WOW! youve been plenty busy!!
30.gif
I love love LOVE that rubelite. (I think I''m going to have to get me one
9.gif
)

-A

allsparkly

Rough_Rock
Your lineup is gorgeous!!! I really love the green tourmaline from Barry and the lavender spinel. Where did you get the setting for the lavender spinel? I really like the look of the rose gold.

Also- where do you get your stones set? I''m not sure where you''re located, but I''m having a hard time finding a jeweler who will set my stones for a reasonable fee.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
allsparkly - The lavendar spinel is in a setting from LOGR. He sitll sells it - usually the photos are in white gold but you can request rose gold or yellow gold. I hope to get another one in yellow gold. I find these settings to be fun and causal although my fiance thinks it is ugly.

I set my stones in Toronto by PH Designs. I have tried a couple different jewelers and had to get it redone becaues the prongs were not the way I like it. Two of the rings - the hot pink spinel and the amethyst was set by another jeweler and you can see the quality isn't as good. I pay PH Designs CDN $50 per setting which includes rhodium plating and polishing. I think they charge me more than they charge others based on what I read here - I am not sure why. My other jewelers charges between CDN $30 to $50.

I will be honest though .. the best prong work was done by Lan.Bo4 when I sent a stone to him. If I wasn't so afraid that my stones will get lost, I will have him set my stones because they can also make the setting absolutely to the right size.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2010 9:30:43 AM
Author: CharmyPoo

Date: 5/23/2010 6:12:56 AM
Author: chictomato
By the way, I like the Green Tourmaline bezel setting, can I know why do you regret not sending this setting back? tks!
It has one yucky diamond in the bezel that bothers me. It was such a well made setting but the diamonds were so so - I should have upgraded or got them to fix it because I loved that ring. It was a prong set ring and I paid to change it into a bezel - I should have made sure it was perfect before investing more. I still wear that ring a lot.
Charmy, isn't it funny how one yucky diamond can ruin a gorgeous ring, and everafter, that's all we notice?! Have you checked with any jewelers to see if they can replace that one? I once purchased a ring that had 2 hideous accent diamonds, and my jeweler replaced them both with sparkly ones for about $75.

ETA: what size is your rubellite? Looks like a nice larger size.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2010 2:02:21 PM
Author: cellentani

Charmy, isn''t it funny how one yucky diamond can ruin a gorgeous ring, and everafter, that''s all we notice?! Have you checked with any jewelers to see if they can replace that one? I once purchased a ring that had 2 hideous accent diamonds, and my jeweler replaced them both with sparkly ones for about $75.

ETA: what size is your rubellite? Looks like a nice larger size.
I will look into that but I don''t really want to spend on that ring .. I paid $100 to get the stone bezel set. Doh.. I am being cheap and I bet once I do change it .. it will be a world of difference.

The Rubelite is around 8mm and 2.5 ct.

allsparkly

Rough_Rock
I will be honest though .. the best prong work was done by Lan.Bo4 when I sent a stone to him. If I wasn''t so afraid that my stones will get lost, I will have him set my stones because they can also make the setting absolutely to the right size.

Thanks, Charmy! I will think about sending my stones to Lan.Bo4 for setting... though I agree it''s nerve-wracking thinking the stones could get lost!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, what pretty stones! Just love the color spectrum! Charmy, you have gorgeous rings! Can''t wait to see the rest!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I love this! Gorgeous colors, great photos, and each setting suits the stone so well. Thanks for the eye candy!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Wow that''s quite the collection.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Charmy, oh my gosh, you have been busy!!!! I love that Afghan tourmaline and you might want to see what your local jeweler would charge to swap out that dark diamond in the bezel halo.

I don''t know which one I''d want to wear first!!!!!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
How great to see all your pretty new rings. Have fun wearing them all. Do you select your ring of the day to coordinate with the color of your outfits? I do, and I find that having a bunch of colors to choose from is just a blast!
36.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great shots! I love your new rings. Agree about the bypass ring - it is gorgeous!

ruffysdad

Shiny_Rock
Trade
WOOHOO CP
emteeth.gif
! I rarely get to see what one of my rocks looks like after it''s mounted. Thanks for contacting me. This is the kind of thing that really makes a cutter glad
emteeth.gif

Pete

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2010 9:37:07 PM
Author: ruffysdad
WOOHOO CP
emteeth.gif
! I rarely get to see what one of my rocks looks like after it''s mounted. Thanks for contacting me. This is the kind of thing that really makes a cutter glad
emteeth.gif

Pete
Pete - glad to see you here!

For everyone else - Pete is the one who cut the Afghan Tourmaline. I didn''t mention him before because I didn''t know he hang out here :)

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2010 8:47:15 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Charmy, oh my gosh, you have been busy!!!!
Lauren - You have been my inspiration. I still have a long way to go to even come close to your collection.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a lot of rings. They all look great. I think I like the Afghan tourmaline the best. It''s such a rich color!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful collection! more pictures please.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Charmy your collection is amazing! Do you wear them as RHRs?

I was wondering, will you find a gem to place in your Maytal setting once your diamond is reset or will she keep the setting?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 1:38:28 AM
Author: dreamer_d
Charmy your collection is amazing! Do you wear them as RHRs?

I was wondering, will you find a gem to place in your Maytal setting once your diamond is reset or will she keep the setting?
Dreamer .. the original setting will be going bye bye never to be seen again
emsad.gif

I sometimes wear these rings on my e-ring finger as well. I like to switch it up!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad I went back and read all the posts - I missed your edit in that other one... but I think I pointed out the wrong stone/setting... this one is the one I am interested in :)

original.aspx

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
wow charmy-you have been busy!!!!

they are gorgeous, and LOL on LOGR and the other setting companies losing $ on you:)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unbelievable stash of stones; I know it’s difficult to do indoor photography but from what I can tell given the poor lighting condition, you have picked up a lot of very pretty stones.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 10:02:35 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
I''m glad I went back and read all the posts - I missed your edit in that other one... but I think I pointed out the wrong stone/setting... this one is the one I am interested in :)
Cehrabehra - That setting is very similar to the Daniel K Rosebud setting from the side. I don''t have a photo at the moment but I will be sure to take one later. I have that same setting for a larger stone too but nothing set in it yet.

pearlmansrosebud.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 10:35:39 AM
Author: Chrono
Unbelievable stash of stones; I know it’s difficult to do indoor photography but from what I can tell given the poor lighting condition, you have picked up a lot of very pretty stones.
Thanks to you and others here .. I have learned a lot about colored stones. I literally knew nothing at all a year ago and now I can guess what a stone is by looking at it. Thank you PS .. for better or worse.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Charmy! I''d say you''ve been on a roll but that''s an understatement!
30.gif
Gorgeous rings, I tried picking a favorite but couldn''t! How in the world do you pick which ones to wear?
3.gif

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
Will these pictures come back? I didn't get to see the beauties.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see pics.
All I see is this.
Am I the only one?
I'm on a MAC and Safari and I see all the other pics here on PS 2.0.
This is the first time pics have been not visible to me.

Hmm?????

Picture 11.png

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I can't see the pictures either :( I can see the picture on this page of the DanielK? I think that's the setting. But that's the only one. I see the same thing Kenny sees and I'm on a Mac with Google Chrome. Darn, I hope this resolves itself because I want to see all your new rings!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
You're not the only one Kenny. I'm on a PC.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't see them either. Just says "image image" in place of each picture.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results