shape
carat
color
clarity

my wife is getting 3 extra days off which equals to a 15% pay cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2009 12:05:46 AM
Author: Linda W
DF,

I am so sorry. Do you want to come live with Supa Granny and her hubby.
9.gif
you have a pool in the backyard,right?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2009 12:14:15 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

DF,

9.gif

Yes we do. It is heated too. With tropical flowers and plants all around it. Just waiting for you.
9.gif
so... when are ya coming, ha ha ha

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2009 12:18:45 AM

DF,

9.gif

Yes we do. It is heated too. With tropical flowers and plants all around it. Just waiting for you.
9.gif
just wanna be sure you have a home for my koi.
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2009 12:24:55 AM
Date: 7/11/2009 12:18:45 AM

DF,

9.gif

9.gif
just wanna be sure you have a home for my koi.
9.gif

Well, I am afraid if you put them in our pool, you would have POACHED FISH, FOR LUNCH!!!

rotflmao2.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry DF, hopefully this will be short lived....hopefully
32.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2009 12:07:24 AM
Author: DiamondSmitten
As a state employee getting cuts... it is completely exhausting hearing the ''it is better than losing your job '' over and over. I am a NJ state employee. I went to the best state colleges, got my masters by age 22. I work for the NJ DOC in a rather sought after program for promotional opportunity. I just entered my 27th month in the job. I have had my own ONE bedroom 600 sq ft apartment in a decent but nothing to brag about area of south jersey. I work TWO part time jobs and even with all of this can no longer afford to live on my own. I drive an economy car, don''t splurge (heck with 3 jobs who has time to splurge) Now my rent is going up but my salary is going down. The furlough days are a terrible economic blow to me but not enough time off to pick up another job to supplement. I still haven''t figured out why I have to suffer to fix a budget I didn''t break.
29.gif
If I can''t make ends meet WITH my job... why is that so much better than losing my job????

DS --- you''re right, it''s not fair. It is hard for many people to absorb a pay cut of that size. (Actually, it would probably be hard for most families to absorb a cut of that size.) And... when you work hard and put in your time and believe in what you''re doing, it is hard to hear people continually dumping on public servants. All I can offer is: hang in there. This economy will turn around at some point, and you will get the opportunity to move up to better paying positions.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sadly, it''s not just the state. Many private and public companies are already requesting their employees to accept pay cuts and take furloughs as well.
7.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
The pay cut sucks. My friends are going through something similar.

But what makes me mad is with all these days off means work is not getting done. I have been waiting for my medical license for over 7 months, and when I call, no one knows anything, and if I leave a message, I don''t get a call back. I am starting my first job in another state, so I just got a license in that one, and dealt with the wrath of my residency program. But CA has one of the most expensive fees in the country. I would like to get what I paid for. I just checked out a medical form, and it looks like I am not alone in this.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/10/2009 7:46:39 PM
Author: VRBeauty

So... I spent this Furlough Friday cleaning my kitchen. I expect to be bringing lunches to work more and eating out less!
12.gif
VR
35.gif
Furlough Friday tomorrow?

since you already cleaned your kitchen last Friday you can come over and clean mine tomorrow.
9.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2009 11:32:03 PM
Date: 7/10/2009 7:46:39 PM

Author: VRBeauty

So... I spent this Furlough Friday cleaning my kitchen. I expect to be bringing lunches to work more and eating out less!
12.gif
VR
35.gif
Furlough Friday tomorrow?

since you already cleaned your kitchen last Friday you can come over and clean mine tomorrow.
9.gif

Uhmmm... I would, but did I say that I finished cleaning my kitchen last Friday? I don''t think so!
2.gif

Thomperchik

Shiny_Rock
I took a 38% pay cut this year.

You know what HR told me?

"Just be thankful you have a job!"

I would just be grateful to have one and save in every possible way I could. The extra days off could give you the ability to rethink your career!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2009 10:54:25 PM
Author: movie zombie
still better than a 100% pay cut.........

mz
Exactly. I would love Fridays off actually, hahaha.

CA needs to do a lot more than just something like this and closing parks.

And the problem in CA has been around a lot longer than just 4 years....I remember when Arnie was brought in everyone thought he would SAVE CA. Wasn't that almost 8 years ago?

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
DF - so sorry for your wife. Hope the situation in CA improves soon.

DiamondSmitten - I feel your frustration
7.gif

Hopefully things will start turning around soon but won''t hold my breath. So far this year, I''ve lost a week''s vacation and 5% of my pay. Who knows what''s to come next.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2009 9:30:38 AM
Author: Thomperchik
I took a 38% pay cut this year.

You know what HR told me?

''Just be thankful you have a job!''

I would just be grateful to have one and save in every possible way I could. The extra days off could give you the ability to rethink your career!
WOW!!
6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results