shape
carat
color
clarity

My ring fell into a sink in a public restroom...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
bighugtoshare.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2007 9:22:50 PM
Author: crown1
harriet, harriet, harriet! maybe this is your lucky day. this should be cause for the ban to be broken. you can get one of the three diamond eternity''s you wanted to use as a ring guard until the reset.

maximize your misfortune.
2.gif
No dice.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2007 8:53:50 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Harriet,
My Cartier told me the rolling rings can be sized.
1.gif
The plain one''s yes, the one with diamonds no. So good thing you have a plain one. I wouldn''t wear the ering until you get it sized.
Kaleigh, does this mean that the Novo bands I''m coveting can''t be resized either?

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Hartiet, see if they can put in temporary sizing beads until you lose all the weight you want to lose, and have them sized at a later time.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
eeek, Harriet you scared me!!! Thank goodness the manager was able to help.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
did you try negotiating and it failed or you just know not to?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2007 10:15:56 PM
Author: curiopotter
Hartiet, see if they can put in temporary sizing beads until you lose all the weight you want to lose, and have them sized at a later time.
Thanks! What are sizing beads? I'm not on a diet, so I don't know how much more, if any, weight I'm going to lose!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2007 10:16:26 PM
Author: crown1
did you try negotiating and it failed or you just know not to?
The former. Any negotiation tactics?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2007 10:16:26 PM
Author: kcoursolle
eeek, Harriet you scared me!!! Thank goodness the manager was able to help.
Sorry. I didn''t mean to.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Phew! Glad the ring is safe! What a scare! I hope you can get your rolling ring sized soon so you don''t have anymore scares. Please don''t freak us out again!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2007 2:08:35 AM
Author: snlee
Phew! Glad the ring is safe! What a scare! I hope you can get your rolling ring sized soon so you don't have anymore scares. Please don't freak us out again!
Sorry.
8.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s scary! I''m glad it turned out okay! You can definitely have Cartier size your ring-I called and asked about it. And definitely size your e-ring as soon as possible even if it''s only going to be for a few weeks!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad your ring(s) are safe. What an ordeal. That must have been so scary. And in a public restroom of all places! I''ve lost a few pounds lately and my rings are all loose, too. I can''t have my wedding ring sized down any more....I guess it''s time for a new ring!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2007 10:00:34 AM
Author: thing2of2
Wow, that''s scary! I''m glad it turned out okay! You can definitely have Cartier size your ring-I called and asked about it. And definitely size your e-ring as soon as possible even if it''s only going to be for a few weeks!
It was sooo scary. Thanks.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2007 10:27:08 AM
Author: Miranda
I''m so glad your ring(s) are safe. What an ordeal. That must have been so scary. And in a public restroom of all places! I''ve lost a few pounds lately and my rings are all loose, too. I can''t have my wedding ring sized down any more....I guess it''s time for a new ring!!!
2.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here you go sweetheart - sizing beads. And a HUGE hug for the fright you had.

sizingbeads12121.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, dearie. Do the beads annoy you? When I met with him, Leon suggested putting some in to stop the spinning.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
They took a bit of getting used to. I am happy with them now though. Definitely no spinning.
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you feel them the whole day?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2007 9:59:12 PM
Author: Harriet
Date: 6/30/2007 8:53:50 PM

Author: Kaleigh

Harriet,

My Cartier told me the rolling rings can be sized.
1.gif
The plain one''s yes, the one with diamonds no. So good thing you have a plain one. I wouldn''t wear the ering until you get it sized.
Kaleigh, does this mean that the Novo bands I''m coveting can''t be resized either?

i''m not kaleigh but pave rings shouldn''t really be sized much if at all. I have heard that some designers will do it maybe a very small amount using a laser. I''d talk to Tiffany''s about sizing thing but any type of eternity bands aren''t considered easily sized.

so glad you got your ring back though...what a scare
32.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2007 9:49:52 PM
Author: mrssalvo
i''m not kaleigh but pave rings shouldn''t really be sized much if at all. I have heard that some designers will do it maybe a very small amount using a laser. I''d talk to Tiffany''s about sizing thing but any type of eternity bands aren''t considered easily sized.

so glad you got your ring back though...what a scare
32.gif
Thanks, mrssalvo. I''m hoping the Novos are only partial eternities.
Was it ever a scare! My FMIL had an even worse incident -- the centre stone fell out of her e-ring. Her SIL lost her whole darn e-ring while jet-skiing (don''t ask).

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I tried sizing balls and they got on my nerves! Sorry all that happened to you!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2007 8:40:50 PM
Author: Harriet
Do you feel them the whole day?
No not the whole day. Its when you are carrying something really. But it doesn''t last long and I am really glad I got them. I know some people can''t get away with them but for me they work.
1.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad they were able to rescue your ring. If a regular ring guard can't be put in your engagement ring, maybe they could put a sizing bead or 2 inside the shank. Would the rolling ring fit your middle finger? I always take my rings off and put them in my wallet before I go into the washroom. If nobody can resize your e-ring immediately, what about wrapping some scotch tape around the bottom of the shank?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2007 10:36:35 PM
Author: justjulia
I tried sizing balls and they got on my nerves! Sorry all that happened to you!
Thanks, Justjulia.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2007 7:49:25 AM
Author: Maisie
No not the whole day. Its when you are carrying something really. But it doesn''t last long and I am really glad I got them. I know some people can''t get away with them but for me they work.
1.gif
Are they easy to remove?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2007 8:11:41 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Glad they were able to rescue your ring. If a regular ring guard can''t be put in your engagement ring, maybe they could put a sizing bead or 2 inside the shank. Would the rolling ring fit your middle finger? I always take my rings off and put them in my wallet before I go into the washroom. If nobody can resize your e-ring immediately, what about wrapping some scotch tape around the bottom of the shank?
Thanks. Unfortunately, the rolling ring won''t fit my other fingers. I''ll follow your advice and just put my rings in my purse.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe they are easy enough to take out if you don''t like them. A jeweller would be able to do the job.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2007 10:34:28 AM
Author: Maisie
I believe they are easy enough to take out if you don''t like them. A jeweller would be able to do the job.
Thanks, Maisie. Would you mind helping me with my re-set too? There''s a thread in Rocky Talky.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results