color
clarity

My parents house burnt down last night

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gailey said:
Gypsy said:
Packrat, It's been my experience that for every PSer that one gets to know at a GTG, that PSers knows at least 5 others. So it's pretty organic and seems to ripple out. :)

Not wishing to be disrespectful of the rules or our mods because I think they do a wonderful job for us all. But Gypsy's right. Where there's a will, there's a way. Hang in their RadiantQuest.

Gayley,

Can you please count me in? There is a way.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
So sorry to hear of this, RQ. I'm thankful that your family are safe, but so, so sorry to hear that the dogs were lost.

Thinking about you and your folks.

Jen

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry for the loss you and your family suffered from. I am also most sad about their dogs.

My thoughts are with you and yours and hope things will improve quickly.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
RQ, this is so utterly heartbreaking to hear. I am so, so sorry.

My family's 3-story house was struck by lightning when I was 14. It burnt to the ground. We had two yorkies, but luckily they were able to get the dogs out before the house collapsed. I can't imagine how I would have felt losing the family pets as well.

My younger sister was also on vacation at the time of the fire, and my parents had the daunting task of telling her that the things in her suitcase were now her only belongings.

It was a terrible, terrible thing.. but some good came of it. My parents were able to build the dream home they've always wanted, and so many of our greatest friends and family came together to help us get our lives back on track.

I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers, as that was probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through. Tell them to stay strong.. the worst has already happened, and things can only look up from here.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear what happened to the house and your dogs. If there's anything you need, just ask. It could have been so much worse if your family were home.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry rq - I can't imagine what your family must be going through, how hearbreaking to lose the puppies :(sad

I'll be thinking of you and your family.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to read this. I hope everything gets worked out quickly.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RQ, I'm so terribly sorry to read this news, and doubly sorry to hear that the dogs perished. I'm sick thinking about it.

Please know that if I can find a way to contact you or find someone else who's in contact with you on another site that i will do so. My parents suffered a house fire shortly after they bought their home in '79 and they had only a spare few neighbors who came forward to help out--I just know how tough it can be. Many, many hugs to you and happy thoughts outgoing to you and yours. Much love--Monnie.
'

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear this RQ. Thank god your family were away. I'm very sorry for the loss of their two little dogs.

I'm sure your sisters friends will rally around her and help make new sentimental treasures. It's inspiring to see all the offers of help here, but I wouldn't expect anything else from PS.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hi RQ,

A close friend of ours went through this. It was a long rebuilding process, but they got through it. I'm very sorry about the dogs, and hope the best for you and your family during this time.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry to hear about this...the dogs :(sad , your sister...the house and the memories...

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RQ, there are no words that would comfort at a time like this, but your family will be in my prayers. I can't imagine how they are feeling.

Count me in ladies. I have TONS of stuff at home that I don't use that I would love to send to help.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry, this would be my worse nightmare, my thoughts and prayers are going out for them. :(sad

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I am so, so sorry. I know what your family is going through. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry about this RQ. Especially about the loss of your dear little dogs.
Thank goodness your family is safe and sound. That is the main thing. All the stuff that is gone is just stuff. The real loss are your little dogs of course and my heart goes out to you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone. It is tough. I feel like the voice of reason for them. I feel so useless sometimes though. My stepdad was so torn up about the dogs. He was crying so hard. It is beyond my strength to keep myself together when he cries like he does. I try and try to think of things to say. I think the only thing that makes it better about the dogs is that they didnt burn to death. My aunt said that he was holding a picture of the dogs and said "I'm so sorry" to them.

There was an explosion. It started in an up stairs bedroom and there was a propane tank that exploded the rest of the house.

My mother is coming home now. She was been on her way since 7:30 this morning so they should be getting here soon. I know she is going to want to go through the house. With her MS she has no balance though and it will be difficult and dangerous for her to go in, but I know that if it were my house I would have to go in and there would be no stopping me.

Thank you again for all your well wishes, prayers and thoughts.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear RQ,
There is nothing you need to say to your stepdad and rest of your family but just to be there for them. Comfort them and listen to them. That is what they need most. Love and support. There are no magic words in times like these. Just the knowledge that your family is safe and sound and you are there for them is what matters. Again, my heart goes out to you all and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. As for the death of the little doggies there is no sense to be made and you must mourn them as you need to. I am so terribly sorry.

Hugs,
Missy

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry radiantquest - I know this is just heartbreaking. You and your family will surely be in my prayers. It sounds like you're keeping a fairly level head, and I'm sure your family really appreciates your being there. This is an exhausting and draining time for you, so take care of yourself as much as possible. I'll keep a vigilant eye on the proceedings to see if there's anything I can do. Hugs!

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry to hear about the terrible fire. My 2 little maltese are like family to me and I can only imagine how devastated your family is over their loss. I will include them today at services. I am sure the family can pull together and bring each other comfort at this very difficult time.
((( hug)))

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
rq~ I'm so sorry for your family's loss. My parents house burnt down in 03 (no one was home, thank God) so I know how devastating the entire process can be. To this day my mom will say she HAS such and such only to realize that it's been gone for years. I went with her through the house and I hope you'll do the same with your mom. The tears came over such random seemingly useless things, but when she realized there was literally nothing left it was overwhelming. I took all the photo albums and went to work photoshopping to try to recover some of her memories and it was the best thing I could have done. She still cherishes those pictures.

Also, I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the American Red Cross has kits to give to victims like this. It's just some basic necessities but it helped us out. They also put my family on a list with their sizes and stuff and they received boxes of clothes by the next morning.

And, if you're looking for something to do that may be overlooked right now, you could go underwear shopping. My family was obviously overwhelmed (one of my little sis's only had a swimsuit that she had been wearing that day) but no one thought about where clean underwear were coming from.

Your family is in my prayers, rq. I hope they're able to recover emotionally and financially very soon.

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
so sorry to hear about this. poor little doggies! ;(

much luck to you and your families

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to say in my earlier post, my parents owned their home but had minimal insurance. It didn't even pay off the mortgage let alone replace any belongings. The community and surrounding communities had a benefit for them and raised several thousands to help them get back on their feet. If you're familiar with the volunteers in your area, you should mention the lack of insurance and see what they can come up with.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
My heart goes out to your family!! I am so sorry about it. At least it was a rented house. THankfully they were not in it. The loss of the dogs is devastating. I am so sorry. I can see by the photos there was nothing to do but run. Gosh I am sorry.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
This is so very sad. I wish I knew how to help.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so very sorry to hear of your family's loss, RQ. I am comforted that they were not in town at the time, but I'm truly sorry about your family's Yorkies. :(sad

That being said - there are a large network of PSers, and if there is any way to help, we'll find it. I will keep an eye on things to see if there is anything I can do. Coincidentally, I have 5 large bags of clothes (men's/women's/junior's/shoes) I just cleaned out of my closet this weekend - many of them in brand new or nearly new shape. If there is any way I can get them to your family, I hope someone will let me know.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Oh RQ, I am so, so sorry for this tragedy. My prayers go out to you and I know that your PS family will be here to support you through the recovery process. Big hugs.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
RQ,

Words cannot express how sorry I am for all that you are going through. Especially the loss of the dogs. It is so heartbreaking.

I just wanted to say that you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

It is a blessing that your folks were away when this awful event took place.

I am in no doubt that our fellow PS'ers who are in the immediate area will come to your assistance in anyway they can. For those of us, like me, who are more distant, can I just say we will be here every step of the way with you, listening and trying to help with each hurdle that you may face. You will not do this alone!

Sending you love, dust and hugs by the truck load! Stay strong!!!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear of this, RQ. My thoughts are with you and your family. I also wish I could help in some way...

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe, I think I just can not even post replies to this thread. I found three ways of sending things to these poor people without breaching the privacy at all why it is so hard I do not know.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Please understand everyone that we try to apply the rules consistently across the forum. This means that this thread, in order to stay on the forum, needs to be about well-wishes and support only. No offers of help with contact information can be posted on the forum.

This does not mean that we are unsympathetic or that we are not doing our best off the forum to help RQ and her family. But it does mean that for us to aid in helping her we need to keep it off the forums for everyone's protection and privacy.

Please remember that there are many lurkers and not all are as kind and altruistic as PSers are.

There are many organizations, such as the Red Cross, who help victims of fires such as RQ's family and could always use donations of supplies.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results