shape
carat
color
clarity

My parents house burnt down last night

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
RQ I am so sorry to hear about this especially about the puppies however I am relieved and happy that your family was not hurt - sending you all dust and prayers that you can get back to normal ASAP *hugs*

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying to get in touch with you... So far to no avail but I'll keep on trying. Besides clothes, I found some other things...a small TV that I bought as a monitor for a computer and do not use. Lots of stuff, like in every house. Some other things... I thought, Amazon vouchers... I shall try tomorrow again.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
RQ, I'm soooooo very sorry to hear about the loss your family has endured. Sending my thoughts, prayers, and best wishes to all of you. I hope that there are some good things that will come out of this situation for you.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
RQ - What a tragedy. ;( Your family will be in my prayers. I'm amazed as always at how generous this community is!

holly sparkle

Shiny_Rock
RQ, I know I'm new here and we don't know eachother but I am so sorry for you & your family's loss.

Huge hugs & much love to you all.

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry to hear this. The loss of the dogs is certainly tragic but I'm glad everybody else is ok.

I've been a volunteer firefighter for years. Although not our main priority, many of us go out of our way to try to save or protect pictures. I'm glad to hear some items were able to be salvaged.

It sounds like it's going to be a challenge getting help together but I agree - where there is a will, there is a way. Let's keep hoping a reasonable way can be found. Can you post rough pants, shoe, shirt, dress sizes for them?

Mods, would it be appropriate for her to post the name or contact info of their nearest Red Cross office? Maybe we can contact them for donations... and independent, public third party. That would be a totally blind way for us to contribute.

Treefrog

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
treefrog said:
I am so sorry to hear this. The loss of the dogs is certainly tragic but I'm glad everybody else is ok.

I've been a volunteer firefighter for years. Although not our main priority, many of us go out of our way to try to save or protect pictures. I'm glad to hear some items were able to be salvaged.

It sounds like it's going to be a challenge getting help together but I agree - where there is a will, there is a way. Let's keep hoping a reasonable way can be found. Can you post rough pants, shoe, shirt, dress sizes for them?

Mods, would it be appropriate for her to post the name or contact info of their nearest Red Cross office? Maybe we can contact them for donations... and independent, public third party. That would be a totally blind way for us to contribute.
Treefrog

Great idea TreeFrog. I hope the moderators will allow this.
I know there are lots of families who need help and I know we do what we can there, but when it is someone we know it feels much closer to home.

RQ, could you tell us a bit about your family? Rough clothing/shoe sizes are a good start.
What else do they like? Art supplies? Writing supplies? Favorite authors?

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
I am so so sorry for your parents and the rest of your family. *hugs*

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone. Already some things are starting to arrive. One thing my mother has mentioned is a camera. I never even thought of that, but it is a good way to create new memories. They are all being so positive about the experience. My mom keeps saying that she had been meaning to get rid of this or that. Now it was done for her. They are maintaining that this is a new start and they are in good spirits about it all. Our family seems to be closer than ever before. I have visited my mom 4 times since it has happened and I normally used to go about once a week.

My mom loves to read however she said that she would never collect books like that again. She thinks it may be a partial reason why it burnt so much so quickly. There was a lot of books in the house and we all know how much paper likes to burn.

My sister is not the girly girl type. Shes very tshirt and jeans type of girl, but at the same time she has this funky style going on. Like she colors her hair as dark as she can without it being jet black and then she will put a little hot pink or hot green bow clip in her hair. She wears a lot of black. I am not sure if that is for the style or also because it helps hide her weight. She is a big girl. Nobody can figure out why because she doesnt eat more than the average person.

The money that the red cross gave them is about to expire. They have no idea what to buy. They said that they dont know where they are going to be living and what they will need. I told them underwear, socks and bras. I know that most people arent eager to wear used undies.

I am afraid to post info because the mods have mentioned before that we cant do that. I will email and find out exactly what I can do.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry this happened, and my thoughts are with your family.

I have some "funky" clothes that I don't wear that I would love to send to you guys if we find a way to do it that respects everyone's privacy.

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry to hear this. Thank God your family is safe, but I am so so sorry to hear about the loss of the dogs. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I am 98% sure I have a camera that has never been used 8 or 10 megapixels, nice sized screen, thin, digital camera made by olympus that I would like to give you guys (I just have to double check with SO...but I doubt he'd care considering it was FOR HIM and has never been used by him anyway). **Edited by moderator. Please respect forum rules**

audball

Ideal_Rock
**removed by moderator. Please respect forum rules**

RQ - We're here for you, we'll find a way to help. Contact in process...Hope things are getting better.

*Hugs*

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I'm so very sorry. I can't begin to imagine how devastating this must be to your family.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I'm so sorry for your parents and little sis. That's terrible. I'm unfortunately not in the Northeast (or in the States at all), otherwise there would surely be some things I could spare. Very, very sorry.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I cannot even imagine how difficult this must be for all of you. What a testament to your character, love and spirit that you are brought closer together by this tragedy, supporting each other and trying to stay positive and focused on moving ahead.

I pray that the support and love that is coming your way in this time of need lifts your spirits and gives you the strength to continue through the difficult days that lie ahead. Your PS community, friends and family are all here for you.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I was so sorry to hear of your family's loss. My heart goes out to your family. It is wonderful, RQ, that you can find the positive in this situation...your family being closer, your mom saying she meant to get rid of things...I really admire your attitude.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
RQ, I have been absent from the boards this week, but now that I'm back I wanted to mention how great it is that your family is being so positive through such a terrible experience.

The day after I last commented on your thread, I got a phone call from a best friend of mine. She was my boss for 3 years. She and her husband have 5 kids together and live in my parents neighborhood. Their house burned completely to the ground because of an electrical fire. The only thing they owned were the clothes on their back. I'm headed in this weekend to bring them some things and help them filter through the mess.

It's horrible that such awful things happen to such good people. So many people are coming together to help my friend and her family. I hope that people are coming around to help your family as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results