts. their prices seem a little too good in my opinion and in this case i think you''d be getting what you pay for.
what about something like this from Whiteflash? you can always call or email them for a quote in WG
tmb_big_DSCN0131.jpg.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the link to a recent thread about the same company..

Blackhawk

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info Salvo... that''s a pretty ring from Whiteflash. Can you tell me which model # or design that is?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2005 10:39:02 PM
Author: Blackhawk
Thanks for the info Salvo... that''s a pretty ring from Whiteflash. Can you tell me which model # or design that is?

sure
1.gif
if you go to Whiteflash.com and go down to the WF gallery. it''s under the solitaires with sidestones and is called cushion galore..i''m sure they could do it with an asscher....

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Mrs S- that setting is just awesome.

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Mrs. S - its'' one of my favorite settings. I once had the pleasure of trying on a Cartier Cushion Cut diamond (2.5ct) in a setting very similar and it was absolutely breathtaking. It''s so elegant and really leads up to the most important part which is the big rock! Unfortunately it was $70,000 Canadian - my boyfriend dragged me out of Cartier really fast. I still have nightmares about the setting. Thanks for the pic.

Blackhawk

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/17/2005 10:47:21 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 10/17/2005 10:39:02 PM
Author: Blackhawk

sure
1.gif
if you go to Whiteflash.com and go down to the WF gallery. it''s under the solitaires with sidestones and is called cushion galore..i''m sure they could do it with an asscher....
Amazing what you can learn on this site ;-). As a matter of fact, my diamond is coming from whiteflash... if I go with them, I could get the whole package done. I''d never seen all these settings on the site before. I must have been diamond-blind.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results