shape
carat
color
clarity

My Swala Spinel and Tsavorite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
I''m late in sharing pics of my stones I purchased from Swala. I received them before Christmas, but haven''t had a chance to take photos. I''m very happy with them and Eric was wonderful to work with... very helpful and great communication!
36.gif

First up is the 3.4 ct. Mahenge Spinel.

SpinelAgain-2.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Another... it''s so difficult to get good photos! This one unfortunately has a reflection on the table.

SpinelAgain-1.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
On my hand (and *very* carefully placed in a ring holder)...

Hand-1.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
2.95 ct Tsavorite

tsavorite-1.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
another...

tsavorite-2.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Group shot with a 4.88 ct Peridot purchased from Richard Wise.

Triple-1.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ack! I''m dying of jealous over here!!

Those are both just gorgeous, congratulations!! I''m especially partial to that tsavorite, hehe.

Any setting plans?

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful stones - love them all!
30.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks MakingtheGrade and virgoruby!

As far as setting plans go, I think I''m going to halo both the spinel and tsavorite. I''ve always wanted a legacy-style ring and I think the tsav would be really pretty in that style. For the spinel, I think I''d like to incorporate some rose gold, but not exactly sure yet. Maybe rose gold halo and the rest platinum or white gold? My problem is that I keep spending my money on new stones and not settings for existing stones I have. This forum is such a bad influence! LOL

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/27/2009 3:54:30 PM
Author: portia
My problem is that I keep spending my money on new stones and not settings for existing stones I have. This forum is such a bad influence! LOL

Oh...I'm sure many of us can relate
9.gif

I wouldn't be able to stand not being able to wear those though, I would want to stare at them all day.

It's the weirdest thing but it seems like I can't get to Swala's webpage from China.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/27/2009 4:00:22 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade

My problem is that I keep spending my money on new stones and not settings for existing stones I have. This forum is such a bad influence! LOL

Oh...I''m sure many of us can relate
9.gif

I wouldn''t be able to stand not being able to wear those though, I would want to stare at them all day.

It''s the weirdest thing but it seems like I can''t get to Swala''s webpage from China.
I know... I drive my husband crazy walking around the house with my loose stones looking at them in different lighting. He thinks I''m going to lose them.

I think for 2010 I should make it a goal to set just one stone! heheh

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very pretty and what a way to end 2009. Congratulations. Beautiful gemstones.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/27/2009 4:10:50 PM

Date: 12/27/2009 4:00:22 PM

Oh...I''m sure many of us can relate
9.gif

I wouldn''t be able to stand not being able to wear those though, I would want to stare at them all day.

It''s the weirdest thing but it seems like I can''t get to Swala''s webpage from China.
I know... I drive my husband crazy walking around the house with my loose stones looking at them in different lighting. He thinks I''m going to lose them.

I can relate! I hope to set a few of my "good" stones in 2010 as well. I only seem to set the inexpensive ones, as practice stones.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I vote for the Tsav!
If you don't want to wait to save up funds on a custom setting, you could always get a Legacy style setting from LOGR. LaurenThePartier, Tourmaline Lover, and others seem very happy with their LOGR legacy's.

I tend to set stones I really like relatively quickly, just because I want to wear it ASAP (though to be fair, my settings are pretty simple and inexpensive). I recently ordered a sapphire (hopefully I'll be seeing it in a week or so) which I promised myself I'd earmark for my graduation or push-present and not set /wear until then. We'll see if I can control myself.
3.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/27/2009 4:34:33 PM

I vote for the Tsav!
If you don''t want to wait to save up funds on a custom setting, you could always get a Legacy style setting from LOGR. LaurenThePartier, Tourmaline Lover, and others seem very happy with their LOGR legacy''s.

I tend to set stones I really like relatively quickly, just because I want to wear it ASAP (though to be fair, my settings are pretty simple and inexpensive). I recently ordered a sapphire (hopefully I''ll be seeing it in a week or so) which I promised myself I''d earmark for my graduation or push-present and not set /wear until then. We''ll see if I can control myself.
3.gif
I''ve seen the LOGR settings and they look really nice. I just love LTPs collection (especially the Legacies)! I may have to look into those for my other stones, but I really like this ring for the tsav from Brian Gavin. In fact, I emailed them to get a quote so we''ll see what happens!

Can''t wait to see your sapphire! I love the stone in your avatar, too!

BG_Halo6_111709.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Portia, they''re just gorgeous! I''m especially in love with the spinel - wow it glows!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Portia, you''re quite a shopper, and discerning too. I''m very envious of your new gems, all three look gorgeous and doesn''t the Peridot hold its own next to the Tsavorite and Spinel!
More pics?
1.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
They''re both really gorgeous! I especially love love love the spinel
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I like the setting you posted from BGD.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks LovingDiamonds, Lady Disdain, BEG, klewis and bling addict! This gemstone collecting is seriously addicting!

BEG, I wish I could capture just how much the stone glows. It's amazing... I've never seen a stone do that before! I have lots of fun looking at it in different lighting conditions. My hubby just shakes his head. lol

klewis, I totally agree about the peridot. The photo just doesn't capture the beauty of it. The grass green color is so pretty. I'll take more pics tomorrow.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Love the Mahenge!! You are so right, portia; they are truly special stones.

The halo idea is great, though I don''t think I would go with LOGR myself for such substantial stones. BGD would definitely do them justice, though!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks icekid! I keep seeing such beautiful rings from BGD I figure I should check them out.

So does anyone have any ideas setting ideas for the Mahenge? If I set the tsav early in 2010 I probably won''t be able to set the spinel for a while, but I always like to have a plan. Maybe I should just get a temp setting for it so I can enjoy it like MTG said.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for clarifying for me Portia, I definitely meant for the LOGR recommendation to be a temp setting. Those babies deserve a much better forever-home!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stones! That Mahenge has truly eye popping colour, the tsav is such a rich pure green while showing off its brilliance, and the peridot is lovely too. It''s a tough choice but I think the Mahenge is deserving of going first.
11.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2009 9:19:10 PM
Author: Chrono
Gorgeous stones! That Mahenge has truly eye popping colour, the tsav is such a rich pure green while showing off its brilliance, and the peridot is lovely too. It''s a tough choice but I think the Mahenge is deserving of going first.
11.gif

I vote for the Mahenge first too
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS stones - such beautiful colors and cuts!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
::shakes fist at Chrono and Icekid::

Bah! It''s a spinel conspiracy!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
LOL!! You all are too funny! I was going to go ahead with the tsavorite since I know exactly what I want to do (taking MTG''s advice and getting one set rather than stare at loose stones). I figure that one''s easy... tsav + legacy = Portia''s first completed project.
36.gif

So, if I was to set the spinel, how would you set it? Ideas?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, taking my side over Chrono and Icekids? What is the world coming to?
3.gif
I kid, I kid.

Hmm...I''m not sure how I''d set the mahenge. I think so much depends on what style you enjoy. Vintage? Modern? Blinged out? Sleek?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Love your two new stones, especially that gorgeous Mahenge. Certainly a nice sized stone, and soooo brilliant.

But, if you know how you want to set that beautiful tsav, I say, go for it!
9.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous colours! Swala''s Tsavorites and Mahenge Spinels are truly special aren''t they? Congrats on your savvy purchases!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results