shape
carat
color
clarity

My two new Victor Canera masterpieces :-)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
The exact phrase that just fell out of my mouth: "Holy sh!tballs that is just WOW"

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speechless :love: :love: :love: :love: your whole set is a Masterpiece honey! Wow! everything about the design flow and your engrave band ties in so beautifully with the milgrain on the e-ring. Just amazing! :love: :love: :love: Yssie! and of course the amount of Bling Wattage- could pop an eyeball or two out! :-o

GK2

Rough_Rock
It takes a lot for me to post (particularly as I forgot my old user password!), but this stunningly beautiful piece of jewellery deserves all the plaudits it is getting!

Can I also say that the picture in front of the window with the stones glowing on your elegant hand is breathtaking

Wear it in good health!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Yssie, masterpiece is the right word alright. :love: :love: :love: The milgrain detail on the baskets just makes the ring for me, and the engraved band is the most beautiful I have ever seen (along with the other couple that Victor has made here). I am definitely getting one of those as soon as I figure out what I want for my other rings!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie, it is insanely gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :cheeky: :love: :love: :cheeky: :love: :love: :cheeky:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yssie did you find your plain band? also if you get a chance to post more pics that would be great :) do you have any pics showing how the side stones are set?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TDF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous rings!! :love:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm speechless. You hit it out of the ballpark Yssie. Huge congratulations.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I didn't think your 3 stone could be topped. Well, you topped yourself! Beautiful design and it looks spectacular on you.
Totally made my day! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was also a PSer who was disheartened to hear you were resetting your 3 stone as I thought it was perfection! Well, this ring is beyond that... it's like your 3 stone but so much MORE! Congrats! You are a lucky lady :bigsmile:

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring, the detail is amazing!! Love the wedding band too...beautiful set all the way around. :appl:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Amazing Yssie, so happy that you finally got the ring deisgn you intended to have! They came out beautifully!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh WOW, Y, your new rings are breathtakingly beautiful!!!! ENJOY THEM!!!! They are truly works of art. :appl:

Newjewels

Shiny_Rock
My post last night did't show up for some reason (maybe since I tried replying as you were still posting pics).

Your rings are PERFECTION! Absolutely lovely.

The milgrained baskets holding the sidestones are my favorite part (maybe except for the HUGE diamon!), kinda remind me of James Meyer's platform setting which I love!

Congrats! :)

kris10

Rough_Rock
We haven't met. I am new here. But I needed to take a moment to tell you how exquisite your ring is. Congratulations on seeing your and dh's vision through. Magnificent!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
You definitely missed your calling Yssie. You have a unique gift for designing the most exquisite and beautiful jewelry pieces -- great style, great vision and an uncompromising attention to detail. Your new 5-stone ring is simply one of the most beautiful ring designs I have ever seen. I hope you have a lifetime of joy wearing your incredible new set. :love: :love: :love:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's simply stunning!!! What an amazing ring and the craftsmanship is just superb!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Dreamer you do have such a way with words ::) I loathe spiders :cheeky:

I do see what you mean about it looking *alive*. Looking at the photos is interesting - my three-stone looked the way it looked, and I thought the photos were very representative of what I saw IRL. This ring, though - it's just impossible to capture its personality on camera! All you really see in-person is the five stones wrapping around the finger, actually, so the details of the profile - the antiquey feel the milgrain evokes for example - is totally lost on casual glance...

It isn't subtle, that's for sure! It does look like a mish-mash of sparkle from afar - but it's a big, noticeable mish-mash :bigsmile: the 3.3mms on the ends wound up being a really nice fit, in terms of both appearance and comfort.

I started with four prongs too! Once you start that number just keeps going up, you'll see 8) I think I've reached saturation with eight though. I definitely agree that the big chunky facets of your OEC lend themselves to 6+...Actually the fact that there are only eight caused some trouble in orienting the stone - I'll go into that more in a bit.

Phoenix!! Another project? Goodness, you're just brimming with ideas!

Thank you! I don't mind.. I'm laughing at his response though. I was just telling DH this afternoon that there's really no point in paying the extra to insure it as a designer setting since if I damaged it beyond repair I'm not so sure VC would agree to make me another one!

I'm *drooling* over your yellow and rose cut halo :love: I wonder how that sort of halo would translate as stud jackets? :naughty:

More pics upcoming! I'll be keeping the threestone - somewhere there is a trio of garnets waiting to be unearthed ::)

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yup. yup, that's freakin' insanely gorgeous. insanely.

that right there certainly makes it all okay to say goodbye to your also-insanely-gorgeous three-stone!!!! love it, yssie!! i'm so glad that you do too and it all worked out so incredibly well!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wowee wow! It's really gorgeous!! :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
preg - thank you! It does look molten... I've never had a handforged piece before, and I didn't know what to expect. In comparing my cast threestone setting and this one I'm noticing that a lot of my assumptions were wrong, both ways - a lot of the changes I expected simply don't exist, or are far smaller than I imagined, and conversely there are some differences I never would have expected! I have some pics I'll post in a bit comparing the two, it's pretty nifty ::)

One of the big differences was changing between shapes - the trellis wires are round, the shank started out as a box, and making the transition from one to the other look smooth was a Big Deal! OTOH obviously when you pour metal you can make it do whatever you want, so you don't have to worry about stuff like that...

I was sorry to read of your own troubles with your ring :(sad have you decided definitively to have it brushed? I take a brillo pad to DH's brushed palladium band every so often, and it actually works really well, as long as I'm careful to go in small circles!

Thank you Snooper! the milgrain is so fine it shimmers :love: it was VC's idea to put it on both sides of the crossbars, not just the top, I'm glad we went with it!

Sandy wow, thank you! The threestone is swoopier I think, as the trellis wires straightened out a bit weaving in and out up to the centre, but that's unavoidable. This ring is definitely more of a niche piece than the threestone - it's too detailed, too curvy and swervy and milgrainy to be anything but, really! But I do love it :bigsmile:

Yes, they're both from the same batch of gold. I fell in love with the creamy colour of Liane's rings ([URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/green-lake-jewelers-nerd-ring-wedding-band.130950/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/green-lake-jewelers-nerd-ring-wedding-band.130950/[/URL]) The engraving on the band makes it look "whiter" from afar, though - almost like it's diamond-studded...

Thank you, mitsui, SC, sapphire, artdeco!!

Kenny one day I will take photos like yours. One day. :naughty:

FancyDiamond thank you! That is high praise from you, you have exquisite taste! And I must say *thank you* for posting those photos of your two beautiful five stone rings - I referred to that thread innumerable times!

Here, for anyone who hasn't seen them yet :love: :love: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-perfect-5-stone-trellis-design-from-whiteflash.154045/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-perfect-5-stone-trellis-design-from-whiteflash.154045/[/URL]

periwinkle - thank you! I just saw your five stone updates - those pinks are GORGEOUS!!! I can't wait to see it - what is the expected timeline?

Awww naty, thank you! I imagine a lot of people were baffled - heck, I was furious myself! But... when we opened the box DH's face literally lit up. And he'll peer over my shoulder when I get the boxes out when I get home and we'll admire them together, and I can't stop smiling ::) I never would've guessed he'd care so much about my jewellery (okay, the five stone was originally his idea so it could be a pride thing :cheeky: ) or that it'd bother me so much if he didn't like my important pieces! At the end of the day - I'm very, very happy ::)

Danny, thank you :))

lknvrb Thank you!! The reason for the reset is a long story! I won't get into it here - suffice to say that I'm really happy we went forward, and really happy we chose VC, and thrilled with the ring!!

Thank you Mayk, yenny! It is art! I do plan to wear all three together regularly - I want to keep wearing my original wedding band, and from a practical perspective it's a fantastic spacer :sun:

JRCanera-O.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packy!! Thank you :bigsmile: But no kissing, you'll smudge it!!

What's the latest on your AVCs? Hehe you have a slew of us waiting for you to pick your stones and finalise your setting and you call me a tease :nono:

diamondrng, LilM, stargurl, Queen, MrsBB, gem thank you :bigsmile:

The finger coverage is pretty amazing 8)

June I'll post a pic or three. The pics highlight it - IRL it's not so noticeable, and on the finger it's totally hidden behind my adjacent fingers so it's really just me being a picky PSer...

LOL. Well - I'm glad you like it now!! I had VC round out shank and add the mysterious engraving and I think those two little tweaks had a really big effect on the overall look - I didn't like the contrast between the rounded trellis and the sharp corners on the shank on the first version, now it's all rounded and smooth and silky and... :halo:

I'm still adjusting to the fact that it's *not* my threestone. They're so different, despite having so many similarities of design!

Hospatogi thank you! The band - LittleSparkle made me do it! :devil:

Seriously though... I LOVE it. The engraving is so precise and delicate, and it *sparkles*!! I know you were thinking about it, and I really think you couldn't go wrong with it, it *fits* with the feel of your Ering so well :appl:

Thank you aoife! Dreamer used the word "alive" too - I agree. Not in a creepy it's-growing-tentacles way - the way the prongs climb and claw the stones makes me think of a flower opening, or something sprouting...

I don't spend much time in CS but I have to say your JKT pieces are beautiful - the colour of the spinel against the rich yellow gold is breathtaking :love:

luv - DH and I are really happy. DH is happy it's the fivestone he originally envisioned, I'm happy the design was masterfully executed, and that he's happy ::) Thank you!

backwardsand hehe I think I'd drive him nuts, I think I *was* driving him nuts! Well, I guess he's had so many PSers as clients recently, he must be getting used to it :bigsmile: Thank you!

Ooh I'm glad you saw this thread LittleSparkle!! You were right about the band - I adore it!! I definitely think you started a trend - it's such a sweet little thing, and it's so wearable!

The trellis is... perfection. Eeeep!!

FutureMrs.W Thank you!! We're super happy with it :appl: When I first saw it my first thought was that this would be a seriously spectacular ring to propose with. The way it looks in a ring box with just the trellis detail visible is one of its loveliest outfits, IMO!

ame LOL! And - thank you!! I hope you can find peace with your own saga :sick: either with a new setting, or a remake, or a plain band, or something else...

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so I can't actually post the first two words that came out of my mouth when I saw it, :bigsmile: but, boy! It really is a beautiful work of art. If my 5 stone works out to be as half as beautiful I'll be happy!

Can you tell me what the graduation of the stones are again? In ct size and mm? Please? :halo:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some other thoughts some people might find interesting ::)

First, for Dreamer, Phoenix, preg, slg, June -

Sorry, I'll try and explain a bit better ::) Here's a pic of the first iteration, and how I asked to have it changed to break up the transition from shank to trellis. My first idea was to file out a fillet/wedge to get those sharp yellow triangles, but we couldn't do that because the two trellis wires leading up to the middle of the centrestone are soldered straight into that shank-block, and those wires need the green pressure of that extra metal to keep sufficient tension on the centrestone. Then I thought of faking it with a deep triangular indent, but that apparently would've removed too much metal too, an VC strongly advised against it. I had some other ideas - adding metal in various places, wraps... none of which would've done the job properly, so I told him I was out of ideas and to find something he thought would work 8)

ep2.png
ep1_0.png

He decided on this sort of indent engraving - it's a triangle that extends relatively far down the shank, but the metal in the middle is pinched in - almost pyramid-like - so we keep quite a bit of metal bulk, but get the overall appearance of a sleek transition. The engraving catches even the dimmest and brightest of lights and really does a good job of visually easing that demarcation IRL - when it's visible, that is, which is rarely, since that part of the shank is pretty much fully covered by my adjacent fingers when I'm wearing it ::) Rounding out the inside of the shank and making the outside dome more curved made a huge aesthetic difference too, I think.

IMG_4858.jpg
JRCanera-A.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

One of the things I was looking for w/ this reset was to gain a little in horizontal finger coverage. I posted this in my reset thread in response to a question from Dreamer -

As to what I see IRL - I've thought long and hard about this. This might sound kooky, but bear with me - I'm going to try to explain why I am positive that I will see the difference even w/ melee.

We know that photos make the stones look bigger, and that they look to stick out further across the finger than they actually look to IRL. IRL when my ring is on exactly the top of my finger and I look down at my hand, the white of the sidestones and end-prongs is *exactly* in-line with my finger - you could draw straight lines from my fingertips down the sides of my finger to my palm, and the sidestones would hit those two lines dead on.

It's a very unflattering look IRL, actually. (Of course, it's new to this iteration, since my older ring had smaller stones, so you could see the sides of the fingers and the band wrapping around.) I started letting it just spin to one side and stay there, not re-centering it, to create some delineation between ring and finger boundaries... Now, though, that this opportunity has come up, it's the perfect time to *fix* it - even the teeny tiny stones at significant angles would jut out just enough to create some 3D effect that I like to see.

Did that make sense? It's one of the reasons I love the look of eternity bands - the way they protrude from the finger head-on and in profile.

ETA: pic might explain better

file.php

Funnily enough the look of that last paint-finger is exactly what this one looks like IRL! I'm really liking the 3D look :appl:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A couple of thoughts on Cast vs. Handforged -

-- The VC ring is *light*!! I'm really surprised by this - I imagined it'd be a lot heavier, given the density of metal, but.. I think because it's so dense there doesn't need to be as much metal. The handforged trellis wires are quite a bit thinner, the handforged prongs are daintier... shank is thinner, but wider... I'm not sure I like it, I rather prefer the heft of the cast piece in this case. My pieces are both gold though, I don't know if platinum pieces would be the same way?

-- One of the amazing things is how clean handforged pieces are, on the insides and underneath. I guess cast pieces just can't be finished so cleanly - I clearly see the differences between the two between the trellis structure: the metal on the underside of the three-stone has no form, whereas each individual element is visible in the five-stone. Does it matter? I'm not sure... I suppose "it depends". I'm picky enough to appreciate the precision of interior finish, but I paid a hefty premium for that privilege - if I wasn't so concerned with and wouldn't appreciate those sorts of details I don't think the advantages of denser metal, etc. compensate for the price difference of this specific type of design - it's not like there's pave, say, where hand-making has obvious visual gains. The finish on the exterior of both rings is fantastic, and that's all most people care about, after all!

aab.jpg

aac.png
J-RingAltered-5.png

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie, I think Victor is going to get some business after this thread.
It's really beautiful and best of all, you're happy and so is hubby.

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!! IT'S JUST BEAUTIFUL!!! :love: :love: :love:

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
Yssie:

Both rings are breathtaking! The engraving on your band is perfection. You must be so relieved that the process is over and you finally have the rings on your finger--and most importantly, you and DH are happy with the results. I wish I could see them in person as I am sure the pictures don't do them justice. Enjoy!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T - Thank you!! We just put new lights in the kitchen, and, well, I spend entirely too much time there :bigsmile:

GK Goodness, thank you! I'm honoured to have lured you out ::)

Thank you DS!! The milgrain on the baskets is Haven-inspired - that particular detail on her solitaire grabbed me every time I saw a photo of it :love:

Y'know, I'm pretty sure this little band would go with all sorts of designs and styles... :halo:

Thank you for your kind words, Skippy, motown, rosetta, Matata, Ara, Dani, mrssalvo!!

slg I haven't found it yet! One of the cats has put herself in time-out though, so I'm guessing she's the culprit. I took my multivitamin in the kitchen and admired the rings in our super sparkly new lights (yeah, yeah, I know!) , walked upstairs, put my laptop away, crawled into bed, realised I'd left my earrings on, got up to put them away, and noticed it was missing. So it must've fallen off within that five minute window... cat makes a fantastic thief - sneak in, grab the goods, sneak right out :nono:

Oh, I have *tons* more pics!!

Thank you tigian, amy ::) I really am very very lucky!!

jaysonsmom yes, I suppose I do! DH certainly thinks so ::) he's very happy! It's so cute :))

Newjewels - thank you! I love the milgrain too. It's pronounced in the photos, but IRL it's so fine you don't even notice on first glance, and I really like that, the secret detail... I have a whole new appreciation for the concept of surprise stones!

Can you link me to JM's platform setting? I couldn't forget Coati's stunner and the dozens? hundreds? it inspired... I don't know if we're talking about the same one though!

JamesMeyerBezel2555.jpg

kris nice to meet you :wavey: and thank you! It's been quite a journey!

Farley - what sweet and generous sentiments - thank you! I've been a magpie for as long as I can remember, and it's lovely to have PS to share it with :)) I certainly hope we'll be very happy, with the ring and everything else ::)

How are you enjoying your solitaire? Does it ever make it to your left hand? :bigsmile:

rainy, Tuckins Thank you! I'm not saying goodbye to my threestone though, it has RHR written all over, once I find some garnets for it...

Tuckins - how is your son doing, can I ask here?

HOT My five-stone-mate! Thank you! Your five stone is going to be *amazing*!! I love the design (well, of course I do...) and I love the 0.2s, they make for a really smooth and slinky graduation 8)

My stones are 3.3mm (12pointers I think?) -- 4.9mm (0.43) -- 8.9mm (2.7).

texas We are :bigsmile:

VC has made so many pieces for PSers lately! He really is a fantastic vendor, and a wonderful artist - I'll be going back, and I can only imagine anyone else who has worked with him will as well!

Thank you reno, MrsM! I am definitely very relieved - custom work is always stressful! I finally have them, and I have the appraisal scheduled, and DH is happy, and all is well ::)

periwinkle I just realised I never answered your question! What is the gallery?

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Not sure how many new words of praise I can add, but your reset is absolutely breathtakingly spectacular! VC's workmanship is truly exquisite and I hope you enjoy your marvelous setting for years to come!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results