shape
carat
color
clarity

My Swala Spinel and Tsavorite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/27/2009 4:34:33 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade

Date: 12/27/2009 4:10:50 PM
Author: portia

I think for 2010 I should make it a goal to set just one stone! heheh

I vote for the Tsav!
If you don''t want to wait to save up funds on a custom setting, you could always get a Legacy style setting from LOGR. LaurenThePartier, Tourmaline Lover, and others seem very happy with their LOGR legacy''s.

I tend to set stones I really like relatively quickly, just because I want to wear it ASAP (though to be fair, my settings are pretty simple and inexpensive). I recently ordered a sapphire (hopefully I''ll be seeing it in a week or so) which I promised myself I''d earmark for my graduation or push-present and not set /wear until then. We''ll see if I can control myself.
3.gif
If I remember it right, MTG you are currently in Beijing.
I know some very good jeweller there, actually i set my avatar ring with them, which cost me 1717 RMB
I think setting is relatively cheaper in China than in US.

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/27/2009 3:24:16 PM
Author:portia

I''m late in sharing pics of my stones I purchased from Swala. I received them before Christmas, but haven''t had a chance to take photos. I''m very happy with them and Eric was wonderful to work with... very helpful and great communication!
36.gif

First up is the 3.4 ct. Mahenge Spinel.
portia, i love love love your mahenge, and your 2 other stones too~~
the mahenge just look so delicious
18.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yummy! all of your new stones are gorgeous!
18.gif
I''m looking into getting a tsav for 2010
36.gif

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW-Absoltely stunning stones. That Mahenge looks like it glows to the moon!!
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/27/2009 3:54:30 PM
Author: portia

Thanks MakingtheGrade and virgoruby!

As far as setting plans go, I think I'm going to halo both the spinel and tsavorite. I've always wanted a legacy-style ring and I think the tsav would be really pretty in that style. For the spinel, I think I'd like to incorporate some rose gold, but not exactly sure yet. Maybe rose gold halo and the rest platinum or white gold? My problem is that I keep spending my money on new stones and not settings for existing stones I have. This forum is such a bad influence! LOL
I wouldn't do rose gold around the spinel itself, but white gold. The stone is so vivid in color, that white gold would make it pop more. If you want rose gold accents in the gallery, that's a good idea. Same thing with the tsavorite, white gold. Stones with vivid coloration often look best in white metal IMO.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
LOVE that tsavorite - great rich green color!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 12:32:13 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

I wouldn''t do rose gold around the spinel itself, but white gold. The stone is so vivid in color, that white gold would make it pop more. If you want rose gold accents in the gallery, that''s a good idea. Same thing with the tsavorite, white gold. Stones with vivid coloration often look best in white metal IMO.
Ditto! Not sure I agree about WG for the tsav, but it could be a good idea too (I''ve seen them looking nice in all color combos so it depends). Both stones are very nice!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have my tsav in yellow gold and love it, so I think it''s just a matter of preference.

For the mahenge, you could work in rose gold in the basket details and on the shank maybe?

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Both stones are gorgeous! It would drive me crazy not to have them set.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results